Nothing to see here, move along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

klquicksall

Dec 5, 2010
Texas
just i am asking if i do the steps to Root the inspire 4G with the steps of Desire HD
it will be the same or there is a deference
i mean it will work right or it will make a problem with the phone
that because i mad a fatal mistake before with my T-mobile HD2 by installing an ordinary HTC rom on it and the phone was dead
so there is a deference or it is the same steps
Thanks

ITS Different make sure if you have an inspire use the hack kit

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA Premium App

julianstar

Jul 31, 2010
Error detecting HTC phone Error??

I tried restarting my phone per another post and i still continue to get this error "Error detecting HTC phone on USB connection"
when executing the sh hackerize-ace.sh setup-downgrade command. Im using mac osx. and ive ben successfull with all other steps up until this point.

Apr 13, 2011
I tried restarting my phone per another post and i still continue to get this error "Error detecting HTC phone on USB connection"
when executing the sh hackerize-ace.sh setup-downgrade command. Im using mac osx. and ive ben successfull with all other steps up until this point.

I am having the same problem. I am in debug mode, charge only etc. and it cannot find my phone. someone please help.

buradd

Apr 9, 2011
Orange, CA
i've been having problems with hsupa - so i did the following

ruu to stock
run hack kit steps 1-4, skipping last step (5)
booted into clockwork and flashed cm7.0.0 final and gapps
flashed radio 26.06.04.14M

the hsupa is definately fixed, really high upload speeds, not .30mbps anymore
but i have one problem now, the wifi doesnt seem to be working... i try to connect and it just goes in a loop of "connecting, disconnecting, scanning, connecting, disconnecting"

anyone have any tips? greatly appreciated! thanks for the kit att1n!

Khalsa4G

Mar 24, 2011
NYC
Video Tutorial?

hey I'm a super newb coming to the world of rooting...

anyone have a video tutorial they've made for this?

I know there is one for bubbys but everyone says this is the more "recommended" way of rooting...

ok I found this...http://www.theandroidphone.com/htc-inspire-4g-root-hack-kit-104541/

but the video is outdated. Is the process still the same? When I DL the .tar it doesn't have any instructions...

Last edited:

buradd

Apr 9, 2011
Orange, CA
hey I'm a super newb coming to the world of rooting...

anyone have a video tutorial they've made for this?

I know there is one for bubbys but everyone says this is the more "recommended" way of rooting...

ok I found this...http://www.theandroidphone.com/htc-inspire-4g-root-hack-kit-104541/

but the video is outdated. Is the process still the same? When I DL the .tar it doesn't have any instructions...

its a .tar.gz

there is another .tar.gz compressed within that file, extract it to your desktop or something

that video is out dated, this is the very thread you need to be in, refer to the OP and the README_osbrand.html in the .tar.gz file that you extract

hope that helps!

buradd

Apr 9, 2011
Orange, CA
the hsupa is definately fixed, really high upload speeds, not .30mbps anymore
but i have one problem now, the wifi doesnt seem to be working... i try to connect and it just goes in a loop of "connecting, disconnecting, scanning, connecting, disconnecting"

^^^

anyone help with my wifi issue?

it worked fine until i redid the hack kit and skipped step 5 so that i could not get stuck with the bad stock att radio

bmolloy

May 3, 2010
Temecula,
I am having the same problem. I am in debug mode, charge only etc. and it cannot find my phone. someone please help.

Same problem here. I used the simple root and I have Cyanogen Mod on my phone now so I am wondering if it needs the stock ROM to see the phone.

I am trying to reroot so I can solve the HSUPA issue some are having. Is this fun or frustrating?!

H

humanelemento

Prepaid Benefits

I have an inspire 4g now that I am using as prepaid. I am able to refill minutes and subscribe to messaging package; but sadly not data. If I root my phone will I be able to use the prepaid data plans on it?

Thanks

snorkle

Dec 6, 2008
So im trying to do this, in the instructions it says to copy the number it gives and place it into the site where it makes it reverse http://hexrev.soaa.me/, how ever the site isnt working... and i tried using the App that finds it and when i tried to install it said model id incorrect.

attn1

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 18, 2010
As the CID reverser website is down, we need some easy alternatives for reversing the CID to submit to the gold card site. Windows has numerous gold card utilities available, but for those doing this in Linux or OSX, here's a simple script I wrote that extracts the CID and reverses it properly.

adb debugging on, charge mode only, usb plugged in. Copy this to a script and make it executable (chmod 755 filename) I'll update the hack kit when i get a chance.

Code:
# cid reverser 
# attn1 2011.04.13
#
cid=`adb shell cat /sys/class/mmc_host/mmc2/mmc2:*/cid`
echo Your mSDCard CID is : $cid
cid1=`echo "$cid" | awk '{ print substr($0,1,2) }'`
cid2=`echo "$cid" | awk '{ print substr($0,3,2) }'`
cid3=`echo "$cid" | awk '{ print substr($0,5,2) }'`
cid4=`echo "$cid" | awk '{ print substr($0,7,2) }'`
cid5=`echo "$cid" | awk '{ print substr($0,9,2) }'`
cid6=`echo "$cid" | awk '{ print substr($0,11,2) }'`
cid7=`echo "$cid" | awk '{ print substr($0,13,2) }'`
cid8=`echo "$cid" | awk '{ print substr($0,15,2) }'`
cid9=`echo "$cid" | awk '{ print substr($0,17,2) }'`
cid10=`echo "$cid" | awk '{ print substr($0,19,2) }'`
cid11=`echo "$cid" | awk '{ print substr($0,21,2) }'`
cid12=`echo "$cid" | awk '{ print substr($0,23,2) }'`
cid13=`echo "$cid" | awk '{ print substr($0,25,2) }'`
cid14=`echo "$cid" | awk '{ print substr($0,27,2) }'`
cid15=`echo "$cid" | awk '{ print substr($0,29,2) }'`
cid16=`echo "$cid" | awk '{ print substr($0,31,2) }'`
echo Your reversed CID is: 00$cid15$cid14$cid13$cid12$cid11$cid10$cid9$cid8$cid7$cid6$cid5$cid4$cid3$cid2$cid1
exit

