FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Was this thread helpful?

Yes, I am happy with the replies.

1,177 Vote(s)
59.18%
Yes, kind of.

470 Vote(s)
23.63%
No, needs improvement.

342 Vote(s)
17.19%

[Ask Any Question][Newbie Friendly]

13,508 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,747

By Droidriven, Senior Member on 29th April 2013, 01:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello guys..
I would like you to go through XDA new users guide and you must read the FORUM RULES before posting here or anywhere else on xda.

The rate at which the new users are joining xda on daily basis is very high. A lot of users join because they have got some problems with their devices like bricked phone, bootloops etc. because of following incorrect processes. Some join to help out others, to share their knowledge and gain more.

So basically this thread is for all of those who want to ask questions and answer those.

So those who want to help here, just try to answer without flaming, let it be answered thousands of times earlier, show them the path, direction and let them do things on their own. Do not spoon feed, rather just try to point them to right direction.

This whole idea is of @undercover and the former OP Bruce Wayne and I thank him.

To The people asking questions here, don't forget to check for the links from 2nd post. That will help you increase your knowledge, and do answer the questions asked by others if you know the answer. Please don't simply say thanks if some member helps you, instead use the thanks button, that will help us keep this thread less cluttered.
The Following 284 Users Say Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
29th April 2013, 01:24 PM |#2  
[Ask Any Question] [Help Thread] NOOB FRIENDLY
For a list of guides,refer here.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2073370
Thanks to @Hpsgill
The Following 45 Users Say Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
29th April 2013, 01:24 PM |#3  
Here are the names of some of my friends helping you on the thread.(Updated often)
@iamareebjamal
@Zatta
@dagger (the original OP of this thread)
@Stryke_the_Orc
@prototype-U
@EatHeat
@nlygamz
@plegdroid
@Gogeta
@malybru
@Jimlarck
@ADDICT.ANK
@Primokorn
@luqman98
@hnkotnis
@thenookieforlife3
@ИΘΘK¡€
@Sam Nakamura
@xunholyx

@SubwayChamp

@ktmom

@Ibuprophen

Please do let me know if I have missed some names..
The Following 75 Users Say Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
29th April 2013, 01:24 PM |#4  
Atlast

Please dont spam the thread..
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
1st May 2013, 06:48 PM |#5  
Flag Dhule
Thanks Meter: 106

More
i want to know how to decrypt/encrypt the shell(.sh) file of clockworkrecoverymod(cwm) for xperia 2011 devices...is there any tool i am missing
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to epicsilence For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift epicsilence Ad-Free
1st May 2013, 07:06 PM |#6  
Flag Malappuram, Kerala
Thanks Meter: 1,929

More
Hi mate!
Nice to see a much needed thread like this here.. hope new members as well as old ones find this thread useful! :thumbup:

"To err is human, to forgive is divine"
Sent from my SGS II
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to immortalneo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift immortalneo Ad-Free
1st May 2013, 08:10 PM |#7  
Flag London, UK
Thanks Meter: 4,365

More
Oh, hello there

Sent from my microwave oven. Make: LG Model: N⁴
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to undercover For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift undercover Ad-Free
Bruce Wayne
1st May 2013, 08:45 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamujaan

i want to know how to decrypt/encrypt the shell(.sh) file of clockworkrecoverymod(cwm) for xperia 2011 devices...is there any tool i am missing

Hey sorry for not replying,
As I am not in scripting, I am completely unaware of such things. I tried hard with the search but couldn't find anything useful. I didn't reply because I was expecting a reply from someone with answer. I saw your thread but it is also unanswered.
You can try asking help from the people in your section working on kernels and shell scripts.
Thanks.

A Hero Can Be Anyone. GENERAL HELP THREAD
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
1st May 2013, 09:16 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Question
Hi, I've got a Samsung Galaxy S2 and I've got this problem where it freezes upon reaching the "4G" logo on startup. I looked online for answers and someone recommended to "Odin a stock ROM from your PC", and then they posted a link to this site. Now, I have no idea how to Odin, or what a stock ROM is, so could anyone help me out?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to piper5by5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift piper5by5 Ad-Free
1st May 2013, 09:20 PM |#10  
Moderator Committee Lead - Illuminati Confirmed
Flag Nusquam et ubique
Thanks Meter: 12,778

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by piper5by5

Hi, I've got a Samsung Galaxy S2 and I've got this problem where it freezes upon reaching the "4G" logo on startup. I looked online for answers and someone recommended to "Odin a stock ROM from your PC", and then they posted a link to this site. Now, I have no idea how to Odin, or what a stock ROM is, so could anyone help me out?

http://androidforums.com/samsung-gal...stock-rom.html
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to mark manning For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mark manning Ad-Free
Bruce Wayne
1st May 2013, 09:24 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by piper5by5

Yes.
Welcome to XDA.

Please go to your device's forum using the search your device box from site. type samsung galaxy s2 and choose your device from the options. Look for the stock odin firmwares thread there. Download the one from your region, see the instructions given on flashing there. If you don't understand the instructions, check out youtube videos for that.
Odin is a easy process and just needs instructions to be followed correctly.

And inform us here when you recover your phone again.

A Hero Can Be Anyone. GENERAL HELP THREAD
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, bricked phone, cwm roms and kernels, help thread, noob, noob friendly, question, rcs in action

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)