Just got my replacement phone and....

Search This thread

Slicktune

May 7, 2010
It unfortunatly came with knox... now what if i dont care to trip knox... will having knox effect the way i glash roms... or can i even flash roms? [Ive searched everywhere for my answer and all i get is mixed answers...] some say i cant flash with knox... others are talking in threads like they tripped knox and flashing roms... HELP PLEASE...:confused: thanks in advanceee! ;)
btw from all the reading i ha e done it seems that a "Tripped knox counter" only affects the ppl sending it thru repair and not warrenty... please if someone can shed light on this... again... thanks in advance!;)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Slicktune

May 7, 2010
Thanks but what about warranty rejecting the phone because of Knox or is it only for repair by the way I'm in New Jersey

Skipjacks

Nov 1, 2011
Baltimore
Thanks but what about warranty rejecting the phone because of Knox or is it only for repair by the way I'm in New Jersey

Your warrenty (The phone no longer powers on, send me a new one) is voided by tripping Knox.

Your insurance (The $9 a month you may or may not pay for damage or loss) is not voided.

Please search next time. There are literally 30 threads asking this exact question. Searching avoids filling up the forum with repeated questions, which makes finding unique questions more difficult.

Reactions: Slicktune

Slicktune

May 7, 2010
Knox doesn't prevent you from rooting or flashing ROM.

☞ Sent from here ☜

Opps but ive updated to tmobile stock 4.4.2... does this mean i cant root? :( ive searched everywhere for the answer but it seems like ppl just started updating....

Last edited:

spyke1999

Apr 29, 2012
Chicago
Your warrenty (The phone no longer powers on, send me a new one) is voided by tripping Knox.

Your insurance (The $9 a month you may or may not pay for damage or loss) is not voided.

Please search next time. There are literally 30 threads asking this exact question. Searching avoids filling up the forum with repeated questions, which makes finding unique questions more difficult.
The warranty is not voided if you void Knox I did and I was running custom u sent mine in after it broke and they sent me a new one because it was still under warranty

Skipjacks

Nov 1, 2011
Baltimore
The warranty is not voided if you void Knox I did and I was running custom u sent mine in after it broke and they sent me a new one because it was still under warranty

Let me rephrase that...

Tripping knox is SUPPOSED to void your warrenty. Many people are finding that Samsung/T Mobile aren't properly checking the Knox status with a warrenty claim and are honoring the warrenties anyway. But it's not a guarentee.

spyke1999

Apr 29, 2012
Chicago
Let me rephrase that...

Tripping knox is SUPPOSED to void your warrenty. Many people are finding that Samsung/T Mobile aren't properly checking the Knox status with a warrenty claim and are honoring the warrenties anyway. But it's not a guarentee.
I hear that tmobile doesn't care much seems it's more of a Samsung thing

Skipjacks

Nov 1, 2011
Baltimore
I hear that tmobile doesn't care much seems it's more of a Samsung thing

T Mobile is going to care once Samsung stops saying Knox tripped phones back from T Mobile. Remember, it's not T Mobile that is repairing the borken devices are reselling them as refurbished. Samsung is still doing that. T Mobile just asks as a middle man in that process. The warrenty is still Samsung's. And when Samsung tells T Mobile they won't accept any more knox tripped phones, T Mobile is going to start checking more closely.

That said, the warrenty is still invalid per the user agreement with Knox tripped. T Mobile could decide tomorrow or 6 months from now to start checking. If they do they are well within the law to deny a warrenty claim on a knox tripped phone. Just because they are ignoring it now doesn't mean they have to.

Last edited:

TheArtiszan

Jun 12, 2009
As of right now no.
There will need to be a new modified tar image or other loop whole to get root.

egren58

Jul 19, 2011
I have a friend that manages tmobile. He said that mobile CANNOT refuse an issured costumer. Because there is signed documents before Knox was even in the picture... If someone tries to refuse it. Tell them to show you some type of paper work that you have signed that says so. Or ask them to pull up your original. Contract/ or the insurance rules from day one.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

Skipjacks

Nov 1, 2011
Baltimore
I have a friend that manages tmobile. He said that mobile CANNOT refuse an issured costumer. Because there is signed documents before Knox was even in the picture... If someone tries to refuse it. Tell them to show you some type of paper work that you have signed that says so. Or ask them to pull up your original. Contract/ or the insurance rules from day one.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

And if that doesn't work, you can call the Insurance Commission in your state. Every state has one. They regulate ALL insurance matters.

The T Mobile insurance is just a normal property and casualty policy. Insurance commissions do not play around and they have absolute authority in a state to force an insurance company to pay a claim if you can prove they have no valid reason to deny it.

I am a licensed insurance rep in several states and I have dealt with insurance commissions all over the country. So I am absolutely positive about this. Every state has a process to dispute a denial for any policy, no matter how small.

All that said, I doubt you would ever have to fake it that far. Especially since the policy covers loss as much as damage. If they did deny the claim, just lose it and file the claim as a loss.

Now the warrenty is a whole different animal that is covered very differently. All different rules and hardly any governmental protections.

Sent from your phone. You should be more careful where you leave that thing.

Top Liked Posts