[DEV]CyanogenMod11 for HTC Butterfly(x920d)

Search This thread

kairi_zeroblade

Feb 10, 2011
This is a work in progress..no builds will be posted or shared unless with Co-devs who will work on this project..

Screenies:
b9f0ir.png

142bkwm.png

103ylhe.png

2z82a29.png

k32j3a.png

notes:
a local user volunteered to do tests on a once a week basis..this is our 2nd session already..if you users want to help out on the rapid stage of development you can send me a unit to test on..else i can just attend to this once in a while..also if you can gather more help much appreciated..it took a whole team for the DNA to get everything working..well i am just doing this alone going this far..

Any valid development related discussion can be posted here. Please no posts that aren't directly related to development (i.e. comments, thanks, etc.).

What works??
-sensors
-camera(video recording has no audio though)
-touchscreen
-audio
-internal storage
-USB
-charging
-WIFI
-Bluetooth
-LEDS(nitification and charging now works)

updated: 3-30-2014 7:11 AM PHT

What's broken??
-external storage does not mount
-no network
-no vibration
-audio input
-more to come..

credits:(not in particular order)
-crpalmer(answered most of my queries and was very helpful in pointing me out to what to do)
-jamiethemorris(tips)
-pio_masaki(device tree)
-Cyanogen(base)

link to device tree: https://github.com/zeroblade1984/android_device_htc_dlxub1

Last edited:

praveen7682

Jan 14, 2012
Chennai
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy S23
this is a work in progress..

Screenies:
b9f0ir.png

142bkwm.png

103ylhe.png

2z82a29.png

k32j3a.png

notes:
a local user volunteered to do tests on a once a week basis..this is our 2nd session already..if you users want to help out on the rapid stage of development you can send me a unit to test on..else i can just attend to this once in a while..also if you can gather more help much appreciated..it took a whole team for the DNA to get everything working..well i am just doing this alone going this far..

what works??
-sensors
-touchscreen
-audio
-internal storage
-USB
-charging
-WIFI
-Bluetooth

what's broken??
-no network
-no vibration
-LEDs
-more to come..

-crpalmer(answered most of my queries and was very helpful in pointing me out to what to do)
-jamiethemorris(tips)
-pio_masaki(device tree)
-Cyanogen(base)

Excellant work Kairi....

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: mkbi11

kairi_zeroblade

Feb 10, 2011
OP update and hopefully some kind soul would help..Team Butterfly has to be born for this..

edit: 4-4-2014
-project will now stop..i see noone is interested to get help..and noone seems to be interested to help out and fix whats left..which in my opinion is doable..

Last edited:

praveen7682

Jan 14, 2012
Chennai
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy S23
OP update and hopefully some kind soul would help..Team Butterfly has to be born for this..

-project will now stop..i see noone is interested to get help..and noone seems to be interested to help out and fix whats left..which in my opinion is doable..

This is sad...I can support by testing your Rom....Let me know if this helps...

Qfeng

Feb 11, 2014

Hi, I have a dlxu (Butterfly German, without ext-sdcard) instead of dlxub1. I hope to have a working cm rom for this device. Can we cooperate to make this rom work? I do not have experience on developing ROM, but I can test and report problems.

kairi_zeroblade

Feb 10, 2011
Hi, I have a dlxu (Butterfly German, without ext-sdcard) instead of dlxub1. I hope to have a working cm rom for this device. Can we cooperate to make this rom work? I do not have experience on developing ROM, but I can test and report problems.

the problem is i need other dev's help who has experience on building this..the device branch is something new to me since when i buy my phone i make sure it has AOSP Rom's support..this is the first time that i became the "support"..lolz..nevertheless any help will be appreciated..we did a build yesterday and still no Network signal..and still the vibration does not work and the external sd card cant be seen..

though 1 thing was evident that F2FS is applicable on the Butterfly..we just can't install apps when /data and /cache is F2FS..though significantly it is faster and better..

Qfeng

Feb 11, 2014
the problem is i need other dev's help who has experience on building this..the device branch is something new to me since when i buy my phone i make sure it has AOSP Rom's support..this is the first time that i became the "support"..lolz..nevertheless any help will be appreciated..we did a build yesterday and still no Network signal..and still the vibration does not work and the external sd card cant be seen..

though 1 thing was evident that F2FS is applicable on the Butterfly..we just can't install apps when /data and /cache is F2FS..though significantly it is faster and better..

sounds too complex to me :( . Wish you have success.

tyronthom2014

Jul 15, 2014
when will omni rom or any new roms be available for htc butterfly?

For weeks ive been searching for ways to flash the latest roms on my butterfly but it seems that all the developers has forgottwn about us, I read articles where developers have outrightly disregaurded this device. Some stated that they didnt have the device to test on.

I am willing to do whatever it takes to see some new features for this device. I can, however, thank insertcoin for giving us a taste. Please help with this dilemma.

ardimnoer

Jul 18, 2014
Hello Master-Master all here.. please be kind to me ok.

Trying to learn here.

To Kairi, I had read about you much, great jobs, and so on.

Hope there's always be a good news for all of us, butterfly user. :eek:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a work in progress..no builds will be posted or shared unless with Co-devs who will work on this project..

Screenies:
    b9f0ir.png

142bkwm.png

103ylhe.png

2z82a29.png

k32j3a.png

notes:

Any valid development related discussion can be posted here. Please no posts that aren't directly related to development (i.e. comments, thanks, etc.).

What works??
    -sensors
    -touchscreen
    -audio
    -internal storage
    -USB
    -charging
    -WIFI
    -Bluetooth
    -LEDS(nitification and charging now works)

updated: 3-30-2014 7:11 AM PHT

What's broken??
    -no network
    -no vibration
    -audio input
    -more to come..

-jamiethemorris(tips)
    -pio_masaki(device tree)
    -Cyanogen(base)

this is a work in progress..

Screenies:
    b9f0ir.png

142bkwm.png

103ylhe.png

2z82a29.png

k32j3a.png

notes:

what works??
    -sensors
    -touchscreen
    -audio
    -internal storage
    -USB
    -charging
    -WIFI
    -Bluetooth

what's broken??
    -no network
    -no vibration
    -LEDs
    -more to come..

-jamiethemorris(tips)
    -pio_masaki(device tree)
    -Cyanogen(base)

Excellant work Kairi....

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using XDA Premium 4 mobile app