[STOCK][O] H850 30a OPEN EU ROM Flashable ZIPs + KDZ (Android 8.0 "Oreo")

Search This thread

DavidFlint

Jul 9, 2015
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Stock Firmware H850 V30a "Oreo" OPEN EU ROM

KDZ-File: H85030a_00_OPEN_EU_OP_0910.kdz (MD5)
Flashable ZIP Complete: LG-H85030a-Flashable.COMPLETE.zip (MD5)
Flashable ZIP Boot: LG-H85030a-Flashable.Boot.zip (MD5)
Flashable ZIP Bootloader: LG-H85030a-Flashable.Bootloader.zip (MD5)
Flashable ZIP Modem: LG-H85030a-Flashable.Modem.zip (MD5)

Android 8.0.0
Patch level: 1 September 2018
Baseband: MPSS.TH.2.0.c1.4-00070-M8996FAAAANAZM-1.163432.2a.168009.1
Kernel: 3.18.71
Build: OPR1.170623.032
Software version: V30a-EUR-XX

Changes:
- Android Oreo

Instructions:
Upgrade from Android 7 and root using TWRP and Magisk
  1. Do backups! Expect to lose your apps and settings!
  2. Get the required imgages:
    • H85030a_00_OPEN_EU_OP_0910.kdz from above --> store it on your HDD.
    • twrp-3.2.3-2-h850.img --> HDD
    • Magisk 17.1 ZIP file. Copy it to your G5's SD card.
    • the LG-H85030a-Flashable.COMPLETE.zip from above --> SD-Card.
    • Optional: You can additionally download the MD5 file which is being used by TWRP to verify the ZIP file (simply place it in the same folder like the ZIP).
  3. As a safety measure, I'd clean upgrade with the stock KDZ first using LG UP. This will replace also recovery to stock. If successful, you can continue.
  4. Unlock the bootloader (if not already unlocked) as described here with the official bootloader unlock and flash TWRP. TWRP 3.2.3-2 worked for me. Boot into TWRP as described.
  5. Optional: Do a backup in TWRP.
  6. Format Data: "Wipe" > "Format Data" > type "yes". Wipe slider wipe is not enough!
  7. Go back until you see the TWRP main screen. Then Reboot into Recovery. Don't start into System!
  8. Flash / Install the LG-H85030a-Flashable.COMPLETE.zip and Magisk-v17.1.zip without reboot inbetween.
  9. Reboot to System
  10. enjoy!

To build the ZIPs I used parts of autoprime's previous files. Thx again!

Disclaimer: This is not an official post by LG to update the firmware! Don't blame me if you destroy your phone. If you use these files and instructions you do it at your own risk!

Last edited:

xlxcrossing

Dec 6, 2009
Soquel, CA
I've had it with these stock firmware files and images, I'm waiting until a debloated stable custom rom hits. The KDZ hung on boot even after factory resetting and this stock rom wipes twrp every time I reboot causing me to endlessly reflash twrp.

karma0321

Ok, just for information (and it may be useful to others with the same scenario):

I'm on lineage Oreo, with magisk and twrp 3.2.3.2, can I flash the COMPLETE zip => then twrp => then magisk and get the rom installed keeping twrp and root? I can't access any Windows machine (only Mac) to flash the kdz file, would it work as well if i flash all that stuff in twrp?

Thanks!

DavidFlint

Jul 9, 2015
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Is the Oreo firmware backward compatible with Nougat?
What do you mean? Downgrading back to Nougat? Honestly I never tried this.

I've had it with these stock firmware files and images, I'm waiting until a debloated stable custom rom hits. The KDZ hung on boot even after factory resetting and this stock rom wipes twrp every time I reboot causing me to endlessly reflash twrp.
The first boot after KDZ installation took 5-10 minutes on my device while showing the LG symbol and flashing LED... But it continued. The firmware appears stable on my device. TWRP runs persistent.

DavidFlint

Jul 9, 2015
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I'm on lineage Oreo, with magisk and twrp 3.2.3.2, can I flash the COMPLETE zip => then twrp => then magisk and get the rom installed keeping twrp and root? I can't access any Windows machine (only Mac) to flash the kdz file, would it work as well if i flash all that stuff in twrp?
Thanks!
I'd give a try but don't blame me if it is not working. Flashing the KDZ was a safety measure to me as I was not entirely sure if flashing COMPLETE alone is enough. But you are already running an Oreo OS, so I'd try it. As long as you have access to TWRP or Bootloader you can flash your working Lineage image and TWRP. However, flashing TWRP after COMPLETE makes no sense in my eyes as COMPLETE does not contain stock recovery.

urine

Jul 2, 2011
Shouldn't. I tested it and there is no Vodafone app on my device. Where did you see this? Are you Vodafone customer?

i also see 2 vodafone apps and some french thing "jeau" or something similar that keeps asking for permissions.

im on EE, but the previous firmware was non branded.

everything seems to be working smoothly

Oevi

Dec 20, 2010
Flashed today, have been running it for about 5 hours...

Gotta say I'm in love, and btw, no bloatware apps nothing. Just clean stock LG Oreo. Beautiful.

I flashed yesterday coming from Lineage OS 15, wiped System, Data and Caches, installed Rom and Magisk. It works.

