[Q] New ROM Requirements

Search This thread

BlueBagodah

Nov 20, 2007
Newmarket
Greetings,
I don't have the Galaxy Note (yet), but before I pick one up, I've got a few questions about the available ROMS.
1. Which ROM floating around out there is closest to Stock ICS? (I'd be coming from a Galaxy Nexus.)
2. Are there any ROMS that get rid of all the Samsung Custom Apps? Not just TouchWiz, I'll get rid of that with ADWLauncher, but all the customizations that Samsung has done to Messenger, Calendar, etc.

I'm eager to get the Note, but I want to make sure it's easily "De-Samsung-ified" first.

Thanks!

BlueBagodah

Nov 20, 2007
Newmarket
Take a look at:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1640162

[ROM/MOD]The Collective - The Unofficial v2.0 Beta 4 - 5/13/2012

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Thanks, That does look good, but I'm a bit apprehensive when I see Beta in the title. Is this what you're using? Can you post screenshots of the Messenging and Calendar apps? The Samsung customizations of those really bother me. I know it's nitpicking, I'm a bit anal with my devices...

BlueBagodah

Nov 20, 2007
Newmarket
Thanks @studacris @briand.mooreg for the suggestion. Are there any others, I'm looking for a stable, non-beta ROM to use at first, but once I get confortable with the device, I'll play around with it more.

jpg71

Apr 28, 2005
I think until we get source for ICS, any ROM you see available will claim to be an Alpha or a Beta (at developer's decision).

The reality of the situation is that all of the i717 ICS ROMS are based on a leaked ICS build, not something official.

BlueBagodah

Nov 20, 2007
Newmarket
I think until we get source for ICS, any ROM you see available will claim to be an Alpha or a Beta (at developer's decision).

The reality of the situation is that all of the i717 ICS ROMS are based on a leaked ICS build, not something official.

When the source comes out, will it be posted online like Google posts the images for the Nexus devices? I ask because I'm just looking for as Pure an ICS experience as I can get.
I don't even have the Note yet, but I flashed my Galaxy Nexus to AOSP ICS tonight and I'm a bit eager to dive into Android experimenting and maybe eventually cooking up a ROM myself.

Thanks.

Last edited:

armyboy11b

Feb 10, 2012
new orleans
Dude thuer all beta or alpha we have no source codes to make a rc ics rom yet but its coming don't worry and most ics roms out right now are very stable and very nice don't be afraid lol go buy a note and Ice it out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts