[Q] Samsung galaxy s3 i747M unroot on 4.3

Search This thread

killer0123

Jul 3, 2012
Hi, im new on XDA but have quite a lot experience whit phone.
I tryed to root my samsaung galaxy s3 from Rogers (same as att) i747M whit CF-Auto root (im on android 4.3 jellybean).
I did it my phone is still working. I didnt flash a new recovery or anything.
Now i woudlike to remove root finally.
*the counter of the new Knox is set now to 0X1 but personnally i dont really mind.
The problem is that i woudlike to remove the root. I dont whant to downgrade i like 4.3 jellybean. (Anyway Att s3 cant be downgraded it will result to a soft brick)
I dont know how to remove the root and i woudlike to learn how to do it on my Samsung galaxy s3.
Thanks

(i was wondering about if i download the 4.3 stock Rom and i flash it will odin will it brick even if its on the same bootloader? because thats not downgrading...)
Thank you in advance for helping me out fast! :)

Nico de Pontiac

Nov 26, 2014
Hi, im new on XDA but have quite a lot experience whit phone.
I tryed to root my samsaung galaxy s3 from Rogers (same as att) i747M whit CF-Auto root ( su in the app itself4.3 jellybean).
I did it my phone is still working. I didnt flash a new recovery or anything.
Now i woudlike to remove root finally.
*the counter of the new Knox is set now to 0X1 but personnally i dont really mind.
The problem is that i woudlike to remove the root. I dont whant to downgrade i like 4.3 jellybean. (Anyway Att s3 cant be downgraded it will result to a soft brick)
I dont know how to remove the root and i woudlike to learn how to do it on my Samsung galaxy s3.
Thanks

(i was wondering about if i download the 4.3 stock Rom and i flash it will odin will it brick even if its on the same bootloader? because thats not downgrading...)
Thank you in advance for helping me out fast! :)

Im having the same problem. Cant downgrade to any version. Can't unroot phone, I have yhe the s3 i747 also on 4.3. Im kind.of.sad nobody has.replied to this. I tried unrooting removing.supersu via inapp permanent unroot option, then using rootbrowser to delete su files from system/bin and system/xbin. ( there wasnt any), root checker said my phone didny have root access.all I wanna do is upgrade to thr newest version lol then root that. Why does it.habe ti be so hard?

dawgdoc

Nov 27, 2013
Im having the same problem. Cant downgrade to any version. Can't unroot phone, I have yhe the s3 i747 also on 4.3. Im kind.of.sad nobody has.replied to this. I tried unrooting removing.supersu via inapp permanent unroot option, then using rootbrowser to delete su files from system/bin and system/xbin. ( there wasnt any), root checker said my phone didny have root access.all I wanna do is upgrade to thr newest version lol then root that. Why does it.habe ti be so hard?

This will get you to the 4.4.2 stock update: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2789917
It depends on you having a custom recovery. It does provide a way to go back to the stock recovery once you are updated. I believe the same devolper has also posted the most recent update to NJ1 in a separate thread.

Nico de Pontiac

Nov 26, 2014
wifi not working now, and didnt update.

This will get you to the 4.4.2 stock update: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2789917
It depends on you having a custom recovery. It does provide a way to go back to the stock recovery once you are updated. I believe the same devolper has also posted the most recent update to NJ1 in a separate thread.

it let me flash from mjb or whatever to the ne4. all that did was **** up my wifi. switch it to on and it just goes right back off. plus the files for the stock recoveries were spam.

dawgdoc

Nov 27, 2013
it let me flash from mjb or whatever to the ne4. all that did was **** up my wifi. switch it to on and it just goes right back off. plus the files for the stock recoveries were spam.

Check that your bootloader and modem/baseband are matching in version number, this seems to be important in some of the newer kernels. If they do not match, flash the modem to correspond to the bootloader. If they are matching you may want to reinstall the modem on the off chance that it flashed incorrectly the first time.

Since you didn't mention any issues with calling or data I take it that the correct APNs are installed.

I don't understand why you call the stock recovery files spam. The link at 4. leads directly to the androidfilehost page to download the file. The other is an attachment to directly download the file from xda. To each his own.