Is there a ROM >4.1.1 without Sense which doesn't have multitasking issues?

Search This thread

trashbytes

Oct 15, 2010
plus.google.com
Hey guys!

EDIT: Before someone gets me wrong: I am not ungrateful and I certainly do have respect for our developers! We have talented developers and I love their ROMs. That's why I use them. My described problem just seems to get overlooked.

As I mentioned before, my android usage relies heavily on multitasking. I always do several things simultaneously, or switch fast between them.
I am fairly new to the Sensation (switched from the Motorola Atrix 4G). I got my Sensation from my brother. Firmware 3.33 and CM9.
The first thing I did was flashing the Kit Kat ROM by @Sultanxda which is awesome, don't get me wrong, but multitasking is obviously broken. On all ROMs I tried except the Sense ROMs by Team Venom which feature a kernel by @SebastianFM.
Unfortunately I hate Sense, so they are not an option!

Let me explain what the problem is:

I like reading news articles or playing games while (!) listening to music or audio books or something.
So I start my music player. Awesome beats. Start reading news articles in Feedly when suddenly the player just stops and disappears from the statusbar. Obviously killed by the LMK.
Same thing happens with mini games like for example Dragon and Sword.
On my Atrix I had three services running. Always. Alongside the apps I actually used like music player and Feedly. They never got killed: Smart Status Bar, Battery Bar and Wave Launcher. I could count on all three apps. On my Sensation it takes probably 30 seconds for every service to get killed and disappear forever.
Happens always on all tested AOSP ROMSs, whereas on @ivicask's Sense 5 ROM for example everything is fine.

Why is that?

Is there a ROM without Sense and without multitasking issues?

I already copied the LMK Values from stock ROM but doesn't change anything. Tried different revisions of sultan kernel. No difference.
Currently I'm running MIUI v5 from @Mark376 which I absolutely love, but the multitasking problems annoy the hell out of me!

the.cybot

Last edited:

Mile_zdr

Sep 19, 2013
Bitola
Hey guys!

As I mentioned before, my android usage relies heavily on multitasking. I always do several things simultaneously, or switch fast between them.
I am fairly new to the Sensation (switched from the Motorola Atrix 4G). I got my Sensation from my brother. Firmware 3.33 and CM9.
The first thing I did was flashing the Kit Kat ROM by @Sultanxda which is awesome, don't get me wrong, but multitasking is obviously broken. On all ROMs I tried except the Sense ROMs by Team Venom which feature a kernel by @SebastianFM.

I like reading news articles or playing games while (!) listening to music or audio books or something.
So I start my music player. Awesome beats. Start reading news articles in Feedly when suddenly the player just stops and disappears from the statusbar. Obviously killed by the LMK.
On my Atrix I had three services running. Always. They never got killed: Smart Status Bar, Battery Bar and Wave Launcher. I could count on all three apps. On my Sensation it takes probably 30 seconds for every service to get killed and disappear forever.
Happens always on all tested AOSP ROMSs, whereas on @ivicask's Sense 5 ROM for example everything is fine.

Why is that?

I already copied the LMK Values from stock ROM but doesn't change anything. Tried different revisions of sultan kernel. No difference.
Currently I'm running MIUI v5 from @Mark376 which I absolutely love, but the multitasking problems annoy the hell out of me!

the.cybot

why don't you flash vipers5 and desense it if you don't love sense roms

nlooooo

Oct 29, 2011
Nis
Hey guys!

EDIT: Before someone gets me wrong: I am not ungrateful and I certainly do have respect for our developers! We have talented developers and I love their ROMs. That's why I use them. My described problem just seems to get overlooked.

On my Atrix I had three services running. Always. Alongside the apps I actually used like music player and Feedly. They never got killed: Smart Status Bar, Battery Bar and Wave Launcher. I could count on all three apps. On my Sensation it takes probably 30 seconds for every service to get killed and disappear forever.

Why is that?

the.cybot

Do you need it to wash you clothes and make you a dinner, also?

Reactions: Mile_zdr

trashbytes

Oct 15, 2010
plus.google.com

No, kid. I just want it to work how it is supposed to. This is not an iPhone. Multitasking shouldn't be an issue.
I'm just asking if there is a ROM whithout Sense and without these issues.
Your comment is unneccessarry. You shouldn't reply just because you think it is fun to spam. I am not the only Sensation user with these issues.

nlooooo

Oct 29, 2011
Nis
No, kid. I just want it to work how it is supposed to. This is not an iPhone. Multitasking shouldn't be an issue.
I'm just asking if there is a ROM whithout Sense and without these issues.
Your comment is unneccessarry. You shouldn't reply just because you think it is fun to spam. I am not the only Sensation user with these issues.

Spam is something else, this is just a breeze of common sense.

nlooooo

Oct 29, 2011
Nis
You know what else is a breeze of common sense? The expectancy of the ability to listen to music while doing something different than simply staring on album art or a launcher. This is a several hundreds dollar smartphone running Android, it's not a Sony Walkman.

I'm having that with no problem, but with Sense rom. If you hate Sense you should buy a different phone.

trashbytes

Oct 15, 2010
plus.google.com
I'm having that with no problem, but with Sense rom. If you hate Sense you should buy a different phone.

You are right: Sense ROMs do work properly. And I will switch phones if there is no other way, but first I will do everything I can to fix this one as long as I don't have to use Sense (or any other OEM framework besides MIUI). This is more efficient than the possibility of wasting money. Common sense as well ;)

And that's why I'm asking for advice. For real advice. Jelly Bean ROMs are all called stable. None mentions multitasking as an issue. Maybe it's a user error, maybe not. I tend to think it's not, because other users have the same issues and my usage of AOSP ROMs doesn't differ from that of a Sense ROM.

Last edited:

nlooooo

Oct 29, 2011
Nis
You are right: Sense ROMs do work properly. And I will switch phones if there is no other way, but first I will do everything I can to fix this one as long as I don't have to use Sense (or any other OEM framework besides MIUI). This is more efficient than the possibility of wasting money. Common sense as well ;)

And that's why I'm asking for advice. For real advice. Jelly Bean ROMs are all called stable. None mentions multitasking as an issue. Maybe it's a user error, maybe not. I tend to think it's not, because other users have the same issues and my usage of AOSP ROMs doesn't differ from that of a Sense ROM.

You can try with Multiswap
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2409495

My phone works more than well using it.

Reactions: trashbytes

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys!

Why is that?

the.cybot

You can try with Multiswap
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2409495

My phone works more than well using it.