[KERNEL LIST] Galaxy S I9000 Custom KERNEL List [08.05.2011]

[Poll] Which kernel is the best?

• Total voters
Search This thread

K4P1

Sep 6, 2010
Rovaniemi
This is a list of custom kernels, not ROMs and there are kernels that aren't listed here yet (either new kernels or newer versions), so be patient - I'll try to update ASAP (or when I feel like it ;) )
It is meant for people who want's to find out what kind of different kernels there are in XDA forums and then users are able download/install kernel that he/she wants to try out.
This is not about comparison of kernels (but you can vote the best kernel), just a simple list of links to kernels and some basic info about those - so users don't need to search the whole 'Galaxy S I9000 Android Development' thread to find suitable kernel.

Thanks for feedback and updates. You can write a reply or send PM if you see new kernels lying around (that are not listed here) or just if you have any questions or so...

NOTE: Me or kernel developers are not responsible any problems caused by installed kernels. By flashing your SGS (or even installing su?) might void warranty.
Before flashing check that your phone can go to download mode.

neldar's post about program for flashing kernel: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=11788580&postcount=17

NOTE: If you need the whole ROM, there is a list of ROMs updated by splish2010
[ROM LIST] Galaxy S I9000 Custom ROM List [DATE] // Gingerbread ROMs //
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=886000

Some important information about the listed items.
The information about listed kernels are stripped due to size limitation of single message and therefore I couldn't include all posible information about each kernels.
Remember to check peroidically this list of kernels from their threads for possible updates (once a day/week/month).

These are Gingerbead kernels. List of Froyo kernels are here
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=13509694&postcount=23

The reason for splitting list to two messages is the limit on one message size.
Remember that some kernels have both Froyo and Gingerbread versions (and some even eiclar), for example [16.04.2011][CF-Root 3.1] JP*,JS*,JQ3,JV1/K/B - su+bb+2e/CWM - rfs+ext4
and that's why it is listed in both lists

Please notify me (pm or whatever) if I have made a mistake and some item should be in other list or both lists

Finally:
The Gingerbread kernel List

ps. Sorry about some problems in links, colors etc...
I edited this list with separate text editor - not in browser.

++++++++++++ [KERNEL][GPL][SECURITY] FuguMod 3.7 (gingerbread JVB) VoodooSndV8++++++++++++

Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=812836
Included in the image are:
- Superuser
- own busybox 1.18.4
- TUN support
-
No more RFS at all (if you want)
- JVB source based
- CWM 3.0.0.5
- security fixes
- low latency
- filesystems: jfs, ext2/3/4 (using ext4 driver), reiserfs, rfs (not on Ultra)
- CIFS support
- Voodoo SoundV8
- Preemptive RCU (only on Ultra)

++++++++++++[16.04.2011][CF-Root 3.1] JP*,JS*,JQ3,JV1/K/B - su+bb+2e/CWM - rfs+ext4 ++++++++++++
NOTE! This kernel is listed in both Gingerbread and Foyo lists
Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=788108
This rooted kernel is for the "rooting beginners" and those who want to keep as close to stock as possible. CF-Root takes the kernel from an original Samsung firmware, and just adds root, busybox, unprotected recovery, and CWM compatibility.

If you are looking for highly optimized kernels or kernels that perform specific functions, look elsewhere. All CF-Root's are based on original Samsung kernels, they are NOT recompiled, and thus ensure maximum compatibility.

THIS IS NOT A ROM - it is only a kernel. You need to have a firmware already on your device. You do NOT need to wipe anything for this patch. You DO need to read the instructions.

MAKE SURE YOUR PHONE CAN ENTER DOWNLOAD MODE USING THE KEYCOMBINATION WHILE BOOTING BEFORE FLASHING CF-ROOT (or anything, really)

Donate
There have now been over 200.000 downloads of CF-Root and many more if you include ROMs, kernels, ect that use it. Don't be a leech, buy me a beer (and use the "Thanks" button!)

