[Q] YouTube App Dumping Buffer After Screen Turns Off

Search This thread

Abcdqfr

Jun 16, 2014
Edit: The issue appears to be present system wide. Any streaming video (not sure if audio streams are affected, I'll assume they are and generalize to all streams) that has been buffered will be dumped when the screen is turned off on the device.

Reproducible by buffering any video for any duration then locking/turning off the screen. The buffered video will be dumped leaving you waiting for it to buffer the same data yet again.
Any idea how to circumvent this aside from never letting the screen timeout? I'm using mobile data most of the time and it's down right infuriating when I'm constantly downloading the same data again and again running up my bill due to this issue.

Device: Verizon Galaxy Note 2 (sch-i605)
ROM: Sophisticated 3 (4.3) with included kernel
(Am I missing important details? Let me know! This is my first post here)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

Vaibhav Chauhan

Feb 17, 2014
Dahod, Gujarat
Reproducible by buffering any YouTube video for any duration then locking/turning off the screen. The buffered video will be dumped leaving you waiting for it to buffer the same data yet again.
Any idea how to circumvent this aside from never letting the screen timeout? I'm using mobile data most of the time and it's down right infuriating when I'm constantly downloading the same data again and again running up my bill due to this issue.

it is the problem in youtube app
the only solution is to increase sceen timeout
in display settings
it can maximum 30 mins

Reactions: Abcdqfr

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Reproducible by buffering any YouTube video for any duration then locking/turning off the screen. The buffered video will be dumped leaving you waiting for it to buffer the same data yet again.

it is the problem in youtube app
    the only solution is to increase sceen timeout
    in display settings
    it can maximum 30 mins