NEW ROM!!! Dragonstorm 23139 - eXpo/IQ - Restored MS Voice Command

Search This thread

h078

Nov 18, 2007
No access to engineering menu

Just flashed the rom yesterday and when trying to access eng. menu nothin happens...?
Any input...?
Thanks

GuySparkz

Apr 10, 2008
Is there a cab for the LG Keyboard or alternate like a "half qwerty"?

Last edited:

tisoyboy2

Jul 18, 2007
LG Expo Dragonstorm ROMs

Receiving an expo on friday. Would like to install Dragonstorm ROM but would like to know if the projector will still work after flashing? And does the phone need to still be unlocked for T-Mobile if it is flashed?

otivaeey

Oct 2, 2007
I still have persistent problems mentioned, please help!!!!

I had posted my problems before, and thus flashed a new rom, hard-reset and only 2 problems left are persistent:
1) jammed briefly for 20 seconds when exiting Message, 40% of the time
2) Can't received calls properly, opponent's voice scrambled, so i have to recall the person.

I have installed the following softwares:
Ce-star
MS VB Runtime for PPC
Lexisgoo dictionary
Noni GPSplot
Resco Audio recorder
TCPMP
OpnMarket
Opera Mobile 10
SPB wireless monitor
File explorer extension
youtube
google maps
adobe reader for PPC 2.0

Tedious!!!

josefcrist

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 5, 2008
Logan, UT
www.acetylated.com
I had posted my problems before, and thus flashed a new rom, hard-reset and only 2 problems left are persistent:
1) jammed briefly for 20 seconds when exiting Message, 40% of the time
2) Can't received calls properly, opponent's voice scrambled, so i have to recall the person.

I have installed the following softwares:
Ce-star
MS VB Runtime for PPC
Lexisgoo dictionary
Noni GPSplot
Resco Audio recorder
TCPMP
OpnMarket
Opera Mobile 10
SPB wireless monitor
File explorer extension
youtube
google maps
adobe reader for PPC 2.0

Tedious!!!
Did you take out your sim card when you flashed?

Dark9781

Apr 21, 2009
I know there have been problems with accessing the engineering menu in the roms with the Fathom dialer. I've solved that problem. It should also solve the problem mentioned about the unlock sim menu as well. Attached is a cab for the eXpo and a cab for the IQ. Any future rom releases will have this fix.

NOTE: The cabs also remove assisted dialing and restores the speed dial setup menu.

K

katradar

Wow!

Dark...I must say, this is by far the best rom I have ever flashed. I recently bought an Expo after having a Tilt forever. I am sooooo glad I did! Even with the "stock" rom, it was way better than the Tilt.

I was a little nervous at first. Flashing this was quite different than flashing the HTC phones I have had in the past. But, I took the plunge. It was actually easier than flashing HTC phones. Not as many steps.

I am even more impressed by my new toy! Your rom flat flies!!!:cool: I think I have finally found a phone I can be completely satisfied with, thanks to you!

I have never done the donation thing...but I am gonna try to send you one. Enjoy a drink on me!

akumrazor

May 13, 2008
bluetooth send file dont work

Hi,

im try to beam a photo by bluetooth but the phone dont find any device to send, this using the 23139 expo.

the files of dragonstorm 23568 are deleted.

what are the diferences betwen 23568 and 23139?

Regards

Electriphead

Dec 3, 2010
Dragonstorm Roms

I've been reading threads here and in another forum and am really interrested in trying a new rom. I personally have always used the LGIdles on my expo because I liked the layout and customization of it. And I like a "clean desktop". I can't stand to have my picture blocked out by a ton of huge icons or writing. My questions right now are:

Which of the roms is most stable and less buggy than the other versions?

If I was to flash to one of these, would I still be able to use all the same apps that I use now that are WinMo compatible (ie. Wonder Radio, Tiger Woods, Office 2010)?

Will any of them make my phone faster and/or use less battery?

And lastly, Will I still have the app switching ability and the Task Mgr (both of which I can't live without!)?