Features
- The kernel is fully stock and taken from the original firmware, with just the following added:
- Root
- Superuser 2.3.6.1
FROYO ( CF-Root < 2.4 versions )
---- Busybox 1.15.3 or 1.17.1 (if not mentioned in the filename it is 1.15.3)
---- "2e" recovery (can flash unsigned update.zip's)
---- Integrated fix for ClockworkMod's nandroid (2.5.0.4+)
GINGERBREAD ( CF-Root >= 2.4 versions, JVK and newer )
---- Busybox v1.16.2androidminimal (from CWM)
---- Integrated CWM 3.0.0.5 / RFS

++++++++++++ [KERNEL][CM7][05/05/11]Glitch V7C - 1.5GHz OC/UV,Voodoo Sound/Color,2.3.4 compat[16.04.2011] ++++++++++++

Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1041532
Glitch Kernels

These kernels are provided as-is without warranty. I'm not responsible for any problem you can encounter with your phone or if your cat suddenly dies.
Although, don't expect support even if I will eventually help since I love cats.

Note : These kernels are only compatible with CM7 and MIUI roms !
Overview :
- Up to 1.5GHz CPU OC and 247MHz GPU OC (Thanks morfic)
- Undervolting using Pimp my CPU or Voltage Control
- Voodoo Sound & Voodoo Color (Thanks Supercurio)
- FPS uncap (from 56 to 66) from JPX source Reverted for now.
- Various tweaks for more smoothness and reliability
CHANGELOGS IN #2 POST
++++++++++++ [KERNEL] SpeedMod Gingerbread [K15D-T4 TEST 334MB RAM / K15C SharpnessFix PREVIEW] ++++++++++++
Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1044519
Hi guys,

This is a basic test version of the SpeedMod kernel for Gingerbread.

This kernel is for the International Galaxy S GT-I9000

This kernel has NO LAGFIX support yet. Please UNDO LAGFIXES before flashing this kernel.
There is also no built-in CWM Recovery yet.

For now it has:
- MDNIE Sharpness Fix and some color tuning
- FM Radio sound fixes based on Voodoo Sound
- TinyRCU
- Conservative CPU governor for better battery life
- Volume level fixes
- Startup script tweaks
- Disabled Android Debug Logger / logcat
- Updated to jhash3
- HZ=300
- Improvements to sound quality: 128x oversampling, disable DRC and de-emphasis
- Compiled with O3 optimizations using latest codesourcery 2010.09 toolchain

I'll implement the SpeedMod Froyo features bit by bit as I have the time to.

TEST VERSION: K15D-T4:
- With 334MB RAM
- Fixes front camera problem
- Disabled kernel debug logs / printk
++++++++++++[kernel] CM7 2.3.4 kernel(s) OCUV-SOUND-COLOR-ETC 04/05 ++++++++++++
Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=979206
Fat visible download link http://kang.project-voodoo.org/Disclaimer:
These kernels are provided as-is without any warranty. I'm not here to provide support etc although I might when I'm able, but don't count on it. If your phone explode, it's your problem. Updates are not guaranteed as well.
rolleyes.gif

I made a thread only so that it doesn't get lost in spam and have pms asking where to find it
redface.gif

What's included
  • Sometimes: testing stuff from teamhacksung before it goes into their stable upstream​
  • Various tweaks: such as JPX screen timings, Haptic feedback and general vibration intensity slightly reduced (integrated upstream)​
  • Voodoo sound patch
  • Voodoo color patch
  • Led notification: Now integrated upstream​
  • Extra governors: Smartass, Interactive They're not that good.​
  • Overclock/Undervoltage: I use -125mV@100mhz and 1.2Ghz max and rest default, change voltage with "voltage control" (market). Default settings to 1Ghz.​
  • Easy building system and clear commits: for other devs, and myself too lol​
++++++++++++ [KERNEL][JVB][OC/UV]Talon Kernel Alpha v0.1.4 ++++++++++++
Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1057705
OK, first off, this kernel is SUPER alpha! And I mean, SUPER ALPHA! If you're not experiencing crashes every once in a while, #yourdoinitwrong. Now to the good stuff.

Join us on freenode: #suckerpunch
Huge special thanks to Xcaliburinhand and eXistZ (current co-dev), without them, this kernel wouldn't eXistZ.

