[KERNEL][CM11/4.4.2] [ACCLAIM]»»Bexus-N2»»R5.1!!!

Search This thread

rete

Nov 15, 2009
Thanks so much for this kernel. Getting around 10500-11000 on Antutu. BexusN v1 got me to only around 9000.
One problem, YouTube keeps playing in the background once I close the browser. This didn't happen in BexusNv1.

That's a Ducatti crash... an unfortunate fact of life with the Nook Tablet. Go into Settings > Apps and clear data for the browser, YouTube and Gallery. Followed by a reboot. That usually does the trick for me.

sagirfahmid3

Jul 20, 2013
That's a Ducatti crash... an unfortunate fact of life with the Nook Tablet. Go into Settings > Apps and clear data for the browser, YouTube and Gallery. Followed by a reboot. That usually does the trick for me.

I actually reverted back to CM 10.1.3 because I'm after stability. I'm running that with the BexusN V4 kernel and it's working great. I don't have the annoying YouTube freeze in the background either.

Floating Point

Sep 19, 2011

So, thats why Gallery keeps freezing to me no matter what CM version I'm using... I knew the Youtube crash was caused by a Ducati crash, but didn't know android stock gallery app. uses Ducati as well. I have to use quickpic instead.

Tested bexus N2 R3 with latest chrmhoffmann cm11 nightlie and in 3 hours I had 1 ducati crash in Youtube, 1 sleep of death and 1 problem with wifi crashing after returning from deep sleep, all three situations needed a full reboot :(

Last edited:

rete

Nov 15, 2009
I actually reverted back to CM 10.1.3 because I'm after stability. I'm running that with the BexusN V4 kernel and it's working great. I don't have the annoying YouTube freeze in the background either.

Tested bexus N2 R3 with latest chrmhoffmann cm11 nightlie and in 3 hours I had 1 ducati crash in Youtube, 1 sleep of death and 1 problem with wifi crashing after returning from deep sleep, all three situations needed a full reboot :(

Me, on the other hand, am running CM11 02/24 nightly with Bexus N2 R3 kernel and it is the most stable experience I've had with my 16GB Acclaim since leaving Gingerbread. No freezes, Ducati crashes (yet - no doubt one will happen at some point), no SoD's.

Last edited:

mikeataol

Nov 21, 2013
Me, on the other hand, am running CM11 02/24 nightly with Bexus N2 R3 kernel and it is the most stable experience I've had with my 16GB Acclaim since leaving Gingerbread. No freezes, Ducati crashes (yet - no doubt one will happen at some point), no SoD's.

yeah, me too.

I'm running the CM11 nightly with demetris' 2.3 kernel, and it has been rock solid, and fastest thing ever.

now if only someone could figure out how to make internal storage look like the sdcard again, I'd call it commercially ready.

Floating Point

Sep 19, 2011

I was using 2014-03-02 build, fresh install.

I reverted back to the nightlie stock kernel and no problems so far despite the brutal battery drain in sleep if I forget to turn off wi-fi.

I'll try again and see if it's just me. My nook is the 16gb.

newbtrigger69

Aug 14, 2013
Miami

(thumbs down)(farts)(........farts again)

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

agreed and thanked

Floating Point

Sep 19, 2011
N2 R3 seems to be working fine now. The first time I tried, I flashed the kernel right after the CM11 install and proper wipping user data and caches.

Yesterday I flashed after the first boot and some apps. installed and didn't experienced any abnormality so far, just the wi-fi battery drain we always had in all CM versions and kernels.

Edit:

Actually sleep of death happens when I put the tablet to the wall charger, when I come back later to check if the tablet is charged, it won't wake up. The first time happened under the same circumstance.

Last edited:

petewr

Dec 13, 2012
N2 R3 seems to be working fine now. The first time I tried, I flashed the kernel right after the CM11 install and proper wipping user data and caches.

Yesterday I flashed after the first boot and some apps. installed and didn't experienced any abnormality so far, just the wi-fi battery drain we always had in all CM versions and kernels.

Ya know, if you remember to hit Airplane Mode in the drag-down on the right, you won't have that problem.:cyclops:

rajsris

Feb 18, 2011
San Diego
With Bexus N2 R3, I keep getting wifi crashes. Upon initial boot, the Nook seems to forget all previous wifi networks, meaning I have to manually connect again.

Then, after awhile of deep sleep, once I wake it up, it fails to connect to the existing network properly. The wifi settings screen also freezes completely, meaning a reboot is necessary.

I switched back and forth between Bexus N final and Bexus N2 R3 to confirm, and the problem only exists in N2 R3.

yonu

Mar 13, 2007
first let me say this this kernel solved alot of issues I had with cm11

Now for my issue it seems to do fine otherwise after play tribez for about 20min the nook shut down and was very hot I didn't have this issue with the stock rooted rom. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
yonu

Demetris

Recognized Developer
Aug 15, 2008
Limassol
I can clock GPU back to default 307mhz. Strangely I never had heat problems so far

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk

Reactions: oxygen427

newbtrigger69

Aug 14, 2013
Miami
This is happening for me as well. 0309 nightly.

Sent from my Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet using xda app-developers app

the nightlies for some reason arent compatible with r3. its like chris intentionally sabotaged demetris kernel support lmao. idk. if u want it to work im finding u have to install pre 01' nightlies.seems to work fine with cm11 bexus n2-r1 located on his other bexus thread.

rete

Nov 15, 2009
the nightlies for some reason arent compatible with r3. its like chris intentionally sabotaged demetris kernel support lmao. idk. if u want it to work im finding u have to install pre 01' nightlies.seems to work fine with cm11 bexus n2-r1 located on his other bexus thread.

I'm on 02/24 nightly and have zero issues in combination with this kernel. I guess it must be later nightlies causing this; think I will stay put on 02/24.

rajsris

Feb 18, 2011
San Diego

It works fine with the snapshots...currently on m4 and running very smooth.

Sent from my Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to the new Bexus-N V2 kernel aka Bexus-N2
    Hopefully will become your favourite kernel for years to come.
    As a side note i want to thank you guys for the love you show on my work here.
    This kernel is focus on making your NookTablet awesome without sacrifice on speed vs battery life.
    Hard task if you ask me.
    Till this moment nothing is used from the V1 kernel this is a brand new kernel from the updated chrmhoffmann cyanogenmod cm11 branch.
    Am going though to merge some commits i find appropriate to be in v2 as time goes by, but wont see much updates as i was working on this some days now and is already on a solid state.
    So with no further delay enjoy for the last time my hard work :p as this is going to be the one that will be using for cmxx future versions if we get one first of course :)
    Bexus-N2 Release 2 Changelog
    - GPU at 384MHz and is not so bad on battery life
    - CPU at 1.2Ghz
    - All the good stuff from Bexus-N V1 implemented
    - The bug (known as random reboot/freeze) is finally nailed by me Yeah!
    I have Sent the fix to Cyanogenmod kernel too
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/60150/
    - Gpu driver updated per V1 kernel and we are inline with our soul brothers HD/HD+ aka Hummingbird/Ovation Nooks.
    - Touch and accelerator driver updates.

Bexus-N2 R3 Recommended settings
    - Nova launcher
    - Trickster MOD ->Smartreflex Control-> Enable Calibrate High Frequency
    - CPU Governor Intelliactive or interactive or wheatley
    - CPU I/O scheduler ROW/CFQ/BFQ/DEADLINE

Bexus-N2 R5
    - Galaxy Tab2 7" Updates over [ P3110 JB update 1 + 3.0.101 upstream ]
    - GENERIC_SMP_IDLE_THREAD , ENHANCED_LMK_ROUTINE , Zcache and Zram for android
    - Update RWSEM to Linux 3.10
    - Dynamic Fsync from Faux123
    - Low Memory Killer driver update from I9300 OSRC update 13
    - ZZmove Gov updated to v0.8
    - Kernel now supports F2FS filesystem.
    - Integer Square root algorithm optimized
    - Various Hashcode's Kindle fire kernel updates.
    - I have Updated mmc core from samsung Gtab2 7" (we now support discard and double buffering of requests from and to mmc async too ;) )

Bexus-N2 R5.1
    - Compiled with Linaro 4.8.3 with Added Graphite optimizations :D
    - BFQ V7r4
    - Many more addictions, check github commits if interested.

Bexus-N2 R5.1-M12
    Updated ramdisk up2 CM-Snapshot12.

And if you want leave some feedback in this thread +/- is all welcome and appreciated.

Source code:
    https://github.com/Ntemis/android_kernel_bn_acclaim

And again if you find my work useful there is a thank you button, use it! :highfive:
    Bexus-N2 release 3 is out for your flashing pleasure.
    Are you ready to transform your nook tablet?
    Speed - check
    Features - check
    Battery life - check
    Deep sleep - check
    Antuntu benchmarks close to Snapdragon S3 - check

And again if you find my work useful there is a thank you button, use it! :highfive:
    Bexus-N2.2 out.
    Nook Tablet is now 100% bug free.
    If we don’t get emulated sd cards, i have to revert the external as default i want and need the internal one to be the default one. Any different opinion please feel free to express it.
    @Demetris, firstly thanks for your work.
    Your BexusNv1 is excellent, videos and everything work, and programs run super fast thanks to higher clocks.

Is it possible to clock this kernel to 1.3GHz like in BexusNv1? via commandline maybe?
    Also, does this kernel support mapping the internal SD as the external SD and vice versa? 12GB is going to waste in my NT because programs complain about it not having an external SD card (I partitioned my data partition to 1GB and media to 12GB).

You wont need 1.3ghz on next release ;)
    Highest benchmark on cm11 for me by far. I even saw it tick up to 16.2 fps during graphics test in AnTuTu.

Sent from my Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet using Tapatalk