Wasim and Pator MIUIv4 (v2.5) :

Search This thread

Pator57

Jun 11, 2012
i think that you probably can't cheat koll savas with it (; he is much more experienced dev than you and i think that he easly can recognize his own rom (;

Taptapped from my little killer iPod 4G (;

Ho F*** I don't stole the work of poeple who work on miuiv4 for the buzz.And miuiv4 it's an open software don't forget.But if you want i can add all the miuiv4 dev in my credit.It doesn't metter.
For example does the trackballwake or trackball press work on the kool rom ? How to say it NO but in mine that work.And another think does the flashlight camera/ play long video in youtube work on the kool port ? Also No.So it's realy not this rom.
Don't take this like an offance.

And of course for me koolsava is the big boss of the htc buzz dev but i can work without using what he did. :)

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using xda premium

Last edited:

Pator57

Jun 11, 2012
MIUI build (1.1) test:

Here the test of the v (1.1) build.
Don't now if that will work.So try and give a report.

CHANGELOG:
Erase the /system/media/video folder. This folder includes some video samples but are useless. I delete them everytime in order to have some more space at the system.
Erase some Chinese apps. (supermarket, baidu input, root explorer)
Add Google Play (v.3.8.17) as system app because otherwise system can't always update/install apps.
Add google Talk because it was killed by the system if it is installed as a user app.

/system/etc/gps.conf tweaks. Use European gps server.
/system/etc/enhanced.conf tweaks. Enable ZRAM (SIZE: 80), enable VSYNC (No screen tearing, lower battery consumption, but I think lower benchmark scores), default I/O sheduler: noop.
/system/etc/firmware/wlan/qcom_cfg.ini tweaks. Based on sbasil's patch for Aurora.Don't know if that will work but well :D
tweaked media_profiles.xml in order to record videos as mp4 (instead of 3gp).
added binaries and init.d folder for init.d scripts compatibility. Now every script inside the /system/etc/init.d folder will be executed at startup. A 00test script is by default there which, if it is executed, creates a Test log inside /data. Use it to test if the scripts are executed correctly.
) fixes some permissions.

Attachments

• MIUI(v1.1).zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 72
Reactions: nchc

lemmoned

Apr 17, 2010
Here the test of the v (1.1) build...

Many thx Pator for your contribution! It's always good to see dev interesting in enhancing our poor Willy.

Your last patch just stuck my phone at recovery splash. So I cannot say if it's ok or not (tried several times with cache & dalvik wipe).
The first version of the "hot update" booted and worked quite well.
Another point is that it be more effective to provide users the possibility to adjust CPU clock (like in CM9).

Even if I do agree you should make your OP more 'AOSP ROM compliance', please keep on the good work and don't let others disturb you!

Lemmoned regards

Pator57

Jun 11, 2012
Many thx Pator for your contribution! It's always good to see dev interesting in enhancing our poor Willy.

Your last patch just stuck my phone at recovery splash. So I cannot say if it's ok or not (tried several times with cache & dalvik wipe).
The first version of the "hot update" booted and worked quite well.
Another point is that it be more effective to provide users the possibility to adjust CPU clock (like in CM9).

Even if I do agree you should make your OP more 'AOSP ROM compliance', please keep on the good work and don't let others disturb you!

Lemmoned regards

Your welcome :).But im not a dev so i can't realy add more freature.Now i tried to make the rom tweaked, faster and more stable.But i don't know how to do this lol.

Pator57

Jun 11, 2012
Re: MIUIv4 (v1.0) :

In fact i don't know why but i can't odex the rom, i have tried with an script but it doesn't work,i will need some help or this rom won't be odex.I think we need stable miuiv4 rom too.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using xda app-developers app

Wasimk32

Mar 29, 2012
Latur

In fact i don't know why but i can't odex the rom, i have tried with an script but it doesn't work,i will need some help or this rom won't be odex.I think we need stable miuiv4 rom too.

Don't know why you insisting to odex it?
It won't help much,if the rom boots up,then remove bloat,make it lighter, add tweaks and you are good to go.
I also think,miui by koolsavas and tathanhlam are more than good for daily use.Some tweaking and they'll be perfect! :)

Pator57

Jun 11, 2012

Don't know why you insisting to odex it?
It won't help much,if the rom boots up,then remove bloat,make it lighter, add tweaks and you are good to go.
I also think,miui by koolsavas and tathanhlam are more than good for daily use.Some tweaking and they'll be perfect! :)

Ha ok, i think it would be better. And what i can delete to make the rom lighter ? I would like to do an slim miui v4 version.

Vency77

Apr 5, 2012
Plovdiv
Ha ok, i think it would be better. And what i can delete to make the rom lighter ? I would like to do an slim miui v4 version.