Talon Kernel build 0.1.4:
Chainfire's initramfs
CWM 3.0.0.5
Reorient by Xcal
Jhash3
Voodoo Color Fix
Voodoo Sound v8
Wired Headset Support
Audio Dock Support
Battery Polling set to 60s
Set Light Sensor Polling to 1s
SIO Scheduler
Interactive Governor
OC/UV support up to 1.2ghz
Stochastic Fair Blue (SFB) network scheduler
Disabled Android Logger (Logcat) // Not sure how this is a feature, but I'll look into it.
Few Upstream Fixes
CONFIG_HZ=100
341 MB of RAM! ZOMG
More OC/UV levels coming soon

++++++++++++
[KERNEL][CM7/MIUI] 27/04,platypus,Voodoo SOUND&COLOR,OC/UV,SLQB,LED notif,NODEBUG,... ++++++++++++
Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=980495
Features:
* jhash3 for better reliability (data connections)
* Voodoo Sound & Color
* simple i/o scheduler for better speed & performance
* preemptive tree RCU with smaller fanout value (better efficiency, speed & less memory usage with read-write-operations)
* SLQB for more efficient & faster handling of files in memory
* kernel & app security features (fstack-protector, better ASLR, disabled access to DEVKMEM & DEVMEM, ...)
* network security (syncookies; only secure redirects allowed; higher number of outstanding syn requests allowed; disabled warnings for invalid responses to broadcast frames; enabled window scaling; disabled IP dynaddr & ECN; log and drop "martian" packets; protection against: broadcast pings and smurf attacks, redirects for IP source routing, non-secure redirects, DoS (syn-flood) attacks, IP-Spoofing)
* disabled kernel DEBUG & disabled DEBUG in kernel code
* support of more encryption ciphers
* utf8 support (international)
* fixed & improved CFQ i/o scheduler (option)
* BFQ i/o scheduler (option)
* tweaked ondemand governor (raised the min_sample_rate of ondemand cpufreq governor to 9500)
* interactive cpufreq governor (option)
* smartass cpufreq governor (option)
* OC/UV support (option) (thanks to morfic, TheEscapist & bilboa1)
* laststufo's optimized CFLAGS for more speed (kudos & thanks to laststufo !)
* compiled with CodeSourcery 2010.09 toolchain (better code quality, stability & speed)
* CPU (CFS) scheduler optimizations (optimized branch brediction for more speed, low latency, load balancing); tighter scheduler timings for more speed & responsiveness;
* optimized cacheflushs for user apps (speeds up emulators and specific apps)
* optimized OOM (out of memory killer; apps being removed out of memory - when memory is full)
* faster deactivation & reclaim of invalidated pages (memory faster being available again after big file operations)
* vmscan & other fixes (better responsiveness with lots of read/writes & under load)
* ck-patches (patches by Con Kolivas, mm-lru_cache_add_lru_tail for more efficient memory usage)
* optimized writeback handling (less hangs & waits during write operations)
* script: 90screenstate_scaling: lots of CFS, writeback and cpufreq governor tweaks (less cpu ticks, less cpu looping & delayed writeback - better battery runtime)
* script: 89system_tweak: tweaks for faster data throughput; caller ringdelay (1 second); energy savings for CPU in standby mode, energy savings for radio; WIFI scaninterval to 180 seconds
* CONFIG_IKCONFIG=y & CONFIG_IKCONFIG_PROC=y
* CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_MATCH_MULTIPORT & CONFIG_IP_ADVANCED_ROUTER
* Stochastic Fair Blue (SFB) network scheduler for default network scheduler - kudos to the zen-kernel / zen-droid team !
* lots of fixes: fix potential memory corruption in buddy allocator of page allocator; potential lags / hangs / looping; security hole in tipc; potential deadlock in radix-tree
* data safety (2 patches of Nick Piggin's Inode integrity patches)
* [improved battery runtime] delay going tickless when CPU is loaded
* kernel timer at 128 Hz; USER_HZ 150 Hz; HIGH_RES_TIMER 300 Hz
* Google WIFI fix to let the CPU sleep more during non-usage of WIFI
* Wii Remote support (bluetooth profile)
* working kernel modules: ansi_cprng, bcm4329 (WIFI), cifs, scsi_wait_scan, tun
* ext4 stability & data integrity fixes
* LED notification (by bilboa1) (short howto and FAQ)
* removing of the FPS limit (by bilboa1)
* DockSound support
* adjustments to the haptic feedback (by bilboa1)
* higher battery charging temperature [experimental, upstream]
* zram (successor of ramzswap / compcache - swapfile in RAM) [option]
* removed (commented out) several limits from the init scripts
* optimization for sqlite database files (speeding up system & apps)
* optimized conservative & ondemand governors
* [upstream] fixed BUG with ARM and delays during cpufreq switching

