Search This thread

americasteam

Jan 31, 2011
Bowling Green, KY
Please wait for a chat representative to respond.

You are now chatting with 'Fred Desjardins'

Fred Desjardins: I'll be happy to assist you in reaching resolution regarding your issue. I will also address any other questions you may have and review your account to ensure you are getting the best value for your money.
Fred Desjardins: How can I help you today?
Steven Seldomridge: is the Samsung Galaxy S3 available in stores today?
Fred Desjardins: Let me check on that for you
Steven Seldomridge: okay
Fred Desjardins: Unfortunately, due to a huge number of pre-orders, the Samsung Galaxy s 3 will not be on sale until June 27
Steven Seldomridge: okay thanks

The 27th! That's a date I haven't seen before! lol Glad AT&T has their stuff together on this one! lol

garyd9

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
I think no one at at&t actually has a clue what's going on. Seems to be a case of a complete lack of communication within that company:

You are now chatting with Carrie C., an AT&T sales representative.
Carrie C.: Welcome to AT&T online Sales support. My name is Carrie, how may I assist you today?

Gary: Good morning, Carrie. Can you tell me when the Samsung Galaxy S3 devices will be available for purchase in AT&T corporate stores?

Carrie C.: Good morning Gary. I would be happy to assist you with your questions today.

Carrie C.: At this time the Samsung Galaxy S III is only available for pre-order.

Gary: Yes, but when will it be available in stores?

Carrie C.: I do not have access to the estimated time this phone will be available in store. I can only recommend that you call your local AT&T store to inquire about this phone and availability near you

Carrie C.: Please click here for the AT&T Store Locator.

Gary: I have called my local stores (several of them) and they don't know. They suggested I use the "chat" function that I'm currently using.

Carrie C.: I do apologize Gary, at this time we only have the S III for pre-order and it is set to ship on June 21st.

Carrie C.: That is the only information I have available for me.

Gary: okay, thank you.

Swiftks

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 16, 2011
The Woodlands, TX
Always pisses me off... the lack of anything consistent, or just general why do we give a f*ck attitude about Android devices, in general with all US carriers.

You can bet your ass if it were the next iPhone, every person you talked to in the company would have a exact launch date, etc.

Sent from my Atrix

Reactions: darren.wlsn1

hawkeye2188

May 17, 2011
Iowa
I really hope it doesn't come out today or tomorrow, as I specifically took time off at the end of the week to get this phone. If it comes out today or tomorrow and I'm stuck waiting... actually I'd rather have it today:p

garyd9

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
You can bet your ass if it were the next iPhone, every person you talked to in the company would have a exact launch date, etc.
Don't bet on it... I've found at&t customer service to be one of the most uninformed and misinformed groups ever. In many cases, when they do have any useful information, its based on customer service reps who spend their free time reading websites like engadget, etc. I still remember calling an AT&T store the day before the iphone4 launch (2 years ago) and them telling me that they didn't have any and they didn't know when they'd get them - or if they'd even be selling them in-store.

In related news, I called up best buy mobile (the 800 number - not a local store) and asked them if they could give any estimates. They seemed to think that they would be getting them in on the 22nd or 23rd, and that local stores would see them a couple days later.

HAVOK83

Jun 18, 2012
First of all hello to everyone as i have been visiting this site past couple of weeks, i sold my iphone 4 and ordered an S3 and really looking forward to it. Just spoke to att rep and she let me know that pre orders are set to ship out today the 18th

msherman123

May 4, 2012
All - at this point as everything in this thread is questionable, you need to go on what has been officially posted. Expect it to be released on the 21st with some late pre orders being backordered over the following week.

Official release date is still the 21st.

hawkeye2188

May 17, 2011
Iowa
All - at this point as everything in this thread is questionable, you need to go on what has been officially posted. Expect it to be released on the 21st with some late pre orders being backordered over the following week.

Official release date is still the 21st.

ATT has yet to say an official release date. Ive seen it say "Should arrive on or before 6/21" and I've seen "Should ship on or before 6/21"

kyan~

Mar 24, 2012
Frisco, TX
Just spoke with a RSC and was told they won't get theirs today, said preorders ship out first today and stores will get theirs 21st.

nascar24usa

Nov 10, 2007
Saga Continues

I just spoke with knowledgeable (appeared to be) customer service rep who checked my preorder, then inventory in stores and then inventory in warehouse for preorders (ship direct to customer). She said no inventory to stores per computer at this time, Monday 8am. She verified there is inventory for the preorders in three (3) warehouses so computer shows available to ship.

She checked my order and confirmed order on the morning of the 6th, and with inventory available for shipping, said my order calling out to ship on 18th, she confirmed that, good chance they will be shipping out preorders today, as promised. As we know, no guarantees, but confirmed inventory in stock for shipping preorders, so better news than being told no inventory at all.

My Am X card doesn't show charge yet, but since it is only 9:40am, not concerned at this point. We shall see!

Artimus009

Apr 30, 2011
Jacksonvillle
42b15bce-43ec-b97d.jpg

Boom.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Reactions: americasteam

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This will be me at the AT&T store if I don't get my phone tomorrow. :mad:

PHO-10Jun23-234708.jpg
    It's true.. but copying their chat threads into a forum might just become a new MEME.

any other memes? :laugh:
    22360494.jpg
    We will receive when we receive, still not even late...........if not OK with you, cancel your order and move on already. Take up golf, shuffleboard, or whatever. Too many complaints for something we can't even complain about, quite yet!!

These posts are getting old. This thread is for speculating and discussing Release Date Info for the ATT S3. You do not have to come in here, so please, just stop with the high and mighty posts telling everyone to "calm down, get over it, get a hobby!"

I am not directing this at you specifically Nascar, sorry if you feel that way, but there are quite a few posts like yours and the condescending comments towards everyone like they are 3 years old are just too much.

If you dont want to read these specific posts, then do not come into the thread. Just ignore this thread and simply wait till you get yours, like you are telling everyone else. It is just taking some of the fun of speculating and discussing. Some people want to wait patiently, and have no problem with this, others want to discuss every little chat and phone conversation and dissect every word. IT is all in good fun and anticipation. Many people are so excited for this phone ,the get that kid at Christmas mentality and just want to talk about it, its not hurting anyone.

None of these "woah is me, where is my fine, gosh darnit I was told the 21st" posts are hurting anyone. They are fun to read and help pass the time. Just look at it like that.
    From what I have been told, pre-orders online should get theirs on the 22nd(friday) and in stores on the 25th(sunday)
    I plan on standing outside my ATT store one the 21st waiting. As the manager comes to open the doors, I will stare intensely at him, he will know why i'm there.