|WWE|D|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |July 4| 21916|29022 Sense 2019 / 2.1 / Titanium

Search This thread
Dec 4, 2008
Collected issues/bugs in build 60509 (Standard) - Part 3

------------------------ PART THREE ------------------------

31 - Contacts softkey opens WM contact list, not HTC contact list.
State: unfixed
I guess that could be intended for WM Titanium mode, but not for TF3Dv2. Maybe it can be fixed...

32 - TF3Dv2 Programs Panel - Shortcuts without icons on "All Programs"
- Shortcut of "Device Lock"
- Shortcut of "Registry Editor"
- Shortcut of "Task Manager" - only low resolution
Additionally many icons are not the same as in Start menu - not a consistent look of the rom.

33 - HTC contact list - entries with white letters
After pre-selecting a letter with the "quick-pick" bar on the right, some contacts in the contact list have white letters/text (scroll and you'll see) - not readable! I have about 45 contacts in my list.

34 - HTC contact details - Video Call does not work
When pressing Menu(Softkey)/Video Call the phone dials only "+49" (country code for germany)... even if you select a number of the contact using the HW up/down keys.

35 - HTC contact details - HW up/down keys stop working

When exceeding the bottom screen border using the HW up/down keys AND manual scrolling down (because still not working automatically), the HW keys stop working. But that happens more often on "large" contacts (at least with 2 phone numbers), than on smaller ones. In WM contact details the HW keys work fine. But not in HTC contact details!

36 - HTC contact details - Scrolling down with touchscreen often lags
Often it is not possible to scroll down by touchscreen. Needs more than 5-7 attempts until it scrolls down!! But if you concentrate the vertical finger movement on a smaller area in the middle of the screen, it works better, but then it's often interpreted as "keypress" and starts dialing or whatever is hit!!! The touch area seems to be to small in vertical axis - although the touchmenu at the screen bottom works fine! There seems to be a kind of separation area between the to areas, that does not respond on touching it! Really annoying...

37 - HTC contact details - Send Message button sometimes not working
The button Send Message does not work all the time. Nothing happens! But only if it is at screen bottom. When a contact has 3 phone numbers, Send Message is on 4th position. Then often it does not work. Nothing happens! But if you hit it a bit higher or if it is on center of screen it works. But sometimes it opens SMS Inbox AND "compose SMS" screen - should only open the last one! "First" issue seems to have the same cause like the previous issue - touch areas not perfect! "Second" issue... don't know...

Last edited:

sandervanzijl

Jan 14, 2008
wow, that is a long list.

I hope our chef is not discouraged by this list.
i will stay with his previous build for now. that one is actually very good. it needs some tweaks but then it works fine.

so please verybody show a lot of appreciation with a thumbs up!!!

AyCaramba

May 31, 2009
I've installed the new rom this morning, and i'm still amazed :) it's just awesome... Although all these little issues are present, they're not disturbing.

Only thing that I would like to add: On the chat view of sms conversations long sms are cut, and there's no way reading the whole message but tapping "forward msg" and view it in the editor mode.

But i'm sure that's going to be fixed soon. Again, awesome rom, keep on with it!!!! :D

oh and I agree with the point of including all these tweaks and tools and apps without ability to remove them should be reviewed.

Thanks a lot for all the hard work

Zogito

Apr 17, 2009
well i finaly rolled back to the previous version...At least it was stable...I was forced to do 2 hard resets in 2 hours just because of my phone being crashed....

Dec 4, 2008
Only thing that I would like to add: On the chat view of sms conversations long sms are cut, and there's no way reading the whole message but tapping "forward msg" and view it in the editor mode.

But i'm sure that's going to be fixed soon. Again, awesome rom, keep on with it!!!! :D
Are you sure, that you have flashed build 60509 and not 60109? That issue was fixed for me on current build. It would be curious if it varies on different devices! :eek: Please check again and I will keep an eye on it on my device...

thedude2004

Jan 6, 2008
Liverpool
Been using this rom for a while now after its initial release and found it to be excellent, best rom i have found so far and only the occasional little hiccup.

The bugs I have encountered are that sometimes manilla hangs (tF3d2) and requires a reboot, similar with the taskbar, it vanished on me once but i have not been able to reproduce the effect. The start menu honycomb works very nicely and so far i have only noticed it mess up once and it moved the icons up a little so the top row was under the task bar but this may have been compatibility issues with Flip_IT, which incidentally works very well with this rom.

My only gripe is that the battery level seems very innacurate draining very quickly to about 50%, then goin reasonably until about 35% then going back up to aabout 45%, but i think this is a problem with the battery itself I think i have probably overcharged it and not been completely flattening the battery.