* disable FM RDS radio for now - potential battery drain & does not work [less battery drain]
* disable SWAP and zram - zram breaks stuff and enabled SWAP-support might be a battery drain, also disable the xvmalloc [less battery drain]
* enable KSM and uaccess with memcpy
* 1:1 CFLAGS from laststufo (Ultimate SO-Kernel flags) and replacement of soft pipelining with module scheduling (internal compiler error)
* kernel compiled with Thumb instruction set - more efficient (performance) & battery savings
* disable VGA console (broken - compile errors) & disable FRAMEBUFFER CONSOLE (broke lock-screen and stuff)
* practically eliminated all lags - (potentially) lagfree
* tweaks to CFS cpu scheduler
* tweaks to conservative governor script
* improved read & write values (write: 4.3 vs. 7.1; read: 11.7 vs. 16.9)

* allow using LED while screen on [thanks to bilboa1 !]
* working external SD card access
* and everything I might have forgotten​
++++++++++++ [KERNEL] Hacked Lagfix/Ext4 Samsung Galaxy S Gingerbread - JVB, JVH ++++++++++++
Thread:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=975349
Hi!

This is a dev-in-progress Ext4 Kernel based on Voodoo code for Samsung's Gingerbread.

Fixed since last release:
- conversion voices. Bye chipmunk, hello Linda!
- disk-free checks

Todo:
- Well integrated CWM 3.x
- Performance / Smoothness optimizations if any.
Show some support in donation to help a true stable port!
rooting is as easy as installing Superuser from market.
You can control the Ext4 lagfix status with Voodoo control
Kernels are not yet supported, bug reports are now welcome
Dev & hack discussion is always welcome!

More will be added when I see/hear about those.
[/QUOTE]
++++++++++++ DamianGTO Ginger Kernel ++++++++++++
Thread: http://forum.damiangto.org/viewforum.php?f=7&sid=6223c725437676d6742bcc6f40cdc991
This is link to Damian's forum where are discustion about Damian GTO Ginger kernels.
You might need to register to Damiangto.org -forum to view/download kernels.
List of Froyo kernels are here

Last edited:

ragin

Dec 17, 2007
Hubli
Another Sticky material. I hope you keep updating this list for it to remain stickied.

I have rated this thread with 5 stars.

PS : You could actually make sections for 2.1, 2.2, 2.2.1. For example, there are some old 2.1 kernels lying out there that can be helpful to some users. Maybe you can include lagfixes like OCLF with warnings on when & when NOT to use it.

Last edited:
Reactions: migamax

mik93250

Jan 9, 2010
Hey, I've the JS5 firmware and Voodoo 5.4.1 and with Quadrant I've just 1400-1500, can some one says me with which kernel the performances of SGS are the best? but stable too

mik93250

Jan 9, 2010
battery drain isn't really good :s in 1hour I've lost 5% (100% to 95%) :(
ERORRR TOPIC!!

Last edited:

jaiiscool

Jan 30, 2008
Mumbai
jaiparekh.com
Hey, this is an awesome thread,

One suggestion, why don't you put up a voting section so the users can select which kernel they like most. This would be great help for newbies. I personally love speedmod kernel, have been using it ever since I got my SGS in Dec.

Reactions: K4P1

Prasad

Sep 17, 2010
pkamat.com
Have been a hardcore fan of hardcore's SpeedMOD kernel ;) But as of late, I've been experimenting a bit and now I'm torn between DamianGTO's Ultimate kernel and FuguMOD! :D

habylab

Dec 3, 2010
First advanced voodoo, then speedmod, and now on tegraks. Completely different from the rest, unique.

aub_pro

Jan 20, 2010
London
how to flash new kernel?

I have Darkys 9.3 can I flash any kernel? What are the steps? Im so confused on what kernel goes with what rom :s

Shake&Bake

Jan 15, 2009
Cape Town
I have Darkys 9.3 can I flash any kernel? What are the steps? Im so confused on what kernel goes with what rom :s

Best to ask in Darky's thread.
Also all information should be there in the OP. Or ask in the thread of the kernel creator.

If Darky has CWM or 2e recovery, then you should be able to flash as per normal.
Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

neldar

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 4, 2010
twitter.com
This is a collection of links about kernel flashing
@K4P1: maybe you want to include these in your first post.

Tools/Methods for flashing a kernel:
This list is sorted by the required level of skill in usage and by the easiness to break the phone with the particular tool/method... :D

And these are threads with videos that show how to use these tools:
[VIDEO] Samsung Vibrant Video How-To Thread by connexion2005
video tutorials how to flash custom kernels/roms and use ADB for beginners by zolah

And btw could you please add my bln kernels to the list in the op?
The bln kernels do not contain any additional feature beside bln - that is for people who want to enjoy the original samsung feeling but with bln. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: K4P1 and ragin

yonnah

Jan 15, 2011
there is any kernel for gingerbread with voodoo sound enabled ? i updated my sgs to 2.3.3 and i really miss that awesome sound...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a list of custom kernels, not ROMs and there are kernels that aren't listed here yet (either new kernels or newer versions), so be patient - I'll try to update ASAP (or when I feel like it ;) )
    It is meant for people who want's to find out what kind of different kernels there are in XDA forums and then users are able download/install kernel that he/she wants to try out.
    This is not about comparison of kernels (but you can vote the best kernel), just a simple list of links to kernels and some basic info about those - so users don't need to search the whole 'Galaxy S I9000 Android Development' thread to find suitable kernel.

Thanks for feedback and updates. You can write a reply or send PM if you see new kernels lying around (that are not listed here) or just if you have any questions or so...

NOTE: Me or kernel developers are not responsible any problems caused by installed kernels. By flashing your SGS (or even installing su?) might void warranty.
    Before flashing check that your phone can go to download mode.

neldar's post about program for flashing kernel: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=11788580&postcount=17

NOTE: If you need the whole ROM, there is a list of ROMs updated by splish2010
    [ROM LIST] Galaxy S I9000 Custom ROM List [DATE] // Gingerbread ROMs //
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=886000

Some important information about the listed items.
    The information about listed kernels are stripped due to size limitation of single message and therefore I couldn't include all posible information about each kernels.
    Remember to check peroidically this list of kernels from their threads for possible updates (once a day/week/month).

These are Gingerbead kernels. List of Froyo kernels are here

The reason for splitting list to two messages is the limit on one message size.
    Remember that some kernels have both Froyo and Gingerbread versions (and some even eiclar), for example [16.04.2011][CF-Root 3.1] JP*,JS*,JQ3,JV1/K/B - su+bb+2e/CWM - rfs+ext4
    and that's why it is listed in both lists

Please notify me (pm or whatever) if I have made a mistake and some item should be in other list or both lists

Finally:
    The Gingerbread kernel List

++++++++++++ [KERNEL][GPL][SECURITY] FuguMod 3.7 (gingerbread JVB) VoodooSndV8++++++++++++

Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=812836
    Included in the image are:
    - Superuser
    - own busybox 1.18.4
    - TUN support
    -
    No more RFS at all (if you want)
    - JVB source based
    - CWM 3.0.0.5
    - security fixes
    - low latency
    - filesystems: jfs, ext2/3/4 (using ext4 driver), reiserfs, rfs (not on Ultra)
    - CIFS support
    - Voodoo SoundV8
    - Preemptive RCU (only on Ultra)

++++++++++++[16.04.2011][CF-Root 3.1] JP*,JS*,JQ3,JV1/K/B - su+bb+2e/CWM - rfs+ext4 ++++++++++++
    This rooted kernel is for the "rooting beginners" and those who want to keep as close to stock as possible. CF-Root takes the kernel from an original Samsung firmware, and just adds root, busybox, unprotected recovery, and CWM compatibility.

If you are looking for highly optimized kernels or kernels that perform specific functions, look elsewhere. All CF-Root's are based on original Samsung kernels, they are NOT recompiled, and thus ensure maximum compatibility.

THIS IS NOT A ROM - it is only a kernel. You need to have a firmware already on your device. You do NOT need to wipe anything for this patch. You DO need to read the instructions.

MAKE SURE YOUR PHONE CAN ENTER DOWNLOAD MODE USING THE KEYCOMBINATION WHILE BOOTING BEFORE FLASHING CF-ROOT (or anything, really)

Donate
    There have now been over 200.000 downloads of CF-Root and many more if you include ROMs, kernels, ect that use it. Don't be a leech, buy me a beer (and use the "Thanks" button!)

