[ROOT] RegawMOD EVO 4G LTE Rooter | Updated 01.26.13

Search This thread

jarome1

Sep 2, 2010
Thanks. The bootloader is locked again, but the update still does not install. It reboots the phone into the bootloader.What am I supposed to do then?

Jim

1chris89

Any updates on the updated one with a none-automated script?

So we can login our selves or what?

Thanks

drslippyfist

Nov 8, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Back to sprint
Help from RegawMOD

I need to ship my phone back to sprint and I'd like to send it back looking untampered,*lock the bootloader and make sure the red developers screen warning is gone.
*I have a small understanding of ADB and fastboot. If possible I'd like to do this with the flash GUI application. I know enough about ADB*to have followed the simple instructions to root my device and if made simple enough I hope I can unroot it.
*I usually do not ask for help because most thing are searchable. I have literary read about 100 pages of this topic but I would love it if someone could help to get me the most accurate solution(RUU#?) for my particular phone(HBOOT,etc.)*and root method.*
*It is not a problem if I am pointed to a tutorial. I just want to make sure that what I am doing is the right thing that I need to do.*
*I rooted my HTC EVO 4g LTE using the RegawMOD*Rooter*on a Windows 7 32 bit dell laptop.*Sometime around last*December.

*I have since upgraded the same laptop*to*
Windows 8 32 bit.
No HTC drivers or adb
Not sure about NET 4.0 on Windows 8

HBOOT
Baseband

Decks unofficial CM 10.1*
Android 4.2.2
Decks CM 10.1 custom kernel
TWRP2.5

Please ask me any questions that will help you give me the best answer.

Thanks for reading and
Thanks again if helping.=2 thanks

Last edited:

regaw_leinad

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 30, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.regawmod.com
Back to sprint
Help from RegawMOD

I need to ship my phone back to sprint and I'd like to send it back looking untampered,*lock the bootloader and make sure the red developers screen warning is gone.
*I have a small understanding of ADB and fastboot. If possible I'd like to do this with the flash GUI application. I know enough about ADB*to have followed the simple instructions to root my device and if made simple enough I hope I can unroot it.
*I usually do not ask for help because most thing are searchable. I have literary read about 100 pages of this topic but I would love it if someone could help to get me the most accurate solution(RUU#?) for my particular phone(HBOOT,etc.)*and root method.*
*It is not a problem if I am pointed to a tutorial. I just want to make sure that what I am doing is the right thing that I need to do.*
*I rooted my HTC EVO 4g LTE using the RegawMOD*Rooter*on a Windows 7 32 bit dell laptop.*Sometime around last*December.

*I have since upgraded the same laptop*to*
Windows 8 32 bit.
No HTC drivers or adb
Not sure about NET 4.0 on Windows 8

HBOOT
Baseband

Decks unofficial CM 10.1*
Android 4.2.2
Decks CM 10.1 custom kernel
TWRP2.5

Please ask me any questions that will help you give me the best answer.

Thanks for reading and
Thanks again if helping.=2 thanks

To get it back to complete stock, first you need to get S-OFF. Not sure what the newest S-OFF tool is, but it should be stickied in the forum :)

Then, follow my thread here
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1744700

This will get you back to 100% stock after having S-OFF :D

drslippyfist

Nov 8, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Thanks Leinard, I like long detailed instructions because they often do create less confusion. You are the most helpful developer I have seen. Just from reading this forum it is pretty clear that you will answer every question, no matter how redundant. Your patience will get you far in life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: MEAZY4SHEEZY

regaw_leinad

Jan 30, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.regawmod.com
Thanks Leinard, I like long detailed instructions because they often do create less confusion. You are the most helpful developer I have seen. Just from reading this forum it is pretty clear that you will answer every question, no matter how redundant. Your patience will get you far in life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks drslippyfist :) I really appreciate what you just said. I try very hard to answer every question I can, even when I'm as busy as I am now. Patience is key on here. It's easy to get upset at people asking dumb questions, but I was there once too, and finding someone that took the time to help out was tough. I want to be that person.

regaw_leinad

Jan 30, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.regawmod.com
Dan, have you had any luck getting your root tool back up and running, or are you still having issues with HTC Dev?

