[STOPPED] [GT-S7500] Galaxy ACE Plus - Custom Kernel (Stable) + OC Kernel

Search This thread
B

blackburner

Disclaimer:
I don't take any responsibility if your phone explodes, your girl/boyfriend breaks up with you or any other stuff.
Do not flash on anything else than an GT-S7500! No L model or W model, else you get a shiny brick.
Don't forget your warranty will get void if you flash this trough odin. (Unless someone figures out a way to reset the custom binary counter)

So flash AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Based on official Samsung Sources. Governors copied from freexperia github. Other changes by me.

Features:
- unsecured
- smartassV2
- SavagedZen (beware: in sleep mode cpu speed is capped at 480Mhz)
- noop sheduler by default
- minimium frequency set at 122Mhz
- enabled 19Mhz and 61Mhz frequencies (use setcpu or similar)

Tested with S7500XXLC2/S7500OXXLC1/S7500XXLC2. Flash with odin.

OC Build:
- Overclock frequencies seem to have the same performance but OC is indeed working, thanks to mb-14!
(Confirmed after many tests quadrant/setcpu/neocore cpu frequency is the same from minimal overclock to 1200Mhz)
- My phone as crashed 3 since I've overclocked it, so beware!
- Unless there is a better way of ocing, my newer builds will have oc disabled.

OC build v2 (31 May, 22h):
- Removed all overclock frequencies but 1200Mhz.

Bugs affecting all builds (even official ones):
- "Fuel gauge" might be bugged (maybe due to old/bugged samsung sources?) update:might be an rom bug instead.
- 3 pole headphones have noise in one channel and then the noise disappears (jack sensing bug?)

Sources Help & feedback are appreciated.

EDIT:
New kernel posted minimal changes again (samsung config updated from a new version LE1)

If you don't want an yellow triangle at boot flash my custom rom and then flash the kernel using the terminal.
1-Extract the tar.md5 file
2-Copy the boot.img to the sdcard
3-Use the terminal (or adb) as root to cd to the sdcard folder
4-Then type this "dd if=boot.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p8"
If you want to flash a custom recovery it works too, type "dd if=recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p12"

Then you can flash whatever rom you want as long you don't use odin to flash an custom kernel or recovery you can keep your warranty intact (if you never flashed any custom kernel/recovery that is).
Keep in mind that this doesn't clear the counter only makes the triangle go away.

Custom recovery based on cm9 (5.5.0.4) posted (appears to work fine but more testing is required). Bootloop fixed. If you get stuck in recovery (unknown boot mode) go to "advanced" and choose "reboot recovery" when it is finished rebooting into cwm again choose "reboot system now".

DEVELOPMENT IS STOPPED. I no longer have the ace plus.

Last edited:

deadwood01

Dec 17, 2010
Bhadravathi
successfully flashed on my S7500DDLD1...only thing i noticed is after the flashing is complete phone doesnt boot normally but stays in download mode so i manually rebooted and i have ur kernel on my phone...take ur time and improvise it (startup scripts ,CM/MIUI support) , ALL THE BEST...

Attachments

• SC20120526-223746.png
    SC20120526-223746.png
    24.9 KB · Views: 2,484
B

blackburner

successfully flashed on my S7500DDLD1...only thing i noticed is after the flashing is complete phone doesnt boot normally but stays in download mode so i manually rebooted and i have ur kernel on my phone...take ur time and improvise it (startup scripts ,CM/MIUI support) , ALL THE BEST...

Odd mine rebooted and worked fine on first attempt. I've only messed with one script so far. I'm still thinking what I should add to the kernel.
I'm trying to build aosp but so far no luck.

Wot's the benefit to flash custom kernel??.... Anyway gud step move ahead in making custom rom also for ace plus

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2

So far it's to have new governors and a new sheduler.

deadwood01

Dec 17, 2010
Bhadravathi
BUG :
1 . When on savagedzen gov unlocking the phone from sleep is delayed/laggy also if u r listening to music and the lock the screen then the music starts lagging tried increasing the min freq still the same , may be something like a deep sleep or sod bug..

Reactions: techton77
B

blackburner

BUG :
1 . When on savagedzen gov unlocking the phone from sleep is delayed/laggy also if u r listening to music and the lock the screen then the music starts lagging tried increasing the min freq still the same , may be something like a deep sleep or sod bug..

I'm trying to reproduce the bug, but since my phone is still charging I can't seem to get the music lagging. What music app and music format are you using?

B

blackburner

Stock music player , mp3 format...
Even while charging the bug exists...

Strange I can't seem to make it lag on savagedzen. The UI feels slower but music isn't lagging. Do you have any sound effect enabled?

