[Q] Menu button...

Search This thread

pamarakos

Jan 10, 2008
Hi all
Is there a "fix" for the recent app button to re-map it to menu button on the first touch as it has always been in all previous models?

Thanks

Last edited:

DP1980

May 28, 2014
takes some time to get used to, but it's quite better than before. the hardware buuton will be safer)

Reactions: pamarakos

pamarakos

Jan 10, 2008
takes some time to get used to, but it's quite better than before. the hardware buuton will be safer)

What do you mean the hardware button will be safer?? With 2gb ram what s the point to check open apps? It should be used the opposite way...long press to get to task manager, normal touch to get to menu...I ll wait for the other member to show up with the solution hopefully:)

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app

DP1980

May 28, 2014
Well, actually there is a solution since you are rooted: install Xposed framework, then install/check Gravity Box module within the framework menu. Go into the Gravity Box and assign the buttons to your liking, restart the device and voila!

Last edited:

pamarakos

Jan 10, 2008
Well, actually there is a solution since you are rooted: install Xposed framework, then install/check Gravity Box module within the framework menu. Go into the Gravity Box and assign the buttons to your liking, restart the device and voila!

That's it...now we are back in business:)))
You made me smile again...how could I miss normal samsung function...I''m on Galaxy phones since I9000 (s1)...this recent app button made my life harder on the s5...

Thanks again and again!
For the rest here just a hint...it needs a reboot after framework installation and after Gravity box installation...

Thanks again my friend!

DP1980

May 28, 2014
You are very welcome, but you could activate the menu function just holding the recent apps button for 0.3 secs without using any additional apps. Anyways, glad i could help

lwiss

Jul 31, 2010
It works...
Gravitybox… buttons… menu button… longpress menu button… last apps opened(make point)

Multitasking Button… menu Button… short klick… open menu(make point)
Long klick… last apps opened(make point)
Restart Phone…

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.