1,472 posts
Thanks Meter: 474

By BThomas22x, Retired Recognized Developer on 26th December 2010, 07:13 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th December 2010, 06:13 AM |#111  
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 196

More
Who gives a fcuk? (Yeah, my spelling is bad.) Can't you guys pick something else to argue about? Sure it's debateable whether it does anything for EVO 4G phones. Let the Devs sort it out. The OP brought an interesting concept to the mix. Expend your energy and intellect somewhere else. I'll give you one...

How long does it take a wooden-legged lizard to kick all the seeds out of a watermellon pickle?

28th December 2010, 07:38 AM |#112  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Scottdale
Thanks Meter: 474

Donate to Me
More
I just realized that you guys are right ...that is for the data cards... but not to worry, this does no harm, and i am removing 7 Throttle files... so either way, you can do it or you don't have to... make your own decisions
28th December 2010, 08:01 AM |#113  
Winter Garden
Thanks Meter: 82

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThomas22x

I just realized that you guys are right ...that is for the data cards... but not to worry, this does no harm, and i am removing 7 Throttle files... so either way, you can do it or you don't have to... make your own decisions

Hey thanks bro you work is appreciated keep it up I still believe there is a 4G throttle and as soon as I get home I'm flashing this

Sent from my EVO at the edge of hell
28th December 2010, 08:03 AM |#114  
H-Town, TX
Thanks Meter: 372

More
I did the manual edits and all is well. Running Mik's 4.1 Re-enginered ROM. Thanks for the guide. It was cool to actually be able to recompile something and it not cause bootloops. :)
28th December 2010, 08:54 AM |#115  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 4,554

More
Wow, out of this whole thread maybe two people knew to wipe the dalvik cache. lol

To the OP Thanks for the post and the smali code, I've been using apktool and it sucks when it can't decompile all the files correctly. My only question is this, has anyone actually looked at the code to see if/how this is implemented?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App
28th December 2010, 10:52 AM |#116  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Raleigh
Thanks Meter: 3,088

More
People keep pushing this without any proof that it does anything at all. I just dont get it, esp when the link HERE clearly states that "SO FAR, THIS HAS ONLY BEEN KNOWN TO WORK ON T-MOBILE USA AND CANADA BELL... ALL OTHER CARRIERS SEEM TO HAVE THESE FILES JUST BECAUSE IT'S A STANDARD IN ANDROID 2.2.1 AND SEEM TO BE CONTROLLED COMPLETELY OTA UNLIKE TMOBILE AND BELL..."
28th December 2010, 06:08 PM |#117  
Flag Nolensville, Tennessee
Thanks Meter: 186

More
I flashed the zip file w/out wiping anything, got into a continuous boot loop.....had to pull the battery, boot into recovery and reflash the rom.
29th December 2010, 02:03 AM |#118  
Flag Rome, Georgia
Thanks Meter: 239

More
5g is for data cards.

Sent from my iPhone with the bigger Gee Bees.
29th December 2010, 05:35 PM |#119  
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Sorry to be a pain but could you make one for ava z1?

29th December 2010, 08:46 PM |#120  
Thanks Meter: 492

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabear1

Tried it Constant reboot loop with Fresh 3.5 NO GOOD

Reread the first post and use the alternate method. Or if you're lazy just replace your services.jar with the attached file... unzip and rename appropriately. It's in /system/framework/ . Must be done from recovery - you will have to mount the /system partition.

Out here (chicago) I didn't have much of a throttling issue before. Depending on time of day, 3g speeds were .5-1.5 mbps down, and up to 1mbps up, while 4g was 5-10 mbps down, and 1 mbps. So really the only throttle I see/had was the 4g upload.

Suffice to say, implementing this hack did not change my 4g upload speed.. It's still stuck at ~1mbps which implies the throttle is being done on a server level, not on the phone. Although, the fresh rom did contain those 7 throttle files in the classes.dex library. In conclusion, it made no difference on the throttling for me All that work for nothing - I did learn to unpack and repack java files though ;P

ymmv

Edit: file name "works".... because it doesn't send the device into a boot loop.
The Following User Says Thank You to gpz1100 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gpz1100 Ad-Free
29th December 2010, 08:52 PM |#121  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
bootloop

bootscreen and then home screen bootloop....rom BURNT DROID

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)