News from tmobile tech

Search This thread

lennie

Aug 5, 2007
New york City here and getting some real SLOOOOWWW speeds I can't take it. I thought it was the radio I was using so I changed radio...got worse speeds, changed back

Scartaris12

Feb 21, 2012
Been stuck on edge for almost 4 days in southwest riverside county CA. Tmobile rep says they're working on towers and should be resolved in 72 hours. Getting between 50-100 kpbs down.

jghidalgo307

Jun 20, 2011
New york City here and getting some real SLOOOOWWW speeds I can't take it. I thought it was the radio I was using so I changed radio...got worse speeds, changed back

Madness you speak off. Im averaging 25down 2.5up in new york city. I never played with my radios maybe thats why

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361601199771.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361601199771.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 269

crazy talk

Jun 17, 2009
The right conditions put that 1000mph car down hill itll hit 120

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

the chipset in the Note II isn't a car.

The chipset is called a HSPA+42 setup because that's it's limit. it doesn't matter if you have the phone sitting ontop of the tower with all the spectrum T-mo owns flowing through it. It simply cannot happen.

even under perfect conditions I can't image a Note II even hitting 42mbps, i would be surprised to see one hitting anything above 35mbps to be honest.

GN2Rabbit

Dec 19, 2012
There is some good news though. Right now tmobile has the policy of if it breaks upgrade it. So if you live in an edge only area or you drop to edge from a former 4g area and your tower breaks you'll possibly get 4g or at least hspa (spectrum and bandwidth permitting) as well as a refarm. So for those of you with broken towers or getting bad speeds call it in. If a certain amount of people report it they send a tech to the cell site and swap out hardware.

Along this same line if you're area is slated for LTE and your tower breaks you get the LTE hardware at the cell site ahead of time.

Sent from my SGH-T889

guardm

Jan 4, 2008
NorthEastern US
I was on the phone with "tier 2" rep yesterday who stated to me that LTE is being rolled out and GN2 is LTE ready. However, she couldn't verify if an OTA update would be required. She did say that network disruptions should be expected due to the roll-out.

Just my 2 cents

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's some news. Talked to a tech today for awhile resolving an account issue. During our conversation I asked about deployment plans. Here is the top five things they said they're doing:
    1. Rolling out LTE upgrades to current 4g towers. Which may cause temporary service loss of data.
    2. Upgrading all towers along the interstate system in their current footprint to hspa and to LTE in larger cities with 4g already deployed.
    3. LTE will roll out in large cities with 4g first that have completed upgrades.
    4. Metropcs lte towers may be given greenlight for us to roam on until the switchover (which is contrary to previous statements)
    5. Acquire more 1900mhz and AWS spectrum for more buildouts of hspa and LTE.

They're also looking at possibly doing unlimited data with tether soon. But no word on pricing or availability.

Sent from my SGH-T889
    Hope something happens soon. I'm kinda hating the slow speed I'm getting lately.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2