Note 2 Otterbox Defender Case Review

Search This thread

Oli2k

Jun 24, 2011
I've been waiting for this to turn up for ages and I finally got my hands on the Otterbox Defender last night. It really does add some weight and bulk to the phone but of course offers the protection a lot of people are looking for. I personally like the look of the grey case but the wait for that is still about a month I believe.

Link - http://youtu.be/p7q4EWQfxPs?hd=1

Any questions or feedback are more than welcome

jb8301

Aug 1, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
I've been waiting for this to turn up for ages and I finally got my hands on the Otterbox Defender last night. It really does add some weight and bulk to the phone but of course offers the protection a lot of people are looking for. I personally like the look of the grey case but the wait for that is still about a month I believe.

where did you find one of these bad boys already??? I want one for sure!

Oli2k

Jun 24, 2011
A few weeks still, but of course I'll be reviewing one :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

planetbeen

Oct 13, 2011
Virginia Beach
It looks awesome! I want one now and my orange androidified cruzerlite just came in the mail today !

Sent from my Awesome Ginormous Note 2

Oli2k

Jun 24, 2011
I just got one of the first I think. Not Complaining anyway lol

Ghetto Geeksta

Mar 20, 2011
Atlanta
Good review but the Defender is way to bulky for me and the screen cover has too much glare. Which is why I want the Commuter, any idea when you can review it?

Oli2k

Jun 24, 2011
Good review but the Defender is way to bulky for me and the screen cover has too much glare. Which is why I want the Commuter, any idea when you can review it?

I personally prefer the commuter, I will be reviewing it as soon as it arrives. I didn't expect to the defender till mid December so I can't say when I'll get my commuter unfortunately.

P1 Wookie

Jun 10, 2011
South Carolina
With a case like the Defender I would probably drop my phone on purpose just so I can feel good about walking around with a case that big.

I did it all the time with my iPhone 4. Lol. I'd drop it on the concrete floor at work from eye level (I'm 6'4" ) because people wouldn't believe the case was that good, then THEY were the ones that would freak when I let it go haha

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Oli2k

Jun 24, 2011
I did it all the time with my iPhone 4. Lol. I'd drop it on the concrete floor at work from eye level (I'm 6'4" ) because people wouldn't believe the case was that good, then THEY were the ones that would freak when I let it go haha

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Yeah some of the Youtube videos of drop tests are scary to watch the first time, proves the case does it job though I guess.

I have been tempted to do my own drop tests on video but at the same time I'm too scared it will break lol

mikdugal1

Jul 1, 2009
How were you able to get one early? You can pm me still not sold around me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Oli2k

Jun 24, 2011
Ah. I honestly hadn't bothered watching it. I have enough experience with otterbox lol. Not worth ordering from the UK so I'll keep waiting

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

I can't believe stock is available in the UK and not in the states.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here ya go ;)

ms1xua.jpg

wgpip.jpg

2vb6glv.jpg

34q683b.jpg

r0r34g.jpg

34611qu.jpg

2wdr0hy.jpg

nn86qg.jpg

4gm87.jpg

24zhh5s.jpg

x3wwm9.jpg

2tpp0.jpg

DISCOVERY

Hey guys, hopefully Otterbox doesnt go through this website lol but anyways..

I was able to place an order for the Otterbox Defender case yesterday directly on their website.

If you go to their site, once the site with the case loads, you will see the add button on the page for a split second before it changes to Coming Soon message, if you click on Add in that split second, it will add it to your cart and you can check out, I placed the order yesterday and it was shipped out yesterday and I should have it on Wednesday of next week already according to FedEx.

Hope this helps for someone because I know that I am a happy camper right now lol
    Otterbox Defender in the car-dock

For everyone that decided to go for the Otterbox Defender we here at IBOLT are just finishing up the active car-dock designed for the Note II & with use of Otterbox cases in particular. See new images below how the gray case looks when in the Dock.
    I just picked up the case and the volume buttons do suck to press :mad: The silicone on the volume feel squishy but needs to be pushed all the way down to make the volume go up or down. I'm a bit disappointed cause the power button feels so perfect. Hopefully I get used to it because I do like the case.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

Don't think it well get any better cause the silicone tabs on the inside just aren't long enough.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

I found a cheap solution for this issue. What I did was use some 3M stick tape (the stuff thats basically 2 sided tape but is Styrofoam) I cut a piece long enoug to cover the volume up and down on the inside of the rubber. I took the paper off that side so that it would stick but left the paper on the side that would make contact with the buttons. Put the case back on the phone and the volume buttons work effortlessly as the power button.

1355149889616.jpg

Nothing fancy but it fixes the problem.

Sent from the best phone on the planet, Apple take Note............