[3/7/09] No more ROMs. Last available: 23001 16 & 20 key.

Search This thread

trjons

Nov 6, 2006
Sorry for not reading all 21 pages but does this ROM work on Neon 300 Touch Dual (GSM)?

randomelements

Sep 1, 2006
Milton Regis
OK, you're gonna hate me for this ;)

I've done a 16key 2G revision 2 which includes SmartLock (I've replaced the Backlight icon in Settings with it)

Check the 23001 folder from the OP.

Rataplan

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 2, 2008
New dyke
OK, you're gonna hate me for this ;)

I've done a 16key 2G revision 2 which includes SmartLock (I've replaced the Backlight icon in Settings with it)

Check the 23001 folder from the OP.

Haha I don't hate you for this but again you keep me out of my bed I think I never find a cure for my flashing addict.
Downloading your rev now and keep you informed. :)

alderik

Jul 2, 2008
hi randomelements, currently I am testing your 23001, 3g, 16key on my Niki200. Unfortunately, Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit, SP2 doesn't recognize it :(
getting Networking error 608, even, if I am unticking the "enable faster data synchronization" under the usb to pc setting.
I also deactivated my Norton Internet Security 360 V3.0.
Maybe, that's due to your usage of netCF 3.5?
I didn't have this problem with the Rom 21815 from NemanjaLO (3G, full).

Please, someone help!
Alderik

Last edited:

randomelements

Sep 1, 2006
Milton Regis
Looks like my SMS issue was a one off - all ok since I flashed rev2 ;)

By the way - don't forget you need to soft reset after changing the settings in SmartLock.

hviviers75

Feb 24, 2009
Struglling to update touch dual with this rom

My problem is I start the update then as soon as the phone restarts after the first phaze of the updating process then the computer does not recognize the phone then the updates fails what must I do to be able to do this update? Please help me.:confused:

alderik

Jul 2, 2008
@RE: thanks for your help!
I did the hard-reset, still had the problem. I also uninstalled the windows mobile device center and its drivers, rebooted, still the problem.
Unticking the "enable faster data synchronization" under the usb to pc setting followed by a soft reset didn't help either.
Any ideas?

Alderik

randomelements

Sep 1, 2006
Milton Regis
@RE: thanks for your help!
I did the hard-reset, still had the problem. I also uninstalled the windows mobile device center and its drivers, rebooted, still the problem.
Unticking the "enable faster data synchronization" under the usb to pc setting followed by a soft reset didn't help either.
Any ideas?

Alderik

You could try manually removing the partnership info in WMDC and then try to reconnect.

This is a strange one.

randomelements

Sep 1, 2006
Milton Regis
My problem is I start the update then as soon as the phone restarts after the first phaze of the updating process then the computer does not recognize the phone then the updates fails what must I do to be able to do this update? Please help me.:confused:

I'll answer here instead of by PM so others can chip in.

We need some info:
- what desktop OS, which determines
- activesync or WMDC
- what error do you get
- have you tried manually putting the device in bootloader mode (turn it off, then hold in the camera button when switching back on)
- have you been through the stickies regarding unlocking, HardSPL etc?

hviviers75

Feb 24, 2009
I'll answer here instead of by PM so others can chip in.

We need some info:
- what desktop OS, which determines
- activesync or WMDC
- what error do you get
- have you tried manually putting the device in bootloader mode (turn it off, then hold in the camera button when switching back on)
- have you been through the stickies regarding unlocking, HardSPL etc?

I use windows xp sp3 with active sync I get this error, (262) Update error the rom update has encountered communication errors during the update process. No I have not tried that, how will it work then must I just run the update procedure again? It has got spl 1.22 as far as I know.

randomelements

Sep 1, 2006
Milton Regis
With the device in bootloader mode it uses different drivers so check that the bootloader screen does say USB when you plug it in - if not you may need to remove/reinstall activesync.

If it does say USB on the bootloader screen yes you just run the updater again.

It could even be worth using a different USB port on the PC to get windows to completely redetect the device.

Last edited:

Rataplan

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 2, 2008
New dyke
I've done a 16key 2G revision 2 which includes SmartLock

Most of the times it's working ok, just a little bit disturbing nitrogen-player.
I've tried all functions but most of the time I'm using the normal WM 6.5 lock.

About this rom I didn't found any issue's it fast and stable did have a small issue with a phonecall but I think that was my provider.

Thanks for all yours rom, I think this will be my last test :(

randomelements

Sep 1, 2006
Milton Regis
What issues were you having with SmartLock and Nitrogen? I presume it relates to blanking the screen.

Shame it'll be your last test :( but I'd like to say a big thanks for sticking with it and for all your feedback - it's greatly appreciated. And thanks for always spreading the word :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lifespark - thanks for the contribution :)

bluemetallic - as far as keyboards/xt9 is concerned only the english (0409) stuff is included. As I use BJK's EZInput 1.5 you could download and install the specific language pack (see here).