Rooting KitKat 4.4 I9505XXUFNA5 ??

Search This thread

boss-619

Feb 15, 2013
Hello,

I just have upgrading my i9505 to 4.4.2 I9505XXUFNA5 KitKat.

I tried to root my 9505 after upgrade with CF-root "jfltexx", but after i got PASS on Odin, i opened SuperSU and i got message "There is no SU binary installed and SuperSU cannot install it. this is a problem!!"

How to solve this problem? Is there any upgrade to CF-root jfltexx?

Repulsa

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 3, 2010
Your Mom's crib
Hello,

I just have upgrading my i9505 to 4.4.2 I9505XXUFNA5 KitKat.

I tried to root my 9505 after upgrade with CF-root "jfltexx", but after i got PASS on Odin, i opened SuperSU and i got message "There is no SU binary installed and SuperSU cannot install it. this is a problem!!"

How to solve this problem? Is there any upgrade to CF-root jfltexx?

Remember after flashing Root/custom your warranty is now void.

Flash a Custom recovery iE: Philz ,CWM, TWRP and download a Su-Binary and put it in your sdcard ,and boot into recovery mode. and flash SuperSU Binary .Done :)

boss-619

Feb 15, 2013

Flash a Custom recovery iE: Philz ,CWM, TWRP and download a Su-Binary and put it in your sdcard ,and boot into recovery mode. and flash SuperSU Binary .Done :)

I know, i don't care about warranty!
and Why should i flash a custom rom and flash SuperSU???

I already flash CF-Root via Odin and it doesn't work!!!!

Repulsa

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 3, 2010
Your Mom's crib
I know, i don't care about warranty!
and Why should i flash a custom rom and flash SuperSU???

I already flash CF-Root via Odin and it doesn't work!!!!

Yea i dont care either.. Im here to help you. and i said flash a Custom recovery not a ROM :silly:. that file is a su binary that your missing either you reflash CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505.zip and to see if its gonna get fix or not..if your problem still persist i hope someone can help you. Have a nice day :)

Last edited:

boss-619

Feb 15, 2013

Yea i dont care either.. Im here to help you. and i said flash a Custom recovery not a ROM :silly:. that file is a su binary that your missing either you reflash CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505.zip and to see if its gonna get fix or not..if your problem still persist i hope someone can help you. Have a nice day :)

I tried to reflash the CF-Root again, and it doesn't work??!
Maybe jfltexx doesn't support 4.4.2 android KitKat!

boss-619

Feb 15, 2013
you must to flash the super su update zip for the new 4.4.2 Roms my friend ;)

If you have installed the CF autoroot you must to flash philz Revovery or CWM

and then flash this zip Link

I also did that, and seems that is rooted, but when i go to ES file explorer to open root directory, it says it's empty!!!!

I cannot view root directory or open it???!!! :confused: something is missing in CF Root "jfltexx"

Irwenzhao

Nov 23, 2013
Singapore

I also did that, and seems that is rooted, but when i go to ES file explorer to open root directory, it says it's empty!!!!

I cannot view root directory or open it???!!! :confused: something is missing in CF Root "jfltexx"

Download this and flash it through CWM (or any custom recovery you're using) After that, update the app from the play store. (And update the binary if requested to.)

Smack that Thanks button if I helped!
KitKat came in on my OmniROM, running on my Note 2.
Sent from a small country called Singapore.
P.S. Time for school, not much time for XDA :(