Im going to update to the latest version now and let you know how it goes,
Big gratz to the chef on an awesome rom :)

Rafael1000

Dec 9, 2007
Paris
The bug with Lock in this new rom is the worst for me... Please NRG, make us an update as soon as you can !

PS: Buid 21806 is up !

Thx in advance

loomx

Apr 7, 2005
This rom is brilliant, but the memory usage is too much. Currently I have cleanram purging the memory every 3 hours which helps...

Gwes.exe starts out using over 15meg! and ends up going over 25!

albeit123

Dec 5, 2006
This is a great ROM ever since it was created. I have had every version of it. The latest version 2009 6 05 , however, missing bluetooth icon on the top in the today menu when the bluetooth is on. Thank you, Al

awtas

Jun 4, 2009
Time Zone problem

Hi.
First of all great job. I like your ROM.
unfortunately I have one problem with the device.
In the time settings I set it to GMT-5 (US Eastern) then clock went off by one hour.
Then I wen I went to the world clock and re adjusted a time it flipped time zone to GMT-4 (La Paz).
If I change the time zone (city to NYC US which is GMT-5)then it goes off by one hour again.
Under the settings/phone/time zones/ "Automatic change time zone..." is unchecked.
Is that a bug?

Last edited:

shiftlocked

Apr 5, 2009
Ill follow on from everyone here a great little rom. Just having a few problems with it on my UK HTC Touch diamond.

I hate threads where people just ***** so ill try and be a bit constructive. Im more than aware it might just be me :D

Wifi turns itself off all the time, as in you tell it to be on, connect to a network and then in an instant its off again.

GPS seems to be a no goer for me

Pressing back on an opening app takes you to the first screen menu and not the start screen, a little annoyin to go and have to do an extra click.

The main problem tho is the home screen displaying the last screens content. Ie say I click start and then click the home button, the icons from the start screen are showing. Ill give it a nudge and see what happens.

That being said loving the layout and the icon setup. Very nice

NRGZ28

Retired Senior Mod & Senior RD
Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
wow, that is a long list.

I hope our chef is not discouraged by this list.
i will stay with his previous build for now. that one is actually very good. it needs some tweaks but then it works fine.

so please verybody show a lot of appreciation with a thumbs up!!!

Oh yeah... I'm actually very discouraged by it. 2/3rd of those "bugs" or issues I can't do anything about. They're either bugs in Manila, the OS itself or simply because your Diamonds dont have enough RAM.

That's all because I'm a "little" perfectionist... like NRG is for sure... aren't you man?! :rolleyes: :D

I am.. somewhat.. but not as much as you are. I asked for a FAQ list, not a complete tear down of every single defect with the OS. You guys have to remember that windows mobile is not perfect from the get go. Most of things listed in there are not ROM specific at all.

Anyway... I've give up on this ROM. It just isn't happening... not enough RAM is killing you guys for this ROM. I'd make a light rom or something, but that' just not my style. PLUS the added burden of cooking this blindly, is taking its toll on the bug list it seems. If anybody has a spare/broken Diamond I can borrow for a little while, I can continue devving for the Diamond, otherwise.... sorry guys. I tried... Not to mention the really loud complaining voices I hear everytime I post a new ROM. For it to be met with stuff like "what a waste of my free time this ROM was" (by the way... "suge-o")... just puts my morale down when it comes to this ROM.

The bug with Lock in this new rom is the worst for me... Please NRG, make us an update as soon as you can !

PS: Buid 21806 is up !

Thx in advance

Build 21806 blows.. I will not be updating any of my ROMs with that :)

Last edited:

ghafarpour

Jun 14, 2008
Tehran
is gsensor sdk included? screen rotation doesn't occur for, e.g. the htc calculator.

opera rotates fine though.

do I need to install a screen rotation app such as changeScreen or flip it?

Edit: I installed the diamond2 g-sensor found on xda (sensor sdk 4 I think) and everything works. I have also install BsB G-Config for setting up a white list

i have this problem too

Zommy

May 28, 2009
Hello,

I've tried to install this ROM several times now but it keeps on crashing at certain points when i change something in the configuration or install additional programs.

It just hangs on startups or during applications and i can't get it to work then anymore not even with resets. I've uploaded the rom several times now but it's a recurring issue it seems.

I got tired of re-flashing so i installed a different rom now. Your ROM looks really great and it has a lot of nice programs in it but i guess it didn't work out for me.

prelaki

Feb 24, 2008
I think most of us know that manilla2 and wimo 6.5 are not stable and cause a lot of errors that you cannot do anything about.
We know this and are still very happy to use and test your roms.
Despite the (mostly minor) errors, they are much better then stock roms.

