[HOW TO] Fix GPS Lock issue with Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Update for Motorola Atrix 2

Search This thread

isaumya

Jan 19, 2013
Kolkata
Hello Guys,
I know many people here are wondering that how to fix the GPS issue after upgrading to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 I have been searching for a long time now and last week I found a proper fix for this problem at last :cowboy:

The GPS problems people are facing after upgrading to 4.1.2 JB are :

1. GPS taking a long long time to show my location

2. Maximum time it shows that unable to find my location

3. Even if I use Gps Fix or GPS Fix Delux application, I have to do the fix everytime I turn on my GPS, reboot my phone, if I'm not using GPS more that 1.5 - 2 hours

It's Really Annoying . . . Thats Why I came up with a brilliant solution of this which whill need fix for 1 time only. You will never have to fix your GPS again. :) ;)

The Steps for One Time fixing the GPS issue:

1. Download this Application from play store : GPS Status - Test & Fix

2. Go under open sky

3. Open the application.

4. If you see that your Latitude and Longitude are not Showing, then your GPS is not working.

5. For that case, 1st tap on the "Reset GPS"

6. Then Tap on the "Get Xtra Data"

7. This will take 5-10 mins of time to completing the fix. But make sure you are under open sky and You are Connected to Internet. To get the Xtra Data, the application will need Internet connection.

8. After a while when you will see that the application is showing your Latitude and Longitude, you will understand that your GPS has been fixed. You will never have to run this app ever again. From now on your GPS will get auto locked to your position.

Enjoy ;)

*** NO ROOT REQUIRED ***

Screenshots:

Qzryz7C.jpg

fvvkaPH.jpg

BDYTZig.png

iZV9LK9.png

Qb7D22h.jpg

If this thread helped you, dont forget to hit the thanks button ;) :good:

Last edited:

RAD7

May 19, 2012
This 'Xtra data' thing is in "GPS Aids' as well. But it does not stick forever. Are you saying now after using the tool you mentioned, anytime you are outdoors just opening say for example Navigation or Maps you get a direct gps lock within a minute or so without making use of additional gpsfix apps ever?

Can you post your gpsconf file here after you have used this app?

Last edited:

isaumya

Jan 19, 2013
Kolkata
This 'Xtra data' thing is in "GPS Aids' as well. But it does not stick forever. Are you saying now after using the tool you mentioned, anytime you are outdoors just opening say for example Navigation or Maps you get a direct gps lock within a minute or so without making use of additional gpsfix apps ever?

Yes brother it worked for me even if I do reboot my phone or turn on my gps after long time keeping it in off state, it just auto lock my position. Yes sometime tough it takes a little time, but I never have to do gps fix again. Also as you requested I'm attaching my gps.conf file here.

You can get it from here: https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D1732447_087_30755727

P.S.: It took almost 1 minute and 29 seconds to lock my position.

Sent from my ME865 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

shubham412302

Apr 29, 2012
Yes brother it worked for me even if I do reboot my phone or turn on my gps after long time keeping it in off state, it just auto lock my position. Yes sometime tough it takes a little time, but I never have to do gps fix again. Also as you requested I'm attaching my gps.conf file here.

I used root tweaker and m getting it fixed

Sent from my ME865 using xda premium

RAD7

May 19, 2012
Ok I used this tool today and I tested it randomly through the day before I came to commenting and I second your post that indeed this thing has been the best so far of all tools I used for the gps fix. The reason I had asked for your gpsconf file was to see values this tool wrote & yours is the global ntp pool, I have mine manually edited as the India ntp server. On second use it did refuse to lock but thereon the results have been nearly instantaneous :good:

isaumya

Jan 19, 2013
Kolkata
Ok I used this tool today and I tested it randomly through the day before I came to commenting and I second your post that indeed this thing has been the best so far of all tools I used for the gps fix. The reason I had asked for your gpsconf file was to see values this tool wrote & yours is the global ntp pool, I have mine manually edited as the India ntp server. On second use it did refuse to lock but thereon the results have been nearly instantaneous :good:

Really happy to know that it worked for you brother, sometimes it take 2 minutes to lock the gps. Don't worry just wait it will be automatically locked :)

mgh0621

Apr 4, 2013
Point Pleasant Boro
Thank you worked for me too! I recently purchased GT-H9500 (S4 clone) I'm pretty sure I checked the gps when I got it a week ago and it worked. I rooted a few days ago and it did not work.

The app took about 15-20 minutes. it was interesting watching it, first it was 0/0 then 0/1 then 0/2 etc, finaly the screen populated with similar data above.

the magnetic field is "not available" for some reason

isaumya

Jan 19, 2013
Kolkata
Thank you worked for me too! I recently purchased GT-H9500 (S4 clone) I'm pretty sure I checked the gps when I got it a week ago and it worked. I rooted a few days ago and it did not work.

The app took about 15-20 minutes. it was interesting watching it, first it was 0/0 then 0/1 then 0/2 etc, finaly the screen populated with similar data above.