Thanks for any input on these matters. I'm soooo mad that AT&T and LG left this phone for dead and didn't ever really fix the issues it has, even with the only update they ever gave us. I expected sooo much more given it's hardware and capability! The only thing keeping me with it is the fact that AT&T still has not put a phone with more and better features in their line-up. Even the new LG Quantum is barely compareable.

josefcrist

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 5, 2008
Logan, UT
www.acetylated.com
I've been reading threads here and in another forum and am really interrested in trying a new rom. I personally have always used the LGIdles on my expo because I liked the layout and customization of it. And I like a "clean desktop". I can't stand to have my picture blocked out by a ton of huge icons or writing. My questions right now are:

Which of the roms is most stable and less buggy than the other versions?

If I was to flash to one of these, would I still be able to use all the same apps that I use now that are WinMo compatible (ie. Wonder Radio, Tiger Woods, Office 2010)?

Will any of them make my phone faster and/or use less battery?

And lastly, Will I still have the app switching ability and the Task Mgr (both of which I can't live without!)?

Thanks for any input on these matters. I'm soooo mad that AT&T and LG left this phone for dead and didn't ever really fix the issues it has, even with the only update they ever gave us. I expected sooo much more given it's hardware and capability! The only thing keeping me with it is the fact that AT&T still has not put a phone with more and better features in their line-up. Even the new LG Quantum is barely compareable.

All of your programs will work, the task manager is the same.

Electriphead

Dec 3, 2010
All of your programs will work, the task manager is the same.
Thanks josefscrist, but I'm still unclear of the differences in the roms. Obviously some are previous versions of the up-to-date "final" roms, but some are numbered completely different. As I don't really want to try them all because of time; If someone could please give a brief explaination or overview of the different roms, I'd really appreciate it.

@Dark: Thanks for putting so much time and effort into giving us options! :)

Well, I figured out what i needed to know as far as the roms are concerned. Now I have another BIG problem. I can't flash any of the roms. Not even the v10 rom. I'm using XP and following the directions to the letter as I did the first time around. The problem is that even after an install of the drivers and a reboot, it still says that it doesn't recognize the device! I can't go further if I don't have that connection. All is as it should be on the phone and so on, but the pc will not see the phone. I'm not a true ammeture as this is not my first time modding something, but this time around, I'm stumped. I reinstalled Active Sync and the drivers in this package as well as the ones in the v10 rom install, all fresh and after a reboot. And any combination in between... Nothing is working. But, my phone is still working like it always did because nothing will even start to try and flash. I know that was alot to say, but I wanted to make sure that whoever read it understands that I tried all the basics and then some. Now... Can someone make any suggestions, PLEASE? I really wanna try out this rom.

Last edited:

Sandmonkee

Dec 3, 2010
Want to flash

Hi Guys,

Since this is my first post, I should probably introduce myself - My name is Mike, I am living in Canada, and I just recently got my IQ (yesterday in fact). Telus is now offering this thing for free on a 1year contract, which I couldn't resist.

Anyways, after spending the last few days reading these forums, as well as the last day playing with my phone, I am firmly of the belief that the stock ROM is shyte - too much bloatware and too many things disabled. So I'm pretty eager to flash the thing using Dark's dragonstorm rom.

Before I do so though, can someone just confirm for me that the latest version (and the one I should install) is the one numbered 23139? From the first page of this post, I can see a long list of possible ROM's, including several that are numbered higher than 23139 (like say, 23568).

Intuitively, I always expect that the latest and greatest version of any software is the one with the highest number, but I'm not so sure in this case. Can someone please confirm for me that the version I should be installing on my phone is 23139?

Thanks very much! (and my apologies for the noobie questions)
Mike

PS I LOVE that there is this active and obviously talented community around this phone - thanks in advance to everyone for all their hard work on this stuff!

Sandmonkee

Dec 3, 2010
Awesome

Well, the installation went fine and the phone definitely seems a lot more responsive now, not to mention far more finger friendly (is it really that hard for LG or M$ to just make the buttons just a little bit bigger???). I also noticed a lot more free space on the device memory versus the stock ROM (~220MB free vs ~170MB). Coupled with Leo's speed thingy and SPB shell, I feel like I'm holding a Star Trek Tricorder rather than a telephone!

Anyways Dark, fantastic job - its obvious you did a lot of work on this, and I hope the donation I sent you will help keep you motivated to continue in the future. I know its not much, but hopefully its at least enough that I can say I bought you a beer!

Off to play with my tricorder! XD
Mike

Top Liked Posts