Just to inform you that I have slimmed my personal MIUIv4 down to ~80 MB,plus the Gapps a bit, however there isn't much difference. It may feel a bit snappier, but Wildfire is just not meant to run ICS, moreover MIUIv4, so if one wants it he just has to accept the lags here and there.
If you want to make it slimmed though, delete many of the system/apps (Chinese Xiaomi stuff, email stuff, and many more but you have to know that there are people who use these apps), stock apps for Music, Explorer etc. as there are replacements in the market,some widgets plus the live wallpaper stuff which doesnt work anyway, I always delete the tts folder and application from both ROM and Gapps (have never ever used it, lol), the media stuff (there are like 20 wallpapers, 20+ ringtones&alarm&notification stuff, but I always use downloaded ones) ....
However, I should repeat, don't expect miracles :)

Wasimk32

Mar 29, 2012
Latur

Just to inform you that I have slimmed my personal MIUIv4 down to ~80 MB,plus the Gapps a bit, however there isn't much difference. It may feel a bit snappier, but Wildfire is just not meant to run ICS, moreover MIUIv4, so if one wants it he just has to accept the lags here and there.
If you want to make it slimmed though, delete many of the system/apps (Chinese Xiaomi stuff, email stuff, and many more but you have to know that there are people who use these apps), stock apps for Music, Explorer etc. as there are replacements in the market,some widgets plus the live wallpaper stuff which doesnt work anyway, I always delete the tts folder and application from both ROM and Gapps (have never ever used it, lol), the media stuff (there are like 20 wallpapers, 20+ ringtones&alarm&notification stuff, but I always use downloaded ones) ....
However, I should repeat, don't expect miracles :)

Or may be making a new port from a different device would help.A new framework might help.

gobz

Nov 16, 2012
Pune

If u still need help on odexing, I got 3 solutions.
Pm me.
If ur already done, its okay.
Odexing boosts a lot. Plus you can deodex one or two system apps like settings, systemui, etc for theming purposes. Framework folder, we will keep it deodexed.

Pator57

Jun 11, 2012
I finaly arrive to odex the rom.It's faster and more stable.
Thanks to Wasim 32, i used this rom as base.

Installation:
-Reboot recovery
-Wipe all ( data , dalvic cache and batery stat )
-Flash Miui v4 odex final.zip
-reboot, once it's on the lookscreen wait 5 minutes and reboot again.
After two reboot it rook.

I don't tweaked the rom, and i don't slim it.Fell free to test your tweak, and to ask me to add it in the next release.

LINK is on first post.

Nobody try?

Last edited:

depende70

Nov 9, 2011
The testing took all day today and it works great.
Only I miss español.Miui menus in English or Chinese only.
Very bonita.Quisiera know if you can remove the transparency of the status bar.
Thank you very much and to continue locking so.
Sorry for my bad English.

Pator57

Jun 11, 2012
Re: MIUIv4 (v2.5) :

The testing took all day today and it works great.
Only I miss español.Miui menus in English or Chinese only.
Very bonita.Quisiera know if you can remove the transparency of the status bar.
Thank you very much and to continue locking so.
Sorry for my bad English.

Hi!If you want to disable the statut bar transparency, simply install the mod miui control panel.I will try to add more language to the next build (tweaked and moded) that wasim 32 will make.

drewniany92

Jul 18, 2012
Odp: MIUIv4 (v2.5) :

how it works for u?? i have to test this one but i have lack of time );

Wysyłane z mojego HTC Wildfire za pomocą Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all here my first Miuiv4 build based on the latest aokp v5 build.

DOWNLOAD TIME :

UPTATE:https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-5I_FmNMNolMXN6NGd6T3Ftajg/edit?usp=sharing

Slimm gapp:
    http://code.google.com/p/slimics39/downloads/detail?name=Slim_Gapps.zip&can=2&q=

The rom can be use as daily use.

Installation:
    -Reboot recovery

If you want to thanks somoene for this amazing rom,thanks Wasim32, he did all the work.

CREDIT and special thanks to :

Vency 77
    Wasim 32
    Koolsavas
    Erwin.P
    And all people who worked for miuiv4 for the wildfire.

If you like this rom use the thanks butom ;)
    I finaly arrive to odex the rom.It's faster and more stable.
    Thanks to Wasim 32, i used this rom as base.

Installation:
    -Reboot recovery

I don't tweaked the rom, and i don't slim it.Fell free to test your tweak, and to ask me to add it in the next release.

LINK is on first post.

Nobody try?
    i think that you probably can't cheat koll savas with it (; he is much more experienced dev than you and i think that he easly can recognize his own rom (;

Taptapped from my little killer iPod 4G (;

Ho F*** I don't stole the work of poeple who work on miuiv4 for the buzz.And miuiv4 it's an open software don't forget.But if you want i can add all the miuiv4 dev in my credit.It doesn't metter.
    For example does the trackballwake or trackball press work on the kool rom ? How to say it NO but in mine that work.And another think does the flashlight camera/ play long video in youtube work on the kool port ? Also No.So it's realy not this rom.
    Don't take this like an offance.

And of course for me koolsava is the big boss of the htc buzz dev but i can work without using what he did. :)

Hi,i will continue this rom, by make it more stable. I will rebase on latest aokp rom by Wasim32 and will use odex system app to make it faster.For any request post it here.

i give up trying to understand you now!! its new but from kools earlier work!!!! WTF

R.V.3 (MokeeOs)