Skype video calling?

Search This thread

Skullmonkey

Jul 31, 2010
Has anyone been able to video call on Skype? I just tried it and it wouldn't work.

I have the option checked in settings. I tried clearing the data and cache. I even tried a reinstall after a restart.

Any time I try video, it tries to start up then just goes back to a regular call.

Autobots, roll out! Sent from my Transformer Prime!

RubenRybnik

Jan 6, 2012
Cary, NC
Just used it myself without any problems ... Don't remember any settings I made, it was pretty much just default after install

Skullmonkey

Jul 31, 2010
Idk. I tried everything short of doing a factory reset. It works until the other person answers.

Autobots, roll out! Sent from my Transformer Prime!

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
did you make sure to go into settings to enable it? go in there and check it off. prime is not a supported device but if you click video chat in settings, it will work. plus they just updated so it might work even better now.

Skullmonkey

Jul 31, 2010
If you read my OP, you would see that I do have the option checked.

As it turns out, it won't work at all with one person and it acts funky (upside down and at a 45 degree angle) with another until I go to the notification area and hit the video call notification.

Gabroo

Apr 1, 2012
although skype works fine,
ive had people on the other end complain that my camera keeps focusing in and out.
so sometimes they see me clearly, sometimes not .

anyone else faced this ?

PuroKaibil

Sep 17, 2010
I installed it and change nothing on the settings. It work right off the bat.

I'm rooted on .15

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

largeruk

Aug 4, 2011
I installed it and change nothing on the settings. It work right off the bat.

I'm rooted on .15

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium
Which versions of Skype are you guys using? Anyone tried GTalk or any other video chat apps on the Prime (TF201)..?

Edit: I'm on rooted stock .28

Cheers :eek:

Last edited:

Meltz14

Sep 20, 2010
Is anyone else still having problems with this? My video wont even initialize - I can see the other party fine though

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
Skype works fine on prime. Just make sure you go into settings to enable video calling. As I believe prime isn't an officially supported device. But pressing THST option will enable video calling and it'll work.

Tango, Fring, & Oovoo video calling also works on prime.

SquirrelDroid

Jan 29, 2012
I was able to make Skype video calls and use Google Hangouts, but the sound from my mic is really poor. Sounds a little like a mouth full of cotton. I was hoping to use my Bluetooth headset (Sony MW600, A2DP) , but could not find a way to get it to use the mic.

I haven't seen other comments about mic quality, do I have a hardware issue?