Photo album app?

Search This thread

pepy_24

Nov 5, 2010
Is there any app that can help you make folders/photo albums visible?
Default album viewer isn't able to do that (it shows all possible pics on sd card) so i will appreciate any help from you guys.

buff_rob1256

Feb 20, 2010
I too am looking for something like this, found an app called 'justpictures' but i'd still have something more like the htc photo album

ionutph

Oct 29, 2010
Are you serious ? :confused: On my Mini the pictures are blured (not sharp) on fullscreen view and when viewing with zoom the picture does not load, it is like apliyng digital zoom a small resolution photo. Well, sometimes on some pictures the zoom works and load the full resolution picture but it is slow.

edit: I have found that if i open an album in portrait mode and then turn to landscape mode the pictures are blurier and zoom is not loading 100% resolution photo. Maybe it creates cache for portrait and when turn in landscape mode it uses the same caches(thumbnails at 240x***?) and it looks blurier. For zoom that not work i can't find any excuses.

edit2: It looks like default Album is displaying photos in zoom mode 100% with fewer colors than justpictures. The gradients can be seen. maybe that's why is faster at zooming than justpictures.

Last edited:

raphaelc

Jun 20, 2008
Paris
floating image

I tried a bunch of photo album apps, and the best in my opinion is Floating Image. You can customize which folders you want (my photos albums are simply organised by folders/sub-folders so it's great for me) and the layout is superb. The only problem I have with it is that you can't zoom when vewing photos but I think it's because X10 mini isn't multi-touch : you have to keep pressing on the photo to bring up a menu and open the photo with the default vewing app and then zoom. Besides that, this app is the best.

xnomox

Dec 28, 2010
I think this thread is posted in the wrong section. This should be in Themes and Apps subforum and not in Android Development

manjeet15

Nov 21, 2010
New Delhi
www.singhcomputers.in
What Do You Want Basicaly?

if You Only Want To hide some folders from default pic album than here is the solution..

create .nomedia file from notepad in your system if you dont know hot to create tell me

than place this file into the folder which you dont want to include in your picture album

all pictures in the folder with this file will not be added in your default picture album when you want to add those pictures delete this file from that folder via any file manager simple it is...

vlissine

Jun 15, 2009
São Paulo
.nomedia is not a solution, because it will also prevent player playing music from these folders. Get Just Pictures for free from the market. It allows you to ignore folders you don´t want to show up.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    QuickPic is my choice for photos, shows photos in folders (can hide specific folders), very fast thumbnail generation, good quality.