Features
    - The kernel is fully stock and taken from the original firmware, with just the following added:
    - Root
    - Superuser 2.3.6.1

++++++++++++ [KERNEL][CM7][05/05/11]Glitch V7C - 1.5GHz OC/UV,Voodoo Sound/Color,2.3.4 compat[16.04.2011] ++++++++++++

Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1041532
    Glitch Kernels

These kernels are provided as-is without warranty. I'm not responsible for any problem you can encounter with your phone or if your cat suddenly dies.
    Although, don't expect support even if I will eventually help since I love cats.

Note : These kernels are only compatible with CM7 and MIUI roms !
    Overview :
    - Up to 1.5GHz CPU OC and 247MHz GPU OC (Thanks morfic)
    - Undervolting using Pimp my CPU or Voltage Control
    - Voodoo Sound & Voodoo Color (Thanks Supercurio)
    - FPS uncap (from 56 to 66) from JPX source Reverted for now.
    - Various tweaks for more smoothness and reliability
    CHANGELOGS IN #2 POST
    ++++++++++++ [KERNEL] SpeedMod Gingerbread [K15D-T4 TEST 334MB RAM / K15C SharpnessFix PREVIEW] ++++++++++++
    Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1044519
    Hi guys,

This is a basic test version of the SpeedMod kernel for Gingerbread.

This kernel is for the International Galaxy S GT-I9000

This kernel has NO LAGFIX support yet. Please UNDO LAGFIXES before flashing this kernel.
    There is also no built-in CWM Recovery yet.

For now it has:
    - MDNIE Sharpness Fix and some color tuning
    - FM Radio sound fixes based on Voodoo Sound
    - TinyRCU
    - Conservative CPU governor for better battery life
    - Volume level fixes
    - Startup script tweaks
    - Disabled Android Debug Logger / logcat
    - Updated to jhash3
    - HZ=300
    - Improvements to sound quality: 128x oversampling, disable DRC and de-emphasis
    - Compiled with O3 optimizations using latest codesourcery 2010.09 toolchain

I'll implement the SpeedMod Froyo features bit by bit as I have the time to.

TEST VERSION: K15D-T4:
    - With 334MB RAM
    - Fixes front camera problem
    - Disabled kernel debug logs / printk
    ++++++++++++[kernel] CM7 2.3.4 kernel(s) OCUV-SOUND-COLOR-ETC 04/05 ++++++++++++
    Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=979206
    Fat visible download link http://kang.project-voodoo.org/Disclaimer:
    These kernels are provided as-is without any warranty. I'm not here to provide support etc although I might when I'm able, but don't count on it. If your phone explode, it's your problem. Updates are not guaranteed as well.
    rolleyes.gif

I made a thread only so that it doesn't get lost in spam and have pms asking where to find it
    redface.gif

What's included
    • Sometimes: testing stuff from teamhacksung before it goes into their stable upstream​
    • Various tweaks: such as JPX screen timings, Haptic feedback and general vibration intensity slightly reduced (integrated upstream)​
    • Voodoo sound patch
    • Voodoo color patch
    • Led notification: Now integrated upstream​
    • Extra governors: Smartass, Interactive They're not that good.​
    • Overclock/Undervoltage: I use -125mV@100mhz and 1.2Ghz max and rest default, change voltage with "voltage control" (market). Default settings to 1Ghz.​
    • Easy building system and clear commits: for other devs, and myself too lol​
    ++++++++++++ [KERNEL][JVB][OC/UV]Talon Kernel Alpha v0.1.4 ++++++++++++
    Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1057705
    OK, first off, this kernel is SUPER alpha! And I mean, SUPER ALPHA! If you're not experiencing crashes every once in a while, #yourdoinitwrong. Now to the good stuff.

Join us on freenode: #suckerpunch
    Huge special thanks to Xcaliburinhand and eXistZ (current co-dev), without them, this kernel wouldn't eXistZ.

