[ROM][4.3.1] CyanogenMod 10.2 for GT-I8190 [2013-11-16]

Search This thread

Eskuero

Recognized Developer
Feb 15, 2012
Let me fix building of Samsung drivers in your kernel sources because reboot to recovery doesn't work.

Yep, some user reported it to me just now, btw I'm used precompiled j4fs and param modules from stock rom.
If you find what's wrong with them please give me a pull request :)

Enviado desde mi GT-I8190 usando Tapatalk 2

Benzonat0r

Sep 4, 2009
Yep, some user reported it to me just now, btw I'm used precompiled j4fs and param modules from stock rom.
If you find what's wrong with them please give me a pull request :)

They're missing altogether. :p

I'll just upload them here so you can merge them, it's easier for me that way. ;)

And here you go, they're fixed. :)

Attachments

• samsung_drivers_patch.zip
    54.6 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Eskuero

Recognized Developer
Feb 15, 2012
Oliver why not working recovey mod ?

Benz posted a source fix I'll try to apply for next build, but I suppose anyway he's going to update his custom kernel for 4.3, so then you could use it :)

BTW, now the download folder is on mediafire, for that people who had issues downloading from mega.

Benzonat0r

Sep 4, 2009
Are you sure about building those modules from source?
Last time I tried I brick my device and ended using a pit file XD

Well I can't be 100% sure but I'm fairly confident that this will work. :)

I'm just testing it on my device, I'll report back when I'm done.

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

Benz posted a source fix I'll try to apply for next build, but I suppose anyway he's going to update his custom kernel for 4.3, so then you could use it :)

BTW, now the download folder is on mediafire, for that people who had issues downloading from mega.

Reporting back as I promised, and it works like a charm, reboot to recovery, reboot to download. ;)

I've already compiled a new kernel build and I'm about to update my thread. ;)

Reactions: meduza

kanjac

Apr 18, 2012
Bar
Well I can't be 100% sure but I'm fairly confident that this will work. :)

I'm just testing it on my device, I'll report back when I'm done.

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

Reporting back as I promised, and it works like a charm, reboot to recovery, reboot to download. ;)

I've already compiled a new kernel build and I'm about to update my thread. ;)

Benz please make zip for odin because recovery not work, hvala ;)

Eskuero

Recognized Developer
Feb 15, 2012
Your one cool dev I appreciate you letting me use your source to get the Galaxy Exhibits working.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

I learn from people who ever shared his sources, opinions and fixes, so I think I should do the same with my sources, opinions and fixes. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sin+nombre.png

For your information

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is developed for the GSM 8GB version of Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini (GT-I8190), and tested when running I8190XXAMG1 baseband.

I'll only support this model since it's the only one I own, if someone wants to attempt to port this ROM to his model feel free to take my tree as base, but don't expect support from me.

I'll never recommend this rom for daily use, you'll use it at your own risk. I do this because I love to learn lots of things about Android.

Reporting Bugs

If you want to report bugs please read THIS HOWTO first. Please try to provide logs if you see errors (logcat and dmesg). If you don't know how to do that check google or ask people here to help you. Don't contact me directly.

Enabling logcat Logging (Windows HOWTO: How to logcat like a Pro!)
    adb shell dmesg
    How to use strace?

Download

You are storing very sensitive information on your phone. You always have to be careful what ROMs you flash and whom you trust. If you don't trust me then don't use my ROM or compile it from source by yourself.

You can download the ROM here.

If you are going to host my ROM somewhere else, please let me know that on this thread or over PM, so I can add the link here also :)

This ROM is not meant for daily use!

Credits

CyanogenMod Team
    Andreas Schneider
    Patrik Ryd
    Team Canjica *
    - Diego Porto
    - Federico Melano
    - Franco Rapetti
    - Pablo Lunarenko
    tecul
    Pasquale Lodise
    Marcin Chojnacki
    Maciej Maj
    As far as I know max frequency have to be fixed in kernel sources, so by pushing this release you've broken GPL license (won't mention it how you declare you're open at all).

And I cannot agree - I've fixed a lot of bugs in CM10.2.

I suppose you're in a hurry to provide a build with my fix to allow yourself to keep saying your build is:
    "Only fully working and bugfree".
    I don't like people suffering, so you shouldn't care about the patch, I'll let you be again the better, awesome and supercool main developer of S3 Mini. It's a so stupid fix that I don't care if you don't give me credits for finding it.
    I just did disabled DVFS limits on defconfig, that will fix max frequency setting.

The fix wasn't uploaded because I like to publish sources of most important fixes with once releases are out, but yesterday I hadn't that oportunity. So if you want to report to a moderator because I'm late when everybody, even you, knows the fix will be uploaded, you are bugfree to do it and that action will have fully working results.
    The same as your ROMs, what a luck! :)

Today I made an agreement with Maclaw, he's still to tell about that to Marcin, but I guess he'll agree for sure.
    We are not going to work together, we have very different ways of developing, so that could make more troubles. He's just going to make sources public, I hope soon. By my side I'll provide OmniRom 4.4 once he shares the multimedia patch.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9195 mediante Tapatalk
    Most Annoying Bugs

1 - RIL, most of people didn't have problems anymore, but some have issues (like me) and couldn't find some network operators.
    2 - Low volume from speaker on incoming calls.
    3 - Rebooting with wifi switched on will result on cpu locked at max until reboot with wifi switched off.
    4 - Is not possible to change min cpu frequency value.

Changelog

2013-11-16
    - Fix signalstrenght issue from last release.
    - Deleted SELinux support.
    - Major blob clean-up.
    - Added testing fixes for:
    - Low volumen on incoming calls. (h3llrais3r)
    - "Ramdom" reboots. (munjeni)

2013-11-09
    - Deleted conservative and userspace governors.
    - Added abyssplug governor.
    - Fixed CRT animattion (Thanks Robert!).
    - Screeshots are now performed by CPU, should be faster.
    - Clean up of spammer services and ril class.
    - Initial SELinux support (Unstable and WIP, do not report bugs with it enabled).

2013-10-31
    - Fixed reboot options (j4fs and param from source) // Thanks Benz!
    - Fixed changing max cpu clock speed, min setting still doesn't persists.
    - Support flash toogle on status bar.
    - Building power hal from source.
    - Not mounting preload anymore to speed up boot.
    - Minor clean-up of ramdisk and multimedia patch.
    - Deleted some buggy soft audio stagefright blobs from STE.

2013-10-19
    - First release.
    - Changes respect to CM10.1 (4.2.2):
    a) Fixed flash icons on camera app.
    b) Support for disabling button backlight (upstream).
    c) Enabled Bluetooth 4.0 capabilities (to be tested).
    d) Fixed ramdom reboots cause a bug on latest OMX fix implementation.
    Sorry, I said there will be an Omni 4.4 build, but 15 days looks fairly enough time for anyone to uploading patches. I would understand that during this dates people used to be busy, but uploading sources with my ugly 25 kbps connection only takes 1 hour for me, and surely Maclaw and his team have much better resources for sharing them.:silly:

I pushed the work I did over Omni 4.4 to a new branch called android-4.4 on github. I haven't builded recently but using that sources should reproduce a 4.4 build working well except camera and video playback.:cowboy:

I've enjoyed a lot developing this platform for a time, but I dislike the way it's turned now and I won't argue anymore about methods, so it's time to left this.:crying:

Good luck and sorry again :cool: