A Documentary on the Transformer Prime

225 posts
Thanks Meter: 294

By James Harrison, Senior Member on 12th February 2012, 05:54 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey guys, so this is just a little video I put together about the history of the prime!

I have a feeling that it should settle most of the flame wars. The bottom line is, although it is the best tablet out, I can't recommend it because of the "lottery" quality control asus has.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRVWjrbFwP0

Enjoy
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to James Harrison For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift James Harrison Ad-Free
12th February 2012, 06:00 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Looking forward to part2
12th February 2012, 06:07 AM |#3  
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 37

More
It's actually a very good and well done piece, IMHO.
It's good that this gets more mileage for Asus to really move its butt (not that they haven't, but they could do more).
You should have also mentioned the fact there still a lot of devices out there that exhibit none of the prevalent issues, as well as a lot of customers who are satisfied despite the issues (just to balance things a bit).

But, overall, as I've mentioned, it's a good piece.

Although it seems more than a few are wondering how Gary would feel about this Greg person you mentioned.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

12th February 2012, 06:15 AM |#4  
Flag Glendale, AZ
Thanks Meter: 115

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Harrison

Hey guys, so this is just a little video I put together about the history of the prime!

I have a feeling that it should settle most of the flame wars. The bottom line is, although it is the best tablet out, I can't recommend it because of the "lottery" quality control asus has.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRVWjrbFwP0

Enjoy

Well done, dood. i like how you touched base on all of the problems, but didnt just throw ASUS under the bus either. was quite a fair documentary. i remember you talking about this in the prime to tab convert thread (where i killed that fanboy ) im glad you followed through with it
12th February 2012, 06:32 AM |#5  
Flag Spokane, Washington
Thanks Meter: 5,197

More
Ironically, someone else posted this before you did and it's up to three pages...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1492687

Like everything on this forum, the reviews are mixed.
The Following User Says Thank You to BarryH_GEG For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BarryH_GEG Ad-Free
12th February 2012, 06:36 AM |#6  
Flag Glendale, AZ

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG

Ironically, someone else posted this before you did and it's up to three pages...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1492687

Like everything on this forum, the reviews are mixed.

ROFL! but isnt the OP of this thread the creator of that video!? how did someone ELSE beat him to the upload... im DYING with laughter

EDIT: we dont always get along, Barry. but this gets a thank you
12th February 2012, 06:39 AM |#7  
Flag Spokane, Washington
Thanks Meter: 5,197

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stretchwookie

we dont always get along, Barry.

We don't have to always agree to get along. I know a lot more after participating in this forum than I did before. And what I learned wasn't always from people that shared my opinion.
12th February 2012, 06:42 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 294

Donate to Me
More
how..?
Quote:
Originally Posted by stretchwookie

ROFL! but isnt the OP of this thread the creator of that video!? how did someone ELSE beat him to the upload... im DYING with laughter

EDIT: we dont always get along, Barry. but this gets a thank you

Dude!! What the hell? I JUST put it up this morning.. wow, word gets around haha. I would have liked to have been the first to post my own video but hey..
12th February 2012, 06:45 AM |#9  
Flag Glendale, AZ

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG

We don't have to always agree to get along. I know a lot more after participating in this forum than I did before. And what I learned wasn't always from people that shared my opinion.

I like you, Barry. we are going to be great pals here

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Harrison

Dude!! What the hell? I JUST put it up this morning.. wow, word gets around haha. I would have liked to have been the first to post my own video but hey..

you should go over to that thread and say whats up, i can vouch that its yours. barry could too, he was in the flame thread with us
12th February 2012, 09:02 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Good one.
Maybe I missed it, but did you mention the encrypted bootloader story ?
One of my favorite episode...
12th February 2012, 11:22 AM |#11  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Great vid mate, i have one of the 1st aus batches (bcokas) as much as i love it, i still dont think i got a flawless one like others.
Look forward to the review

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)