FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

24/11 - Finally, an unlocked SPL for Hero!

5,277 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,358

By paulobrien, Senior Member on 24th November 2009, 04:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th November 2009, 02:54 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by modaco

I've had this unlocked Hero SPL for a while now, and it's super useful for flashing unsigned updates and cool stuff like custom splashes. Unfortunately i've not been able to distribute it... until now!

WARNING

A PROBLEM FLASHING THE SPL CAN BRICK YOUR DEVICE - as such, proceed with caution. Don't flash this unless you need it, flash at your own risk, flash only to a GSM Hero and do not interrupt the flashing process (which happens on the first reboot after applying the zip). YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

The SPL, version 1.76.2007, is in the usual update zip format.

Download: MoDaCo

Enjoy!

P

hi, modaco
can this SPL used on G2 magic 32A offical sense rom?
we can not flash rom after we update htc offical sense rom for G2 magic? do you have any idea to root or downgrade from the G2 mgic sense?
thanks
25th November 2009, 04:55 AM |#22  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagjj

hi, modaco
we can not flash rom after we update htc offical sense rom for G2 magic? do you have any idea to root or downgrade from the G2 mgic sense?
thanks

No - You can pretty much take it that anything in the hero forums, wont work on the magic!

Try the Sapphire (aka Magic) forums ... http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=480
25th November 2009, 06:59 AM |#23  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiall

No - You can pretty much take it that anything in the hero forums, wont work on the magic!

Try the Sapphire (aka Magic) forums ... http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=480

in Sapphire (aka Magic) forums , we can not find any solution for root or downgrade G2 from office sense rom.
the hardware of G2 32A and G3 Hero are almost same, may it can be used in G2 32A device.
25th November 2009, 11:29 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagjj

hi, modaco
thanks

The SPL has quite a big chance of working probably. Esp since the Sense Sapphire SPL (1.76.0007) is identical to the same version on the Hero.

Regarding rooting I'm not sure. I assume you guys have tried the asroot2 exploit? Or latest flashrec?

As you may know the offical Sense rom for sapphires changed the layout of the partitions in the NAND on the phone, thats why it uses the same SPL as the Hero (the layout is the same as the Hero after the upgrade). So downgrading to an old ROM will probably not be possible without some creative restructe of the NAND layout. But rooting should be possible.
25th November 2009, 11:53 AM |#25  

More
hi paul, thank you so much for all your great work so far!

i have only one question to anyone who can answer it...

i did the update.zip through recovery mode..
now i rebooted and it automatically returned to recovery mode saying the following on bottom screen:

Build : RA-hero-v1.3.2
Formatting CACHE:...

that is pretty much it... can i asume the SPL flashed 100% correctly? or do i have to wait for anything?

i wont do anything with my phone until i have a good answer :$ i dont want to brick it
i just have my phone for about 12 hours :P
25th November 2009, 12:10 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugia

hi paul, thank you so much for all your great work so far!

i have only one question to anyone who can answer it...

i did the update.zip through recovery mode..
now i rebooted and it automatically returned to recovery mode saying the following on bottom screen:

Build : RA-hero-v1.3.2
Formatting CACHE:...

that is pretty much it... can i asume the SPL flashed 100% correctly? or do i have to wait for anything?

i wont do anything with my phone until i have a good answer :$ i dont want to brick it
i just have my phone for about 12 hours :P

Its already done bro. just reboot the phone.
25th November 2009, 02:18 PM |#27  

More
What he ( dying ) said!!! :d:d
25th November 2009, 02:35 PM |#28  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by packetlss

The SPL has quite a big chance of working probably. Esp since the Sense Sapphire SPL (1.76.0007) is identical to the same version on the Hero.

Regarding rooting I'm not sure. I assume you guys have tried the asroot2 exploit? Or latest flashrec?

As you may know the offical Sense rom for sapphires changed the layout of the partitions in the NAND on the phone, thats why it uses the same SPL as the Hero (the layout is the same as the Hero after the upgrade). So downgrading to an old ROM will probably not be possible without some creative restructe of the NAND layout. But rooting should be possible.

hi,packetlss, thanks for your comments.
yes. I have try the latest flashrec and try downgrade the ROM v2.53.707.2 (Engineerings SPL v1.33.2010), all effort does not work.
it is ultimately frustrating experience.
can you study this SPL and help us to find a way to root our g2 magic again?
thanks
25th November 2009, 03:59 PM |#29  
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 448

More
Would this SPL work for HTC Magic official Sense???
25th November 2009, 07:27 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
i want to create my own splashscreen but i've got a question
doesn't the hero have 2 of them? one with the hero logo and one with the htc logo? how can i replace both?
25th November 2009, 07:32 PM |#31  
OP Senior Member
Flag Norwich
Thanks Meter: 7,358

More
They are seperate, they are in the ROM. The bootscreen is just the first part that appears.

P
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)