And for those that really need to complain about the errors (that you warned us about very often), let them just revert back to a stable rom or a stock rom and dont spoil our fun with flashing a ferrari rom based on brandnew functionality.

I love your ROM, but can understand that you are getting tired of it, but please promise to come back when Wimo 6.5 and manila 2 become stable.

Dec 4, 2008
Hi.
First of all great job. I like your ROM.
unfortunately I have one problem with the device.
In the time settings I set it to GMT-5 (US Eastern) then clock went off by one hour.
Then I wen I went to the world clock and re adjusted a time it flipped time zone to GMT-4 (La Paz).
If I change the time zone (city to NYC US which is GMT-5)then it goes off by one hour again.
Under the settings/phone/time zones/ "Automatic change time zone..." is unchecked.
Is that a bug?
That's on my Issue-List... seems to be a WM or HTC bug...

Oh yeah... I'm actually very discouraged by it. 2/3rd of those "bugs" or issues I can't do anything about. They're either bugs in Manila, the OS itself or simply because your Diamonds dont have enough RAM.
------
I am.. somewhat.. but not as much as you are. I asked for a FAQ list, not a complete tear down of every single defect with the OS. You guys have to remember that windows mobile is not perfect from the get go. Most of things listed in there are not ROM specific at all.

Hi NRG,

it makes me really sad, that my list has discouraged you that much, but I can understand you to cast doubt on continuing the ROM. :( And no, it really is not a FAQ list (sorry!) :eek:, but I thought such a collection would make it easier to keep an eye on the (constructive) user/testing-feedback and the current state of the ROM. :rolleyes: In fact it really is a long list and sure... you are right when saying that many of the issues are caused by WM, HTC or even the blind cooking (and so I've never expected that you can fix everything :eek:) - however, you did a really great job til now :D and again, I would not blame you for stopping development on this ROM, although it would be a shame :D :rolleyes:.

BTW: You could post just a "short" comment, that issues a, b and c etc. are not your business to fix 'em, and that would be OK! We would understand, and (hopefully!) stop complaining about them! But at first somebody has to tell us, what you maybe can fix and what you can't. ;) That's all about it... :eek:

So please keep on cooking (only if you really want to) and I hope some other guys will think about it and stop just complaining, but start to be more constuctive! When you guys (that have shouted "here" for beta-testing) test something and it goes wrong, then try at first to find out what you have done, that could be a reason for that failure (wrong tweaking or flashing, wrong additional cabs, wrong usage)! And try to reproduce it!!! Nobody said beta-testing is a quick/easy job!!! And after that you can start blaming other people and complaining on bugs... :rolleyes: ;)

xmidt

Mar 19, 2009
Porto
I don't have much experience using cooked roms. So far I've been using 53009 for a few days I'm liking it a lot. I found some bugs, not really sure if they've been fixed in the latest updates. I'll wait for the next ENERGY ROM before flashing my Diamond again, I suppose it will come with SYS 21806. Here are some of the bugs I've found:

• Sometimes messages app shows up while device is locked
  • Dialler keeps changing between two different types of dialler (is it my imagination?)
  • I activated auto lock, but during a call it locks itself and I have to unlock it manually and I have to press the answer button to bring back the dialler to shut down the call.

I may have found some more minor bugs but I don't remember any at this time. Just want to let the cook know that I'm loving this ROM. Keep up the good work

PS: Yesterday phone crashed while receiving an SMS. Don't know if it's the ROM fault, it never happened to me before.

Thanks and good bye

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CookieClassicHome.png
    DinikHome.png
    SencityHome.png
    TOGHome.png
    GtXHome.png

This post features all the Cookie Hometab based ROMs I make.

The original ROM is the "energy" version and that's a good starting point. All the rest, are themes applied to that ROM.
    They all come with
    Cookie 2.0 (the ROM filename will be labeled "Cookie.2.0, plus the name of the theme)

You can see more screenshots of these ROMs a couple of posts down.

The two Cookie versions look pretty similar, but Cookie 2.0 has multiple sliding homescreens/freely moveable widgets (similar to Android) and
    quite a few more features and speed.