But I do have the bloatware from LG like Facebook App and a lot of others, that I can not entirely uninstall.
And my phone keeps presenting me a software update, that I would only see, when I agree in using my personal data for...
Btw. no Vodafone App. Why do we have these different experiences? What's going on?

Kye2000

Aug 17, 2014
Wolverhampton
I flashed yesterday coming from Lineage OS 15, wiped System, Data and Caches, installed Rom and Magisk. It works.

But I do have the bloatware from LG like Facebook App and a lot of others, that I can not entirely uninstall.
And my phone keeps presenting me a software update, that I would only see, when I agree in using my personal data for...
Btw. no Vodafone App. Why do we have these different experiences? What's going on?
Use system app remover

Reactions: Oevi

Xa55r

Oct 5, 2018
Flashed Oreo on two LG G5
One got no bloatware and one came with Vodafone and Orange app

The one without bloatware has the Software Version: V30a-EUR-XX
and the one with bloatware has the Software Version: V30a-214-07
I used the same files for flashing

But the bad thing is on both phones the light doesn't work?!
Someone with the same issue?

---------- Post added at 01:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 AM ----------

Why does it come with the Vodafone app?

You don't have software version: V30a-EUR-XX right?
Works the light for you?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Stock Firmware H850 V30a "Oreo" OPEN EU ROM

KDZ-File: H85030a_00_OPEN_EU_OP_0910.kdz (MD5)
    Flashable ZIP Complete: LG-H85030a-Flashable.COMPLETE.zip (MD5)
    Flashable ZIP Boot: LG-H85030a-Flashable.Boot.zip (MD5)
    Flashable ZIP Bootloader: LG-H85030a-Flashable.Bootloader.zip (MD5)
    Flashable ZIP Modem: LG-H85030a-Flashable.Modem.zip (MD5)

Android 8.0.0
    Patch level: 1 September 2018
    Baseband: MPSS.TH.2.0.c1.4-00070-M8996FAAAANAZM-1.163432.2a.168009.1
    Kernel: 3.18.71
    Build: OPR1.170623.032
    Software version: V30a-EUR-XX

Changes:
    - Android Oreo

Instructions:
    Upgrade from Android 7 and root using TWRP and Magisk
    1. Do backups! Expect to lose your apps and settings!
    2. Get the required imgages:
      • H85030a_00_OPEN_EU_OP_0910.kdz from above --> store it on your HDD.
      • twrp-3.2.3-2-h850.img --> HDD
      • Magisk 17.1 ZIP file. Copy it to your G5's SD card.
      • the LG-H85030a-Flashable.COMPLETE.zip from above --> SD-Card.
      • Optional: You can additionally download the MD5 file which is being used by TWRP to verify the ZIP file (simply place it in the same folder like the ZIP).
    3. As a safety measure, I'd clean upgrade with the stock KDZ first using LG UP. This will replace also recovery to stock. If successful, you can continue.
    4. Unlock the bootloader (if not already unlocked) as described here with the official bootloader unlock and flash TWRP. TWRP 3.2.3-2 worked for me. Boot into TWRP as described.
    5. Optional: Do a backup in TWRP.
    6. Format Data: "Wipe" > "Format Data" > type "yes". Wipe slider wipe is not enough!
    7. Go back until you see the TWRP main screen. Then Reboot into Recovery. Don't start into System!
    8. Flash / Install the LG-H85030a-Flashable.COMPLETE.zip and Magisk-v17.1.zip without reboot inbetween.
    9. Reboot to System
    10. enjoy!

To build the ZIPs I used parts of autoprime's previous files. Thx again!

Disclaimer: This is not an official post by LG to update the firmware! Don't blame me if you destroy your phone. If you use these files and instructions you do it at your own risk!
    V30f flashable zip

I made a flashable zip from the v30f kdz. It is the full ROM so it will work for a dirt flash from v30a as well as for a clean install.
    I've uploaded it to Mega:
    Download LG-H85030f-Flashable.COMPLETE.zip
    SHA1 checksum: C8D80CA80282AADA16A5CF4E54EA76F1B9185046

Thanks to DavidFlint for the base zip file and thanks to asialove2013 for posting the kdz file here .
    30A boot.img "modded"

- disabled forcencrypt (format data via twrp if you have enabled encryption)
    - disabled drm-verity
    - insecure boot.img
    - (selinux for deodex)

Flash via twrp (install image)
    root via supersu
    I want to leave some Feedback, maybe it will help others:

I have a H850 (Germany) with LOS Oreo installed.
    1. I booted into recovery and manually wiped everything except external SD.
    2. Reboot to Recovery.
    3. Flash complete zip and Magisk 17.2
    4. Reboot to system (took 1-2 minutes).

I did not need to flash the KDZ first and I did not end up with any bloatware/unwanted apps. TWRP was still there after I completed the flashing procedure.

I followed this as well.Flashed the latest TWRP.
    Booted to Recovery and wiped everything except SD.
    Reboot to Recovery and flashed comeplete zip and Magisk AND MK2000 kernel.
    Reboot to system and everything worked.
    Flash works, torch works and fingerprints work.
    No bloat apps and all is working great!
    Thank you!
    P.S. I came from Fulmics 5.5 and did not flash KDZ
    Yes magisk is the reason. In other thrad they say "change kernel to MK2000 is the solution".