Looking for ROMs and Files!

Search This thread

crazyjim_68

May 13, 2009
Here are the drivers:

db.tt "/BPvJyssG"

I can't post http either, just join them together.

Tech support on htc will give them to you if you ask

dony71

Dec 1, 2010
Hi dony71,

I still have the Thaihugo ROM files with phone WM6.0 1.30+radio 1.27+ sound rec+phone , but I cannot attach them here, they are way too large. The radio.rar has 7MB and the romv2.rar has 35MB.

I have also found stored in my PC the ROM files of "Thaihugo's shift age of reason and age of beauty", which are about of the same 40MB size.

Which version and how do you want me to send them to you?

Hi,
I need Thaihugo ROM files with phone WM6.0 1.30+radio 1.27+ sound rec+phone. Can you share using mediafire.com
Thanks

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

Ok, got this pretty much working now like I want. Phone and GPS both work for me on the light rom (google thaihugo age of reason). They also worked on the i00 rom, but I got rid of that. I used it with google maps with no issues and I can make phone calls without a headset (using built in speaker and mic only which sucks). I tried everything to get this to work including physically modifying the headset (an old one I didn't use). If anyone has any ideas on this, let me know.

I don't think an unactivated sim was ever needed, but it worked. You can use either, one that is old and deactivated or one that hasn't been activated yet. The reason it was working is it would not allow an internet connection as it cannot connect on the windows mobile side to any networks and would not disable the connection on the windows side.

Anyway, the reason windows keeps reconnecting is that it is trying to establish an internet connection. There are 2 types of connections on this. The default connection when you turn on the cellular is to connect windows to the internet. This will use your settings on the windows mobile side under network connections (settings -> connections -> connections -> select networks). For example, Media net for att. If this is set to nothing, such as My Work Network, it will not keep trying to reconnect on the windows side. This starts an ethernet connection with subnet on windows with something like 192.x.x.x.

The other connection is accessed through the usb tool when you selecting incoming connection. This will also start if you connect internet sharing and try to connect. I used usbtool only now. This will start an activesync connection and is on the 169.x.x.x subnet if you have Enable advance network functionality on the windows mobile side.

The keys on the keyboard are mixed up now. Anyone tried to pop them off and rearrange them? I don't want to be the guinea pig.

I'm using light rom, but gps not working
Maybe I don't know how to make it working
I notice there is HTC GPS tool utility and need to set comport and baud rate
but I never get any satellite
Can you tell me how or hint me to any link what to do?

axelTP2

Apr 5, 2010
Bucharest
Hi,
I need Thaihugo ROM files with phone WM6.0 1.30+radio 1.27+ sound rec+phone. Can you share using mediafire.com
Thanks

Hi Dony 71,
Before I go for that, did you first try contacting Thaihugo and ask him directly? It would not be fair joggling with his files, wouldn't it? When I was in need I contacted him and he offered me great assistance. Come back to me only if he's not responding. I understand that you are in need and I want to help you, but please talk to the master first.....

Last edited:

crazyjim_68

May 13, 2009
For the GPS, start the HTC GPS Tool, then click Open. This starts the gps. The default is Comm 4, 57600 baud. You can then go into menu, satellite view and you will see green when it locks the satellites. This can take a while unless you have a good view of the sky. Once it locks, its not so picky.

I only used this in Google Maps. Go to Menu, settings, gps settings. Change to manual, comm 4, 57600 baud.

Also, I see other people in the thread loading the 1.3 radio. I didn't have to do that with any ROM. They just worked. I checked my radio version and its 1.27.

Reactions: haga15

dony71

Dec 1, 2010
Hi Dony 71,
Before I go for that, did you first try contacting Thaihugo and ask him directly? It would not be fair joggling with his files, wouldn't it? When I was in need I contacted him and he offered me great assistance. Come back to me only if he's not responding. I understand that you are in need and I want to help you, but please talk to the master first.....

Hi axel,
I have sent him private message about this, but no reply so far

dony71

Dec 1, 2010
Thank's axel
Appreciate your help and effort

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

natboy

Mar 7, 2011
Anchorage, AK
Do you guys still have these files around? I just got a Shift as well and am now doing the hunt :) Maybe someone could upload them to a filesharing site? Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is been a while, eh? Anyways I am betting someone out there still has copies of a ROM or maybe some of the various rooting, flashing, SPL, or even driver files out there. If so, help a friend in need!

I got a shift, was a gift from someone who used it 3 times. Battery is shot so ebaying one and a stick of ram so I can stuff windows 7 on it, but I want to play with the SnapVUE side too. Send me a PM, post it here, toss it online and link it!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
    Is been a while, eh? Anyways I am betting someone out there still has copies of a ROM or maybe some of the various rooting, flashing, SPL, or even driver files out there. If so, help a friend in need!

I got a shift, was a gift from someone who used it 3 times. Battery is shot so ebaying one and a stick of ram so I can stuff windows 7 on it, but I want to play with the SnapVUE side too. Send me a PM, post it here, toss it online and link it!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Very nice gift, morganlowe, enjoy it!
    What's wrong with the links or attachements on this forum leading to the various ROMs, SPL and flashing files, drivers, etc, are they dead or did they disappear?
    Very nice gift, morganlowe, enjoy it!
    What's wrong with the links or attachements on this forum leading to the various ROMs, SPL and flashing files, drivers, etc, are they dead or did they disappear?

Yeah, most are dead. The hosting sites used deleted files and such from lack of use.

My hope is someone still has something laying around. I can build a ROM but thats a pain and more effort than I really want to spend, plus I would have to go digging for the kitchen to cook it in.
    Hi,
    If someone still has a working rom that could be uploaded here, that would be really nice, and would make me most certainly quite glad right now, as I would really, really like to replace the chinese rom with english or german now.

Did you try all the links at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=480525?
    I've just picked up randomly on page 1 the attached txt file 20090309.txt (144 Bytes, 2981 views) leading to http://rapidshare.com/files/227915132/i00-ROM-Deploy-20090309.zip and the i00 ROM is there, I'm downloading it as I'm writting this post. The download link is really working.
    Good luck!
    OK, So I got my shift done last night. 2gb RAM, Windows 7 ultimate, ditched the Italian WinMo side and installed LightROM with GPS working on both sides.

Lets start with liberation:

1) no data, I have Verizon and had no sim around either. I used instructions posted here and the 4g sim from my Rezound to trick it into connecting. I learned more Italian than I have ever before too.

One difference I did was I put a folder in Settings and included the Liberation file and shortcut. Since I had no data it was easier to load it into windows this way. Took about 20 minutes to get it liberated and the ROM installed.

Liberation and HardSPL files here.

Now that thats done... Some bonus files I found.

LightROM - lightweight ROM since WinMo is pretty much useless on here anyways. Good for GPS. First link for the light one.

BIOS Update

Modified Windows 7 Drivers - I was too lazy to renumber them but still go in order even if they start at 3.

Aero Resolution Changer - Found somewhere, this one works.

I take no credit for what is posted here. These all came from this or other places on the web. This is just what I used to get my Shift rolling on Win7.

Using Object Dock and Avast! Anti-virus with a HOSTS Script for security. CCleaner helps keep junk off the hard drive from web browsing and so on. And of course a dark theme.

One more - Cleanup Batch Files.
    Enjoy!