[Q] HTC One Speaker Orientation

Search This thread

tw1n2nak3s

Jul 15, 2010
so let's say i'm watching a video in landscape but i decide to rotate the phone 180 degrees during playback. the video will rotate to accommodate the new orientation but i wonder if the speakers will rotate as well.

exmaple:
an F-22 raptor flying across the screen from left to right would be mismatched with audio that's going from right to left.

anyone that's had their hands on the unit notice if this is the case or not?

Reactions: tw1n5nak35

NiCk.JaY

Nov 23, 2012
I don't think that will be a problem. Audio should align to the screen orientation

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

tw1n2nak3s

Jul 15, 2010
one would think that is indeed the case. i really really hope htc didnt overlook this detail. .. not a deal breaker but it would be annoying, not to mention how embarrassing it would be when showcasing the phone against an apple fanboy or worse, someone who'll have a sgs4. =]

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

NiCk.JaY

Nov 23, 2012
Even if it is a problem initially, I don't think it will be hard to fix with an ota

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

radiotrib

Jan 19, 2007
Den Haag
Deleted my dumb response .. ! should have read the OP .. clearly stated 180 degress not 90 ... DOH !!

Sorry .. as you were chaps ...

Bebida

Oct 17, 2011
Tested with a stereo video from YouTube. Doesn't adjust when flipped. Whoops HTC

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

WilliamG

Jun 8, 2007
I just tested it with this video and it adjusts the stereo sound.
It's not as fast as the screen though, so it's 1-2 secs delayed.

I just got my AT&T HTC One. I tested the same video and my sound does not change when rotated. :(

The bottom speaker is always the right channel, in YouTube at least, - in that sound test.

Is something wrong with my HTC One?

Last edited:

WilliamG

Jun 8, 2007
Just an FYI, and perhaps unrelated, but I got my Nexus 7 (2013 model) tonight, and it DOES properly adjust the speaker channels when you flip it, instantly. So the HTC One is just bugged in this regard. Very odd it hasn't been fixed.

incarceration

Aug 12, 2011
....when showcasing the phone against an apple fanboy or worse, someone who'll have a sgs4. =]

Or WORSE? How is a fellow Android user WORSE than an Apple Fanboi?!

Other users of other Android manufacturers aren't WORSE than Apple Fanbois. We're all in it together, they just have different taste for the same thing (Android.)

tw1n2nak3s

Jul 15, 2010
Or WORSE? How is a fellow Android user WORSE than an Apple Fanboi?!

Other users of other Android manufacturers aren't WORSE than Apple Fanbois. We're all in it together, they just have different taste for the same thing (Android.)

chill out, if the context was taken correctly you'd realize that it wasn't about fellow android users but instead about htc vs samsung. this IS a hardware discussion after all. i was pointing out that someone who had a gs4 might be able exploit this flaw in an otherwise awesome phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    so let's say i'm watching a video in landscape but i decide to rotate the phone 180 degrees during playback. the video will rotate to accommodate the new orientation but i wonder if the speakers will rotate as well.

exmaple:
    an F-22 raptor flying across the screen from left to right would be mismatched with audio that's going from right to left.

anyone that's had their hands on the unit notice if this is the case or not?
    one would think that is indeed the case. i really really hope htc didnt overlook this detail. .. not a deal breaker but it would be annoying, not to mention how embarrassing it would be when showcasing the phone against an apple fanboy or worse, someone who'll have a sgs4. =]

can someone test this out now that the phone is out in some markets?
    Tested with a stereo video from YouTube. Doesn't adjust when flipped. Whoops HTC

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

I just tested it with this video and it adjusts the stereo sound.
    It's not as fast as the screen though, so it's 1-2 secs delayed.