[ROM]RUU_Vision_HTC_WWE_1.72.405.2_Radio_12.28e.60.140f _26.04.02.17_M2_release

Search This thread

steviewevie

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 28, 2009
UK
Thanks. Looks like exactly the same radio version as from the Egypt ROM, and a slightly "older" main ROM, but then that's still a lot later than the stock European ROM and this is a WWE one too.

As usual, bear in mind the usual warnings if you try any of this out.

keinengel

Dec 7, 2009
Downloading, but it'll be awhile (3G modem)... steviewevie, could you tell me what CID this is for?

keinengel

Dec 7, 2009
Still not rooted, trying hard to stay away from hacking my phone this time :)

Later edit with self-reply:
Code:
HTC__001
HTC__032
HTC__E11
HTC__203
HTC__Y13
HTC__102
HTC__405
HTC__304
HTC__A07
HTC__N34
HTC__J15

Last edited:

prinzhernan

Sep 3, 2010
It's not an older ruu! It's the newer! The latest one we have is 1.34. This one is 1.72! And it has the latest radio like the egypt one!

boyfrom75

Jan 6, 2008
NEW YORK
Can I install this room in recovery mode...ONLY .. because my phone do not boot-up.... So the ADB is disabled and the phone do not work... I only have access to recovery mode...
PLUS the phone is NOT rooted...

I broke my phone trying to Permroot with Visionary now In stuck on the HTC logo, I tried everything from factory Reset to installing the G2 stock ROM with out positive results.

How do I install this room using my SD card and Recovery mode ?

My HBOOT screens says the following

VISION PVT SHIP S-ON
HBOOT- 0.82.0000
MICROP-0425
RADIO-26.03.02.26_M
eMMc-boot
Sep 2 2010, 17:59:38

prinzhernan

Sep 3, 2010
Can someone reupload this elsewhere? I can't seem to get a slot to download it. I want this! Me --> stock sense fanboy. :D

prinzhernan

Sep 3, 2010
Can I install this room in recovery mode...ONLY .. because my phone do not boot-up.... So the ADB is disabled and the phone do not work... I only have access to recovery mode...

I broke my phone trying to Permroot with Visionary now In stuck on the HTC logo, I tried everything from factory Reset to installing the G2 stock ROM with out positive results.

How do I install this room using my SD card and Recovery mode ?

My HBOOT screens says the following

VISION PVT SHIP S-ON
HBOOT- 0.82.0000
MICROP-0425
RADIO-26.03.02.26_M
eMMc-boot
Sep 2 2010, 17:59:38

Yes you can install a RUU in recovery mode as long as it detects your usb connection. I tried it with my regular desire before.

DrLabRatOry

Nov 11, 2010
Allentown, PA

Unfortunately, no. Assuming you have a TMO G2, this will fail due to CID lock. Welcome to the "screwed by VISIONary" club. Its a growing group, unfortunately. We need a TMO RUU, which doesn't exist yet.

prinzhernan

Sep 3, 2010
Unfortunately, no. Assuming you have a TMO G2, this will fail due to CID lock. Welcome to the "screwed by VISIONary" club. Its a growing group, unfortunately. We need a TMO RUU, which doesn't exist yet.
Oh yeah sorry about that. Didn't see that he had a G2.

P.S. Can someone please upload this to a place other than file factory? I can't seem to get a download slot, been trying for the past few hours.

Last edited:

hjlow

Jan 18, 2007
Oh yeah sorry about that. Didn't see that he had a G2.

P.S. Can someone please upload this to a place other than file factory? I can't seem to get a download slot, been trying for the past few hours.

i will upload to my blog in a few minutes..

edit: upload started, should be done in a few minutes

Last edited:

keinengel

Dec 7, 2009
I don't think anyone had the chance to check out the battery life on this thing in the 17 hours it has been online.

Do you have S-OFF? If so, you can download the RUU, run it, copy the rom.zip from the temp folder and extract it somewhere handy. Make a nandroid backup from recovery and then flash boot.img, system.img and userdata.img (and probably also the two tp_ files) using fastboot. Mind you, this is a stock ROM, which means it won't be rooted.

steviewevie

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 28, 2009
UK
It's not an older ruu! It's the newer! The latest one we have is 1.34. This one is 1.72! And it has the latest radio like the egypt one!

That's what I meant, sorry for not being clear. The number is "older" than that in the Egypt ROM, but this is a WWE ROM so it's newer than 1.34 of course.

Installing this ROM could make your phone unrootable/un-S-OFFable, though.

keinengel

Dec 7, 2009
Since the Egypt img files are only 20 hours newer than the WWE ones in this RUU and the first ruu we have is 1.34.405 could the third set of numbers be an indication of the distribution area?

Further info, from here: (taken from http://www.htc.com/europe/support.aspx?type=Others)
The new Build number after the update will be 2.73.405.93 (EU); 2.73.405.94 (TELNOR Denmark); 2.73.405.95 (Greece/ Ireland); 2.73.411.90(Russia); 2.73.495.90(Ukraine); 2.73.468.90(Turkey); 2.73.1100.90(Belgium)

So I'm guessing 405 actually indicates the language pack/intended area of distribution.

Last edited:
Reactions: steviewevie

steviewevie

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 28, 2009
UK
Reactions: delbarta

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since the Egypt img files are only 20 hours newer than the WWE ones in this RUU and the first ruu we have is 1.34.405 could the third set of numbers be an indication of the distribution area?

Further info, from here: (taken from http://www.htc.com/europe/support.aspx?type=Others)
    The new Build number after the update will be 2.73.405.93 (EU); 2.73.405.94 (TELNOR Denmark); 2.73.405.95 (Greece/ Ireland); 2.73.411.90(Russia); 2.73.495.90(Ukraine); 2.73.468.90(Turkey); 2.73.1100.90(Belgium)

So I'm guessing 405 actually indicates the language pack/intended area of distribution.

Looks like it. Thanks, great info ! :)
    Okay, so based on your guys' experience, would this work?

1. I root my phone using gfree and get radio S-OFF
    2. Do a nandroid backup :D
    3a. I flash system, userdata and boot from fastboot
    3b. If above fails, flash ENG SPL from a custom recovery (I can pack the nb0 or img together with a flashing script as a zip and self-sign it) and retry.
    4. Use the custom recovery mount /system, push su to xbin or sbin (which?) and superuser.apk to /system/app an then chmod su to 755.
    5. Profit!

I'm not really sure what the difference between Radio S-OFF and ENG S-OFF is. Does the first one only remove the write-protect from the system partitions, or does it also enable remote fastboot commands (i.e. fastboot USB), thus rendering ENG SPL useless?

I'm not 100% sure on your procedure because I haven't tried it like that myself. So I won't comment further on that.

But ENG S-OFF is just the hboot reporting, when asked, that it's in an S-OFF state. So this means that the main partitions (e.g. system) don't get write protected. But it does let you do fast boot, which the SHIP hboot doesn't.

Radio S-OFF is changing the radio configuration partition so that the radio itself is S-OFF, and not just hboot pretending that it is. So that gives more options for recovery from bad situations, e.g. if you flash the stock hboot on you will still have S-OFF.

Radio S-OFF lets you fully unlock your phone. You don't need the ENG hboot for that. But flashing the ENG hboot is useful because it gives you full fastboot access. However, you should always flash the ENG hboot *after* you have achieved radio S-OFF via gfree, for safety.
    Yes,but if you flash this you can`t get Root and S-Off at the moment!