I'm really glad to know that it works for you. Please don't forget to give a thanks a reputation.

Sent from my ME865 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Reactions: mgh0621

din_jig

Sep 19, 2013
Hi,

I have tried "GPS Status - Test & Fix" in my LG Optimus L5 II Dual E455 phone and it didnt fix the issue. I got the phone 2 weeks back and only first time the navigation worked. I think i did an update software for LG the first time and I think it stopped working after that. I had tried the "GPS Status - Test & Fix" several times,also restarted and reset the phone couple of times. it hasnt fixed yet.

Any other suggestions would really help.

Thanks in advance.

An Update:

Now my GPS is working. What i had tried is i went to LG Customer Support and they swaped my Sim 1 and Sim 2 as my Sim 1 was earlier in roaming. Then they enabled my Data Connectivity instead of wifi and were able to get the position in the google maps. But my GPS application "navfree" and "GPS Status-Test & Fix" were still not able to fix the Satellites.

So, i came out disappointed. Then i travelled with my Data Connectivity enabled and used "Google Apps" for navigation for one whole day. Then i tried the "GPS Status - Test & Fix" and few other GPS fix apps and they all started getting the satellite fixed. Now, i disabled and tried the GPS app "navfree" for past few days without Data Connectivity and its working.

So in Summary to have it work :

1. Swapped the Sim's
2. Enabled Data Connectivity in the non-roaming SIM
3. Use Google Navigation for a day with it
4. Run "GPS Status -Test & Fix" in open sky and reset old data and get new GPS Data.
5. GPS satellite got fixed
6. Turned off Data Connectivity
7. Tried NavFree app.
8. working for past few days without issue and without data connectivity.

Hope that helps for other users.Also, thanks to "isaumya" for providing the initial solution.

Last edited:

spunkylm

Nov 23, 2010
Cannock
Hi,

I have tried "GPS Status - Test & Fix" in my LG Optimus L5 II Dual E455 phone and it didnt fix the issue. I got the phone 2 weeks back and only first time the navigation worked. I think i did an update software for LG the first time and I think it stopped working after that. I had tried the "GPS Status - Test & Fix" several times,also restarted and reset the phone couple of times. it hasnt fixed yet.

Any other suggestions would really help.

Thanks in advance.

Interesting I find this post today as I am in roughly the same boat, except I have owned the phone for a couple of months now and was beginning to think it was related to a software update. I may try restoring an earlier version and seeing if that fixes it.

RAD7

May 19, 2012
Interesting I find this post today as I am in roughly the same boat, except I have owned the phone for a couple of months now and was beginning to think it was related to a software update. I may try restoring an earlier version and seeing if that fixes it.

Can only speak for Motorola Atrix 2 & the one & only final fix for the damned gps lock issue is by a user called 'ghittone', that is the only one that works & nothing else, period!!

borba72

Nov 11, 2012
Hey, the "Get Xtra Data" for me works really fast, not even close to 5-10min you said. How do I know it's working?

ash_test

Mar 7, 2017
I didnt work for me

Hi,

I did what you said. after sometime it shows the screen you have shared, however whenever I start that app again or even try to navigate using google map problem remains as it is

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Guys,
    I know many people here are wondering that how to fix the GPS issue after upgrading to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 I have been searching for a long time now and last week I found a proper fix for this problem at last :cowboy:

The GPS problems people are facing after upgrading to 4.1.2 JB are :

1. GPS taking a long long time to show my location

2. Maximum time it shows that unable to find my location

3. Even if I use Gps Fix or GPS Fix Delux application, I have to do the fix everytime I turn on my GPS, reboot my phone, if I'm not using GPS more that 1.5 - 2 hours

It's Really Annoying . . . Thats Why I came up with a brilliant solution of this which whill need fix for 1 time only. You will never have to fix your GPS again. :) ;)

The Steps for One Time fixing the GPS issue:

1. Download this Application from play store : GPS Status - Test & Fix

2. Go under open sky

3. Open the application.

4. If you see that your Latitude and Longitude are not Showing, then your GPS is not working.

5. For that case, 1st tap on the "Reset GPS"

6. Then Tap on the "Get Xtra Data"

7. This will take 5-10 mins of time to completing the fix. But make sure you are under open sky and You are Connected to Internet. To get the Xtra Data, the application will need Internet connection.

8. After a while when you will see that the application is showing your Latitude and Longitude, you will understand that your GPS has been fixed. You will never have to run this app ever again. From now on your GPS will get auto locked to your position.

Enjoy ;)

*** NO ROOT REQUIRED ***

Screenshots:

Qzryz7C.jpg

fvvkaPH.jpg

BDYTZig.png

iZV9LK9.png

Qb7D22h.jpg

If this thread helped you, dont forget to hit the thanks button ;) :good:

Worked perfectly, bro. Thanks for the solution. I must say JB 4.1.2 absolutely rocks! :)

I'm really glad to know that it works for you. Please don't forget to give a thanks a reputation.