[Q] calls go straight to voice mail

Search This thread

Micro Maniac

Jul 22, 2012
Myrtle Beach
I've seen some threads here and on Google with similar trouble but never any solution...

My phone calls started going to voice mail about 3 weeks ago WITHOUT phone ringing, leaving voice mail notification or showing in call history.

Checked the obvious, ringtones, etc. Phone will not ring or show any visual of incoming call..

Performed several hard resets, factory reset, Restore prior backups. Wiping caches. Everything except re-flashing MEANROM which I will do if nothing else works.

Called SPRINT support and they reset everything (any call forwards, etc.) Updated PRL, Profile... Entered 3 codes given to me by SPRINT (*720, *730, *740) No change. They said after powering back on the phone would perform a "Hands Free Activation". (This did NOT happen?) Phone will not ring or show any visual of incoming call..

HTC EVO 4G LTE
I have MEANROM_ICS_6.5 installed... Rooted S-ON.
Android 4.0.4
HTC Sense 4.1
Kernel 1.05.11.0606
Build 2.13.651.1 CL99866

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

gstanke

Dec 21, 2013
Flint
I've seen some threads here and on Google with similar trouble but never any solution...

My phone calls started going to voice mail about 3 weeks ago WITHOUT phone ringing, leaving voice mail notification or showing in call history.

Checked the obvious, ringtones, etc. Phone will not ring or show any visual of incoming call..

Performed several hard resets, factory reset, Restore prior backups. Wiping caches. Everything except re-flashing MEANROM which I will do if nothing else works.

Called SPRINT support and they reset everything (any call forwards, etc.) Updated PRL, Profile... Entered 3 codes given to me by SPRINT (*720, *730, *740) No change. They said after powering back on the phone would perform a "Hands Free Activation". (This did NOT happen?) Phone will not ring or show any visual of incoming call..

HTC EVO 4G LTE
Android 4.0.4
HTC Sense 4.1
Kernel 1.05.11.0606
Build 2.13.651.1 CL99866

It might be a long shot but did you try dialing ##72786# and resetting it that way?

HTC Jewel
HBOOT 2.10 S-OFF (rumrunner)
Android 4.3 Sense 5.5 V3

Reactions: Micro Maniac

Magnum_Enforcer

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 14, 2012
Birmingham, AL

Attachments

• 1396048589747.jpg
    1396048589747.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 56

Micro Maniac

Jul 22, 2012
Myrtle Beach
Call Sprint and ask for password. It's not your pin and they gave it free

The "Code" it wants is the MSL number. Once I entered that into the password prompt it allowed me to do the network reset. The phone re-boots and updates PRL. As soon as that was done I got 8 undelivered text messages but it still will not ring the phone on incoming calls.

Closer but not yet there...

G

GuestK0087

The "Code" it wants is the MSL number. Once I entered that into the password prompt it allowed me to do the network reset. The phone re-boots and updates PRL. As soon as that was done I got 8 undelivered text messages but it still will not ring the phone on incoming calls.

Closer but not yet there...

Well, if it were me and I was running what you are, I would seriously consider going S-off and updating your firmware.

Sent from my EVO using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

robby363

Jun 12, 2008

HTC EVO 4G LTE
Android 4.0.4
HTC Sense 4.1
Kernel 1.05.11.0606
Build 2.13.651.1 CL99866

I had the same problem about a week ago. I updated the profile under system updates and everything worked fine after that.

Micro Maniac

Jul 22, 2012
Myrtle Beach
Problem Resolved!

Problem resolved on SPRINT's end! Apparently tech support neglected to reset one option which when reset the phone worked. (she didn't say what it was but saw it immediately.)

I would really like to play around more with flashing different ROMS except I'm a newbie and while most of my problems have been solved here I find it too difficult begging for assistance. I find more one liner answers stating "... just do X Y or Z..." then off they go never answering further questions. There's just too many combinations of ROMs, Radios, HBOOT, Firmware, etc. that at almost every turn I get a sick feeling in my stomach that something is going to brick my phone and I'll have to beg here for someone to hold my hand. I tried MEANBEAN for a while but found the battery life not so great and was missing Beats audio. (I listen to internet radio in my car rather than my car stereo...) That's why I'm staying on ICS.

Thanks for all that tried to help me. I'll be clicking the Thanks button...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

HTC EVO 4G LTE
    Android 4.0.4
    HTC Sense 4.1
    Kernel 1.05.11.0606
    Build 2.13.651.1 CL99866

It might be a long shot but did you try dialing ##72786# and resetting it that way?

HTC Jewel
    HBOOT 2.10 S-OFF (rumrunner)
    Android 4.3 Sense 5.5 V3