Edit: I've got lag when using the EQ and waking the phone.

Edit 2: I've uploaded a hopefully fixed version, let's also hope that the changes that I made won't screw up the battery life.

Last edited:

deadwood01

Dec 17, 2010
Bhadravathi
flashed test kernel 3
the same bug exists wen used with EQ but the intensity of the bug is only 20% compared to the previous one also increasing the min freq to 480 completely nullifies the bug...also with EQ off the bug doesnt exist
will see how the battery life is... btw have u played with the drivers/bus to change the battery life...?

B

blackburner

I can't get any lag at all now (after v3). Can you give my all your parameters? EQ settings, mp3 bitrate, where is your music stored and if using an sd card what type of sd card are you using.

I've set the minimum at 19Mhz and on air plane mode and by morning I still had the same battery than yesterday (89%).

The only thing that I changed was the cpu frequency table to include 800 Mhz at the same voltage than 600 Mhz and so far it seems ok, but might not be true to all phones.

B

blackburner

Can anybody help me with the cpu frequencies? I've cracked part of it but I don't know what to change since if OC to 1200Mhz I only get 600 Mhz performance:rolleyes:

I've attached the table I'm using (xls since ods xda upload gave me the finger lol)

Last edited:

mb-14

Nov 21, 2010
Pune
Can anybody help me with the cpu frequencies? I've cracked part of it but I don't know what to change since if OC to 1200Mhz I only get 600 Mhz performance:rolleyes:

I've attached the table I'm using (xls since ods xda upload gave me the finger lol)

Check my fork of your kernel on my github.I have got OC working.

P.S: Could you update your repo to the latest kernel source from samsung?My net speed is very sucky :p

Last edited:
B

blackburner

Check my fork of your kernel on my github.I have got OC working.

P.S: Could you update your repo to the latest kernel source from samsung?My net speed is very sucky :p

I don't see any new kernel versions on the Samsung open source release center.. I'm still going to test oc did you change anything else than the CPU frequency table?

Edit: Overlclock is working! Thanks to mb-14!

Anyway it looks like the cpu when on OC is always working at the same frequency, since by overclocking it to 1017 I get an 150 ms reduction on setcpu native bench. And it remains the same for all the other frequencies.

For what I've understanded of PLL and CPU clocks looks like the cpu is running at 1200 MHz. (In the frequency table you can claim any frequency but it doesn't mean the cpu is running at that speed)

Edit: With OC my phone crashes after a while (ram dump mode)

Edit 2: Neocore doesn't seem to care too about the cpu frequency I set above the stock 1008Mhz. From 1017Mhz to 1200Mhz the score is always the same (85,6Fps)

Last edited:

heXXer321

Aug 1, 2010
Hello,
i have flash your kernel and its running very good!

Galaxy S7500
2.3.6 (S7500XXLA3)

Antutu 3596
Quadrant 2458
Neocore 85,4fps (1018mhz-1200mhz)

with OC 1,2GHZ and Performace mode
thanks!
I wait for the next version :)

Last edited:
B

blackburner

Hello,
i have flash your kernel and its running very good!

Galaxy S7500
2.3.6 (S7500XXLA3)

Antutu 3596
Quadrant 2458
Neocore 85,4fps (1018mhz-1200mhz)

with OC 1,2GHZ and Performace mode
thanks!
I wait for the next version :)

So you found no difference between overclocked frequencies too?

heXXer321

Aug 1, 2010
Unfortunately, no difference....
im upgrading the kernel... :)

my wish:
can you try to integrate the BLN mod?
I found a manual but I have to search again...
thanks

Edit: with new test_stable kernel (1008mhz) 84,3fps neocore
before with 1018mhz it was at 85,4fps

Last edited:
B

blackburner

Unfortunately, no difference....
im upgrading the kernel... :)

my wish:
can you try to integrate the BLN mod?
I found a manual but I have to search again...
thanks

Edit: with new test_stable kernel (1008mhz) 84,3fps neocore
before with 1018mhz it was at 85,4fps

the bln mod sounds useful I will check it out!
Edit: flash the new oc version :p

heXXer321

Aug 1, 2010
Yesss!It is very useful!!:)
neocore says 85,5fps :)

Edit: The statistic from nofrills cpu control shows that cpu step 61mhz not is in use.my min frequenz is 19mhz.
sorry for my bad english im german ;-)
who finds fault, may keep them ;-)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You get the yellow triangle when you flag something using Odin. It can be a Rom or kernel that you may flash to get the sweet yellow triangle.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
    BUG :
    The Final version of FIRST EVER CUSTOM ROM of ACE PLUS is out now

ALACRITOUS V2 XDA REDIRECT