Sent from my EVO using xda premium
I actually haven't had time to really look at this for a while. I'm a full time Electrical Engineering and Computer Science student now, and homework/studying has come first :p But I have been thinking about it for a while and I think I know a better way around this, so hopefully I can get it back up and running sometime soon. I also need to update AndroidLib :\

Reactions: Magnum_Enforcer

Magnum_Enforcer

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 14, 2012
Birmingham, AL
I actually haven't had time to really look at this for a while. I'm a full time Electrical Engineering and Computer Science student now, and homework/studying has come first :p But I have been thinking about it for a while and I think I know a better way around this, so hopefully I can get it back up and running sometime soon. I also need to update AndroidLib :\

Good deal. I was going to add it to my guide once it was up & running again (with your permission, of course).

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

Reactions: Sloth

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    READ ME:
    HTCDev.com has blocked access to the method I was using to automate their website.
    As of right now, this method does not work due to that, but I am currently implementing a fix.
    You may still download the rooter, but it WILL NOT communicate with HTCDev.com until I update it.

Description
    Please read this entire post before attempting to root/unlock!
    RegawMOD EVO 4G LTE Rooter provides easy bootloader unlocking, recovery flashing, and rooting of the HTC EVO 4G LTE's stock firmware.
    This rooter DOES use HTCdev.com to unlock your bootloader.
    NOTE: Unlocking your bootloader erases ALL user data on the phone! Be sure to back up with Titanium or something similar!
    Successful in unlocking and rooting all builds.
    If you have any problems while rooting, reboot your phone completely and try again.

What it does
    • Verifies Device and Battery Level (Needs to be charged to at least 40% before running)
    • Reboots to Bootloader and Gets Unlock Token
    • Sends Token to HTCdev.com
    • Retrieves Unlock_code.bin
    • Unlocks Bootloader
    • Flashes TWRP Recovery
    • Sends Superuser packages and busybox to device

Usage
    Before Running! - Clear your Google Wallet Settings!

1. Run the "RegawMOD EVO 4G LTE Rooter.exe" on your computer, Enable USB Debugging in Settings > Developer options on your phone, then plug in your Evo.
    2. It will recognize that you plugged it in, and a big button that reads "ROOT ME" will appear.
    3. Follow the on screen prompts and wait until rooting is complete.

Requirements
    Windows Computer
    HTC Drivers installed
    .NET 4.0 installed
    Active Internet Connection (for communication with HTCdev.com)

Screenshots
    Screenshots

Special Thanks
    djR3Z - Working with me and developing new, innovative ideas
    jayjam99 - HUGE thanks for helping me out with htcdev! This guy really saved my butt.
    TeamWin - Their awesome TWRP recovery
    sparkym3 & Dan Rosenburg - Local root exploit
    Chainfire - SuperSu
    Testers - PodCulture | wileout

Changelog
    Version 4.0.2 | 01.26.13
    • Updated internal library to fix bug
    Version 4.0.1 | 01.25.13
    • Update RegawMOD_Rooter.zip with new binaries

Download Latest Release
    RegawMOD EVO 4G LTE Rooter x86
    RegawMOD EVO 4G LTE Rooter x64

Download Info
    Rooter x86 MD5 - e87ab5ac647a0edd7d869e2cc5ad0bc4
    Rooter x64 MD5 - 72d642a7a231a96c92c8244f8a750687
    In the scheme of life some things are more important than others. Don't worry about any time frame. Just take care of yourself and yours. I know you do this out of desire to help others and all of us need to understand this. I will shut up now.

Doc

I fully understand. I just wanted to know for sure if we "could" be expecting it. That's all. Again, I appreciate all the time you have spent doing this.
    Hey no worries guys, I was just trying to clarify that I don't have unlimited time always to work on things here on xda. I have a ton of projects on here as well that need updating and I am behind and a little stressed out :p

I'm working on an update for this right now, which will be smart and work for both the 1.13 and 1.22, deciding which you have and doing the proper method.
    Updated to version 4.0 today. This should have ironed out the reboot issues and the HTCdev.com issues. Right now HTCdev.com is a little bit slow, just due to their server, but if you're patient and let it do it's thing, it will work.
    Ok, updated the OP with a new technique. Hopefully this will get the zip pushed. Let me know if I have to do more on it.