A system update is available

Search This thread

doublecheese

Jul 4, 2007
www.sunsetmetal.com
Hi guys

I have the Sensation and the Flyer so these days I was too busy trying to S-OFF them and to gain perm root. (no luck yet) During this time my Incredible S was turned off this means I have been away from my Incredible S for a month now.

Today I turned my Incredible S on and I saw that there is a new System update :

A SYSTEM UPDATE IS AVAILABLE
SYSTEM UPGRADE 2.30.405.1 (30.17MB)

My Incredible S has been S-OFF`ed since April by XTC CLIP and I have been on the stock Rom due to some errors on the customs roms like ( no harware backlight etc.)

My question is if I apply this update will I loose my S-OFF ?
Secondly If I loose S-OFF will XTC CLIP bring my S-OFF again ?

Thanks

DC

faf

Jan 31, 2005
I got that this morning.... but then it vanished when i checked again

baste07

Jun 22, 2009
Manila
i think if you're s-off already you won't lose it. and you have the xtc clip anyways, worse comes to worst you can use it again.

i read that if you upgrade to this versoin on stock and try alpharevx, you won't be able to s-off it

vontdeux

Mar 29, 2011
Saujana Putra
i dont "think", i am 100% sure you will not lose your s-off :D
why? cuz i have tested every possible way to s-on again my phone..including OTA...

ehsan76

Apr 8, 2009
Islamabad
You will lose your S-off only when you overwrite bootloader.

I s-off my phone using AlphaRev but wanted to test a few things in full stock so installed my stock GB RUU to S-on my phone again.

After that I S-off again.
It will not s-on unless you run an RUU and overwrite bootloader. Even if you get it s-on accidentaly there its possible to s-off from any state :) So you shouldn't have any problem installing this OTA. This OTA doesn't have a bootloader (I assume you already on GB :) ). Froyo to GB OTA had a new bootloader in it.

Let me know if you face any problem s-offing and I'll assist you.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using XDA App

Last edited:

tpbklake

Aug 1, 2007
You will lose your S-off only when you overwrite bootloader.

I s-off my phone using AlphaRev but wanted to test a few things in full stock so installed my stock GB RUU to S-on my phone again.

After that I S-off again.
It will not s-on unless you run an RUU and overwrite bootloader. Even if you get it s-on accidentaly there its possible to s-off from any state :) So you shouldn't have any problem installing this OTA. This OTA doesn't have a bootloader (I assume you already on GB :) ). Froyo to GB OTA had a new bootloader in it.

Let me know if you face any problem s-offing and I'll assist you.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using XDA App

The OP has a XTC Clipped IncS that is S-OFF. This is not dependent on a patched HBOOT like AlphaRevX is; this is Radio S-OFF and will not be affected, even by running a RUU.

tpbklake

Aug 1, 2007
Ok I did the update but ,

I am getting an error installing the update 2.30.405.1

My current software is 2.12.405.7

Here is the video of the error .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc8DPq6XlkA

Any ideas why ?

In order to install the OTA, you need to replace ClockworkMod recovery with the recovery.img file from the 2.12.405.7 ROM.zip.

Maybe I might have installed another region RUU in April, but can't remember now.

I tried this last night and actually got a progress bar and it got about 1/3 of the way and then I got a red triangle with a !. I know that the radio I have installed is newer than the one in the 2.12.405.7 ROM.zip, so that may be my problem. Anyway, I'm going to pass on the OTA and just go ahead and flash the 2.30 ROM.zip using ClockworkMod instead.

ehsan76

Apr 8, 2009
Islamabad
The OP has a XTC Clipped IncS that is S-OFF. This is not dependent on a patched HBOOT like AlphaRevX is; this is Radio S-OFF and will not be affected, even by running a RUU.

Ok I did the update but ,

I am getting an error installing the update 2.30.405.1

My current software is 2.12.405.7

Here is the video of the error .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc8DPq6XlkA

Any ideas why ?

Maybe I might have installed another region RUU in April, but can't remember now.

@tpbklake: Sorry I don't have any idea how XTC chip works as I bought Incredible S after a software s-off method had been confirmed :)

@doublecheese: Download the WWE_2.30.405.1 RUU from this link and try running it directly from your PC or use this guide to install it from boot-loader. Don't forget to take a Nandroid backup before upgrade :)
You wont need GoldCard in your case as you have WWE Incredible S and you are installing a WWE Rom on it :)

Hope this will help :)

Ehsan

ramis7

Jan 9, 2009
Zürich
yesterday i did updates into new version, nothing special, only my phone performance bit faster. and battery performance is same for me. but i think updates are always worthwhile.

jkolner

Sep 8, 2009
Aalborg
Im S-OFF with a XTC-Clip and is running stock 2.12.405.7 ROM.
Can anybody confirm 100% that i don't loos S-OFF if i upgrade to 2.30.405.1?
Im a bit nervous becaus i don't have access to a XTC-Clips any more.

tpbklake

Aug 1, 2007

I took the 2.30.405.1 RUU and extracted the ROM.zip and then made a rooted ROM using the HTC Android Kitchen and flashed that on my clipped Inc S, so now I'm running GB 2.30.405.7 and still S-OFF. You can always go that route if you don't want to risk running the stock RUU.

doublecheese

Jul 4, 2007
www.sunsetmetal.com

I own my own XTC CLIP and a S-OFF Incredible S , I can confirm that you will NOT loose S-OFF after the OTA . How I know ? Because I did the risk and apply the OTA myself ... But S-OFF remains there solid as rock !!!!

But you will loose your root and then you have to do what EHSAN76 suggested to me....... :) This is how I get my IS rooted again.

HERE IS THE LINK TO THAT THREAD

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I own my own XTC CLIP and a S-OFF Incredible S , I can confirm that you will NOT loose S-OFF after the OTA . How I know ? Because I did the risk and apply the OTA myself ... But S-OFF remains there solid as rock !!!!

But you will loose your root and then you have to do what EHSAN76 suggested to me....... :) This is how I get my IS rooted again.

HERE IS THE LINK TO THAT THREAD