Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[Q] Z2 Rooting

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Lofty01, Junior Member on 12th June 2014, 09:26 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
if after rooting my Z2 would i be able to run apps from the sd card i.e sat navs that store the maps on the sd card also would i need to flash an alternative image for this to work

Cheers
Lofty

12th June 2014, 04:53 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 114

More
I am also interested in knowing about this, before kitkat big games would store the additional downloaded game files on the microSD card saving space on the internal memory. I have seen posts saying that to bypass the kitkat SD card restrictions you have to edit platform.xml but other posts have said to edit the build.prop file. Which one is right?
12th June 2014, 10:00 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanziBaby

I am also interested in knowing about this, before kitkat big games would store the additional downloaded game files on the microSD card saving space on the internal memory. I have seen posts saying that to bypass the kitkat SD card restrictions you have to edit platform.xml but other posts have said to edit the build.prop file. Which one is right?

Indeed it seems as if editing platform.xml could solve this. Please refer to this thread for a tool that automates the process of editing platform.xml.
12th June 2014, 10:39 PM |#4  
Flag Ormond Beach, FL
Thanks Meter: 103

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_finity

Indeed it seems as if editing platform.xml could solve this. Please refer to this thread for a tool that automates the process of editing platform.xml.

I can confirm this app works on KitKat devices. Used it on my LG with no ill affects.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)