[GUIDE] Fre3vo / Fre3dom Official Thread

Search This thread

mamarda

Jun 11, 2009
Tbiisi
[GUIDE] Fre3vo / Fre3dom Official Thread

COMING SOON!!!

#teamwin is proud to announce the Fre3vo / Fre3dom tools for the HTC EVO 3D and Sensation!

What is Fre3vo: Fre3vo is a temp-root acquiring tool, allowing users access to a root shell on their HTC EVO 3D and Sensation devices.

What is Fre3dom: Fre3dom is the name of the tool being developed to enable S-OFF on the EVO 3D and Sensation.

ETAs:
Fre3vo: Soon!
Fre3dom: No ETA yet.

More details will follow later today! Stay tuned!

please explain more detailed I am confused, will we get S-Off device after using that soft, or temp ROOT?

sorry I didn't saw they had different names

Last edited:

RADLOUNI

Jun 25, 2009
Dubai
not yet

please explain more detailed I am confused, will we get S-Off device after using that soft, or temp ROOT?

hold your horses mamarda :) this tool will give us temproot. It is planned to be released very soon (days if i'm not mistaken)

The second tool which is planned later will give us S-off

hope this helps

bigmase521

Jun 14, 2007
New York
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Just got my Sensation last week coming from a Nexus One and this thread made me so happy! I've been reading the Evo3d threads and it's great to see #teamwin step outside and help us Sensation users out too. Now maybe people will stop complaining!

Thanks agrabren!

webmanya

Feb 25, 2010
Istanbul
Hell yes... We've been waiting for this so long God damn it...
#######
Thank you so much... It works and thats all that matters to me... Thank you...

Last edited:

Honestly77

Dec 10, 2007
Someone should start working on a hacked flash player so we can access hulu when root drops. Oh man I am excited...once S-OFF happens...this phone is gonna scream. I mean..our processors are already underclocked from 1.5ghz and half the time it doesn't seem like the other core is even running. This is tremendous news.

mixmaven

Mar 8, 2005
Over 30 responses and not one of them has useful information. I'm just has happy as the next person, but don't spam this thread with a bunch of crap that we have to read in order to get to actual feedback when s=off is released

Choose Thread Tools, Subscribe to Thread and wait.

natoqc

Jun 7, 2009
Sensation-al, the rEVOlution is arriving ! (can't believe I'm the only one having thought about that one ^^)

Over 30 responses and not one of them has useful information. I'm just has happy as the next person, but don't spam this thread with a bunch of crap that we have to read in order to get to actual feedback when s=off is released

True.
However for the moment this is THE announcement that we've been waiting for, we can't blame anybody for being happy and expressing it. Plus this is just an announcement (for now) congrats are the only thing that we can do rigth now. :)
Again, you are right, I just think we should wait releases before refraining praises.

|Blitzkrieg|

Mar 5, 2009
Seattle, WA
Thanks guys, this is awesome!

The OP reserved several replies immediately after his first post. Any relevant information will be posted there first. I don't think its inappropriate to thank Teamwin for their hard work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [GUIDE] Fre3vo / Fre3dom Official Thread (Discontinued)

#teamwin is proud to announce the Fre3vo tool for the HTC EVO 3D and Sensation!

What is Fre3vo: Fre3vo is a temp-root acquiring tool, allowing users access to a root shell on their HTC EVO 3D and Sensation devices.

What is Fre3dom: Fre3dom was the name of the tool being developed to enable S-OFF on the EVO 3D and Sensation. This has been abandon since AlphaRevX has announced on twitter that they've had the devices open for weeks now.

Fre3vo can be downloaded here: http://tinyw.in/1lJ

Prereqs:
    1. You must be able to push files via adb to your device.
    2. You must know what a shell is.

Instructions:
    1. Download the fre3vo zip
    2. Unzip the fre3vo binary
    3. Push the binary via 'adb push fre3vo /data/local/tmp'
    4. Change the permissions via 'adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/tmp/fre3vo'
    5. Run the binary via 'adb shell /data/local/tmp/fre3vo'

If all goes well, you'll be kicked back to your computer's command prompt. (Some may get more messages, but it seems the Sensation buffers the stderr more than the EVO 3D)

run 'adb shell' and you should have a '#' prompt instead of '%'.

This is temporary root. A reboot will clobber it. There are many threads with scripts for doing what the community has dubbed "perma-temp root", which lets you run all your root-based apps.
    A big question: SU

We know, there are issues. This is for developers to get us our root apps working. We're already cranking into ways to get this going... Really!

And this is why we released the binary in this form... Because as a whole, we can come together and find ways to do everything we want with these phones. Mounting new partitions, or linking in other partitions with write. These are ways being explored to get apps to play nicer with temp-root.
    This worked for me after getting temp root...

ubuntu$ adb remount
    ubuntu$ adb shell

# remount -o remount,suid /dev/block/mmcblk0p24 /data
    # mkdir /data/bin
    # exit

ubuntu$ adb push busybox /data/bin
    ubuntu$ adb push su /data/bin
    ubuntu$ adb install superuser.apk
    ubuntu$ adb shell

# ln -s /data/bin/su /system/xbin/su
    # ln -s /data/bin/busybox /system/bin/busybox

After that, I was able to fight with Titanium Backup and it loaded successfully.
    Temp Root achieved.

Agrabren is the real one to thank. I just typed in what he told me to.

:D

Now, we need the su binary, hboot, recovery, and we are free to flash to our hearts content.
    We ran into a snag in our method of s-off... A completely bricked device. It has slowed us down a bit.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk