Custom splash image

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Shellite

May 28, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
is there any way anyone can make a video walkthrough on this? i have the bootloader with the three skating androids, but all this adb talk and whatnot has me lost, and im confused

any help would be appreciated, i love this forum!

No need for a walkthrough video really, its quite simple.

Download the Android SDK, it has everything you need.

All the other information you require is readily available in these forums (Search!!) :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Z3ko

Jul 29, 2008
Weisswasser
Another Splashscreen :D

adp2pqx2.png

Nikeem24

Apr 17, 2009
Get custom boot image back

Hi, I'm making this thread for a colleague of mine. He recently flashed a custom boot image on his G1, and then he flashed the New SPL. After he did that his custom boot image was gone. Is there anyone that can better assist me with this problem. And don't tell me that this is in the wrong section either because this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=467064 has been here since January. I just need help for my fellow colleague. Thank you to anyone who can help. If you don't want to help then please don't comment, save room for other people to help.:cool:

wassss

Jun 11, 2006
hero splash

someone can release hero splash ?

you know ? htc logo gif with little android saying bye bye

humble

Dec 17, 2007
Samsung Galaxy Tab S8
Maybe this work

Hi, I'm making this thread for a colleague of mine. He recently flashed a custom boot image on his G1, and then he flashed the New SPL. After he did that his custom boot image was gone. Is there anyone that can better assist me with this problem. And don't tell me that this is in the wrong section either because this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=467064 has been here since January. I just need help for my fellow colleague. Thank you to anyone who can help. If you don't want to help then please don't comment, save room for other people to help.:cool:

i only have one suggestion, re-flash the custom boot.img. that's strange tho don't see why that would happen... Why? because the SPL and custom boot.img (Splash) is not connected
there in two different partitions(kind of) different places on the ramdisk well i hope re-flash fixes your colleague's issue

Peace

juphro

Jun 7, 2008
Chicago
Havent actually done this to my phone yet (CyanogenMod v3.3.8) but got so excited I had to whip something up in GIMP! Took the crossbones from nolageek's image, with rzm61's idea... it will need to be converted properly as per instructions on page one...

If anyone wants to mess around with the xcf just pm me :D

Attachments

• AndroidRootEdition.jpg
    AndroidRootEdition.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

armoredraven

Apr 7, 2008
Los Angeles
Last edited:
K

kaninabu

Here ya go:

Second Boot Image:
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/3563/bootd.gif
Boot Sound:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?odrmjm5noem

Have fun :)

Edit: It won't be flashed like the normal first splashscreen, but you have to push the file to "system/media/" I'm not sure about file size restrictions and stuff though, so someone should experiment *too lazy to do it, and I kinda like the screen*

Thank you! Works like a charm on Virtudude's Roger V3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    paranoid_android_splash.jpg

“It won't work,” droned Marvin, “I have an exceptionally large mind.”

:cool:
    This file should be 460800 bytes - no more, no less.

460800 shall be the size of the file, and the number of bytes in the file shall be 460800. 460801 shalt not the size of the file be, neither shall the size be 460799, excepting that thou then append a byte to 460800.

460802... is right out.

Once the file size 460800, being the 460800th byte be reached, flasheth thou thy boot image onto the G1, who, being naughty in my sight, shall display it.

(note: please read the instructions, and don't actually flash a file that's 460800 bytes long. I had to take some artistic liberties here :p)