[Q] Best microSD card for the Note 3

Search This thread

Robin_93

May 7, 2014
Best MicroSD card for the Note 3 ?
I want to buy a good and fast MicroSD card, do you have any good tips ? :)

rlmiller

Aug 30, 2010
Port Arthur TEXAS
Best MicroSD card for the Note 3 ?
I want to buy a good and fast MicroSD card, do you have any good tips ? :)

Good news is that the price has dropped. I have Sandisk ultra class 10 64gig that cost $90.... now less than a year later same thing is around $40.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=251144066147&alt=web

5anapy3y.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900P

Last edited:

d12unk13astard

Aug 5, 2010
Bakersucks
The best all around is that 64gb as it should be enough for the average user and it's much cheaper than the 128gb SanDisk going for $120-200.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda premium

joebongo

Jun 8, 2005
The best all around is that 64gb as it should be enough for the average user and it's much cheaper than the 128gb SanDisk going for $120-200.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda premium

Be aware there are a lot of fakes on the bay at the moment. I got one that was 20 GBP and the fake wouldn't format. I think it was a 2 or 4 in reality with something done to make it appear as a 64 to Windows.

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
And if you are a memory hog like me, you can get the 128gb Sandisk micro-sd card. Works fine out of the box and no trouble that plagued the older 64gb Class 10 sd cards.

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah

xclub_101

Oct 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Can only go on my experience so far and I haven't had a problem.
10% is about the amount that are always gonna complain about something. It's when it gets into the 20% - 30% that there is generally a BIG problem...

I am tempted to MAYBE agree on microSD in general (since the category also contains ultra-cheap chinese crap) but I would expect MUCH more from expensive stuff like that - here is how reviews for a good product actually look like on Amazon :cool:

nakedtime

Apr 28, 2013
for speed, you can get 64gigs at 90R 80W for $81.40

http://www.amazon.com/Lexar-High-Pe...399562837&sr=1-1&keywords=lexar+64gb+micro+sd

for size buy the 128GB sandisk

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Micro...399562969&sr=1-1&keywords=128gb+micro+sd+card

For price per gig, buy a bunch of 8, 16, and 32gig used ones on ebay and one of these credit card shaped microsd holders

http://www.amazon.com/DiMeCard-micr...qid=1399562948&sr=1-1&keywords=microsd+wallet

If youre feeling ambitious, you can put micro to regular sd adapter in there and put a 256gig card in :)
http://www.amazon.com/Lexar-Profess...m_sbs_e_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=18TCDV9XATPP7AH9XNQB
with this mod or similar
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2518175

Last edited:

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
I am tempted to MAYBE agree on microSD in general (since the category also contains ultra-cheap chinese crap) but I would expect MUCH more from expensive stuff like that - here is how reviews for a good product actually look like on Amazon :cool:

Again though, out of that page there were 11 reviews, 9 were 5 star and 1 was 4 star then there was the 1 3 star... That still quates to almost 1 bad review out of 11. That is close to the 10% mark you were saying about the 128gb.

nakedtime said:
If youre feeling ambitious, you can put micro to regular sd adapter in there and put a 256gig card in d card...
Did that too until my 128gb microsd card arrived...:p:D

Last edited:

xclub_101

Oct 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Again though, out of that page there were 11 reviews, 9 were 5 star and 1 was 4 star then there was the 1 3 star... That still quates to almost 1 bad review out of 11. That is close to the 10% mark you were saying about the 128gb.

Maybe Amazon is showing us different things - but in one case I see a product with about 10% extremely-bad reviews and in the other I provided an example where you can see exactly 0% extremely-bad reviews, the difference from 0% to 10% is huge and even if we can pin some of that on the smaller sample in the 2nd instance, even the difference from 1% (a worst-case scenario to correct for sample size) to 10% remains huge.

In other words - it is acceptable to have 10% of the customers giving you just 4 stars, the product is still OK and some people might be very picky, but when 10% gives you 1 star there is a real problem, you can not blame that on people being too picky.

Last edited:

paul_59

Feb 6, 2011
I bought a
SanDisk Extreme Plus microSDHC Card Class 10 UHS-I 80MB/S 64GB + SD...£70

No problems so far.
One of the fastest cards, although doesn't reach highest speed it's capable of on Note 3 due to lack of UHS-1 interface

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app

nakedtime

Apr 28, 2013
Maybe Amazon is showing us different things - but in one case I see a product with about 10% extremely-bad reviews and in the other I provided an example where you can see exactly 0% extremely-bad reviews, the difference from 0% to 10% is huge and even if we can pin some of that on the smaller sample in the 2nd instance, even the difference from 1% (a worst-case scenario to correct for sample size) to 10% remains huge.

In other words - it is acceptable to have 10% of the customers giving you just 4 stars, the product is still OK and some people might be very picky, but when 10% gives you 1 star there is a real problem, you can not blame that on people being too picky.

I can't agree with this statement because around 10% of the people doing reviews are one of the following:
1) Paid by a competitor to make a 1-star review.
2) Trolls.
3) People who didn't read the product description before purchasing.
4) Using the product improperly.
5) Idiots.

Reactions: d12unk13astard

xclub_101

Oct 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I can't agree with this statement because around 10% of the people doing reviews are one of the following:
2) Trolls.
5) Idiots.

That is not an absolute rule - as my 2nd product link is showing there ARE good products that have 0 (ZERO) 1-star ratings.

Also in case you have not lived under a bridge in the last 1-2 years you would have noted that in every major Samsung phone forum there have been a HUGE amount of complains about microSD problems, and most of them about Sandisk. Which in itself is not definitive (since Sandisk 32GB and 64GB are among the best sold and most faked models in the world) but most ratings on Amazon should be on the real product sold by Amazon (which I like to believe is not promoting fakes, which again might not be a rule). Either way there IS a problem with a certain number of microSD cards, which suggests either a large number of fakes still being sold through Amazon or really bad quality assurance. Surprisingly the same seems to also be the case for Samsung 64GB microSD (which initially was touted in certain forums as better than the 64GB Sandisk Ultra).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

2) Trolls.
    5) Idiots.