My own 'Energy' style

• This is the best ROM version and the way Sense should have been designed by HTC
    • Offers the biggest customization ability out of all versions. You can add/remove bars or items on the homescreen, arrange items any way you like, plus lots of extra features
    • Three built in lockscreens. "HD Mini" style, Manila style or Windows style
    • 3 pages of quicklinks with a configurable amount of shortcuts displayed
    • 3 Homescreen layouts to choose from, as seen in the above screenshots, all completely customizable !
    • Link to the original thread for this mod is here > Click <
    Dinik's "Anastasia"
    • This ROM series is skinned with Dinik's great "Anastasia" theme applied on everything.
    • Everything has been skinned, including Sense, the start menu items, the soft keyboard, parts of the dialer... etc
    _LeCiel_'s ".sencity"

• This ROM is themed with the .sencity theme released by _LeCiel_ who is a very talented artist ! Please support his work if possible.
    • .sencity is not %100 complete yet, but _LeCiel_ is working hard on finishing his work to completely skin the entire ROM.
    DJC & Bobsbbq's "Touch Of Glass"
    • This ROM series is skinned with DJC's "Touch of Glass" theme throughout Sense and the Start Menu
    • More will be skinned as DJC continues his work on the theme in the future...
    ElCondor's "GTX"

• This ROM has the white GTX theme applied
    • Android styled taskbar, matching dialer, matching start menu background and Action screen background
    • GTX is a total reskin of the operating system, so expect a very different (white) experience

EnergyStandard.png
    MaxSense.png
    Titanium.png

MaxManila%203%20Fold.png
    ROMs mostly created for enthusiasts...

'Energy'

• This series retains the stock functionality of the Sense UI. The files have been compressed by "CFC" compression. making the UI lighter and faster
    • This ROM still retains my theme and style, plus all the regular apps you find in my ROMs.
    • There are no homescreen addon-ons in this ROM. The best speed and the most stock functionality.

MaxSense UI (android style homescreen)

• This is a complete rewrite of the Sense homescreen, by maxycy.
    • It features a 3 screen, Android style, homescreen with widgets! The widgets can be placed ANYWHERE on the three screens.
    • 75 Quicklink accessible on all tabs
    • You should really visit the original thread for this mod shown on the next line to see all the features!
    • Link to the original thread for this mod is here > Click <.
    Titanium (ROMs for raw speed!)

• This is a minimal ROM version without Sense in it. It's used primarily for people that like to customize the default 6.5 homescreen (Titanium)
    • You can use it to install alternate homescreen interfaces like SPB Mobile Shell, etc
    • Very low memory footprint and good battery life, but very simple and lacks a lot of features that you would otherwise have available in Sense...

Click the following link for addons, XDA_UC help and various cabs specific to this ROM series

Welcome to the "EnergyROM" thread !

This development thread is for my "Energy" custom firmware series for the HTC Diamond device.

The current build numbers and date can be seen in the title of this thread. I usually update the ROMs about twice a week, as new builds come down the pipe or as new software/updates are available.

I build my ROMs with four main goals.

• Eye candy ( I want my ROM to look great and for it to all flow together nicely)
    • Speed !!!
    • Smoothness, consistency and good aesthetics
    • Stability through private beta testing before public release

I pre-configure a lot of things in my ROM, because when I flash it on my phone, I want it ready to go. So, expect the backlight to be set at the maximum brightness, the ringtone, sms/email and other notifications to already be set. Doing it this way, makes for a nice ROM that's ready out of the box.

I recommend learning to backup your settings with either Sashimi or UC (User Customization). Backing up with SPB Backup or similar products, is NOT recommended, as they tend to backup the previous release's registry/file bugs as well!

Looking at the download folder you will find two core versions of my ROM.

• The 21916 Build which is the most reliable, fast and bug free release. It has the Start menu button at the top left corner just like a stock ROM. I recommend you start with this first! :)

• The 29022 Build that's the latest in the 6.5.3 series with the Start menu button at the bottom left corner and big softkeys. These builds reflect the latest cutting edge technology from Microsoft. These are also much more finger friendly throughout.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can stay up to date on the status of my ROM development by "following" me on Twitter.

It's definitely the fastest way to get in touch with me and please don't be afraid to tweet me if you see major issues with the ROMs.
    I generally do not answer "support" questions on Twitter, as it's really not the proper medium for that. Service packs and quick fixes will always be released as links in my tweets and that's definitely the fastest way to get a fix for a ROM.

To follow me on twitter, click here!

Action Screen Replacement

Hey guys,

I've been making some new Action Screens for the HTC Touch Pro based on NRG's themes, and since Diamond is VGA too, I wanted to share them with you. Instead of having 9 icons, I inserted 3 more to add more functionality to it.

I didn't test it in any Diamond because I don't have one, but I'm almost sure it's going to work. ;)

Instructions and files can be found here.

Hope you enjoy. ;)

attachment.php
    Posting a fresh Cookie 2.0 23699 ROM for you guys to test. Can some PLEASE download it and let me know if it boots, so I can build the other ones ? Thanks :)
    thks

I just LOOOVE your ROMs !! tanks :D