snorkle

Dec 6, 2008
i keep getting this stupid model id incorrect error, ive tried 100s of methods of making the goldcard, nothing seems to be working.

attn1

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 18, 2010
i keep getting this stupid model id incorrect error, ive tried 100s of methods of making the goldcard, nothing seems to be working.

what OS are you using? That is definitely a gold card issue. Keep at it, or see me tomorrow in the irc channel in my sig. It's too late tonight - I'm done.

scottypimpin636

May 12, 2009

Had the same problem with mine last night. Tried multiple SD cards, tried it with the SD mounted in the phone and in a USB adapter. This is on Win 7 x64

I tried it on my netbook running XP 32bit and it worked the first try.... :D

I was using Bubby's GUI method for the Gold Card but i'm sure it's a similar process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I did apologize in public and stand behind my apology. I will not continue with what seems to be an scape of your frustrations on newbies taken on me. I do believe that the new ones need to read and educate themselves before even thinking about posting, so to an extent, support your cause but not your delivery.
    This will be my last post regarding this incident.
    In another note...if you are so fed up with the way things are being done here and firmly believe that they will not get better with characters like me being here, then it will be me the one urging you to really think about your future here at XDA. I strongly believe that if someone is to upset that that person needs to insult others, then it may be time to take a breather and quit talking for a bit.
    I don't know you and don't plan to even act like I can patronize you or judge you based on two post in the internet so...why don't you try the same.

Have a good day mate and the best for you, your plans and developments in the future.

Sincerely,

M_T_M
    Senior Moderator and fellow XDAer

Sent from my Xoom using xda premium

You never apologized for censoring the entirety of my post. You never apologized for you screwed up attitude. You apologized in a back handed insulting fashion for possibly hurting feelings you never hurt. Like I said, I don't care about insults; I care about being effective and in fairness, something you seem to have no concept of. Deleting posts for zero good reason in my own thread is not working for me.

Yes, I am disgusted with XDA moderation overall, but particularly you at the moment. This is a prime example of XDA moderation at work:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=29208930&postcount=10

That is screwed up about 100 different ways.

So yeah, I am done here. If a mod can allow an edit to stand calling those who donate free time in our support channel jerks (yes it was worse, but clearly that is still inflammatory), then clearly you too many of guys are missing the boat. All we've ever done is require people to do their homework and respect our rules before asking for help. With all the information out there and in our own documentation, I don't think that's too much to ask. It's too bad you'd rather just count asses in seats than act responsibly.

I'll do this from a blog - I don't care how many people it reaches. Those capable will find it.

The people that support the hack kit does do need this type of XDA Developer support.
    I'm not trying to be argumentative, just trying to be constructive. This is a discussion after all.

If even 1% of the people are having the "Nice Try" problem, and you have no idea what is causing it, then just responding with "Read the manual, it's in there" isn't exactly correct, is it? Sure, people can figure out how to get around the bad link, but is that how it should be?

I get that you want people to read the manual, but it seems that the people that are having any trouble aren't having problems with the Hack Tool's functions other than the Pass Key retrieval.

You're software performs the required function excellently (for me) and I thank you for the work that you put into it. I found that the poorly structured manual was unnecessary because the tool works so well. Is making people read it for what could be a one-click solution even necessary? Why not put the donation requests and FAQ in the tool, available only when needed?

• This is NOT a discussion thread, and I really don't give a crap what you think. The hack kit is a work in progress, and has been honed over 70,000 downloads now. A lot of experience and feedback led to what it is today, including the pass key. And YOU are not supporting it.
    • If your environment were square, you would have had no problem with the process as is.
    • Many people NEED to read the effen manual to avoid getting jammed up, and to find out what to do if they do. Drivers, installation order and contentions are critical, and this is stressed.
    • If someone does not read the effen manual, the chances they get into a situation making the phone unusable until they can sort it out is far greater.
    • The Hack Kit will NEVER be a simple one click solution. People portraying it as such are greatly over simplying. There are pre-requisites - critical ones - everyone should read about them before they attempt this.
    • We support this in IRC. Obviously, we can't support everyone - people must read and read carefully. The pass key is there to make sure people are least look at the effen manual.

mohammadsp said:
    Does anyone have a good how to video thats up-to-date and clear?thanks in advance.

No, there is not. A video can't possibly convey what you need to know to do this process properly. The OP states my feeling on the topic -

OP said:
    • Youtube videos are neat demos, but they make poor guides. READ THE EFFEN MANUAL. "There is no substitute for reading for comprehension." - GenePoole

I am locking these threads. The questions are beyond inane at this point.
    Can't downgrade. When trying to downgrade the rom I get to HBOOT but its says "Model ID incorrect! Update fail!" Am I doing something wrong?

Come into the irc channel.