Talon Kernel build 0.1.4:
    Chainfire's initramfs
    CWM 3.0.0.5
    Reorient by Xcal
    Jhash3
    Voodoo Color Fix
    Voodoo Sound v8
    Wired Headset Support
    Audio Dock Support
    Battery Polling set to 60s
    Set Light Sensor Polling to 1s
    SIO Scheduler
    Interactive Governor
    OC/UV support up to 1.2ghz
    Stochastic Fair Blue (SFB) network scheduler
    Disabled Android Logger (Logcat) // Not sure how this is a feature, but I'll look into it.
    Few Upstream Fixes
    CONFIG_HZ=100
    341 MB of RAM! ZOMG
    More OC/UV levels coming soon

++++++++++++
    [KERNEL][CM7/MIUI] 27/04,platypus,Voodoo SOUND&COLOR,OC/UV,SLQB,LED notif,NODEBUG,... ++++++++++++
    Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=980495
    Features:
    * jhash3 for better reliability (data connections)
    * Voodoo Sound & Color
    * simple i/o scheduler for better speed & performance
    * preemptive tree RCU with smaller fanout value (better efficiency, speed & less memory usage with read-write-operations)
    * SLQB for more efficient & faster handling of files in memory
    * kernel & app security features (fstack-protector, better ASLR, disabled access to DEVKMEM & DEVMEM, ...)
    * network security (syncookies; only secure redirects allowed; higher number of outstanding syn requests allowed; disabled warnings for invalid responses to broadcast frames; enabled window scaling; disabled IP dynaddr & ECN; log and drop "martian" packets; protection against: broadcast pings and smurf attacks, redirects for IP source routing, non-secure redirects, DoS (syn-flood) attacks, IP-Spoofing)
    * disabled kernel DEBUG & disabled DEBUG in kernel code
    * support of more encryption ciphers
    * utf8 support (international)
    * fixed & improved CFQ i/o scheduler (option)
    * BFQ i/o scheduler (option)
    * tweaked ondemand governor (raised the min_sample_rate of ondemand cpufreq governor to 9500)
    * interactive cpufreq governor (option)
    * smartass cpufreq governor (option)
    * OC/UV support (option) (thanks to morfic, TheEscapist & bilboa1)
    * laststufo's optimized CFLAGS for more speed (kudos & thanks to laststufo !)
    * compiled with CodeSourcery 2010.09 toolchain (better code quality, stability & speed)
    * CPU (CFS) scheduler optimizations (optimized branch brediction for more speed, low latency, load balancing); tighter scheduler timings for more speed & responsiveness;
    * optimized cacheflushs for user apps (speeds up emulators and specific apps)
    * optimized OOM (out of memory killer; apps being removed out of memory - when memory is full)
    * faster deactivation & reclaim of invalidated pages (memory faster being available again after big file operations)
    * vmscan & other fixes (better responsiveness with lots of read/writes & under load)
    * ck-patches (patches by Con Kolivas, mm-lru_cache_add_lru_tail for more efficient memory usage)
    * optimized writeback handling (less hangs & waits during write operations)
    * script: 90screenstate_scaling: lots of CFS, writeback and cpufreq governor tweaks (less cpu ticks, less cpu looping & delayed writeback - better battery runtime)
    * script: 89system_tweak: tweaks for faster data throughput; caller ringdelay (1 second); energy savings for CPU in standby mode, energy savings for radio; WIFI scaninterval to 180 seconds
    * CONFIG_IKCONFIG=y & CONFIG_IKCONFIG_PROC=y
    * CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_MATCH_MULTIPORT & CONFIG_IP_ADVANCED_ROUTER
    * Stochastic Fair Blue (SFB) network scheduler for default network scheduler - kudos to the zen-kernel / zen-droid team !
    * lots of fixes: fix potential memory corruption in buddy allocator of page allocator; potential lags / hangs / looping; security hole in tipc; potential deadlock in radix-tree
    * data safety (2 patches of Nick Piggin's Inode integrity patches)
    * [improved battery runtime] delay going tickless when CPU is loaded
    * kernel timer at 128 Hz; USER_HZ 150 Hz; HIGH_RES_TIMER 300 Hz
    * Google WIFI fix to let the CPU sleep more during non-usage of WIFI
    * Wii Remote support (bluetooth profile)
    * working kernel modules: ansi_cprng, bcm4329 (WIFI), cifs, scsi_wait_scan, tun
    * ext4 stability & data integrity fixes
    * LED notification (by bilboa1) (short howto and FAQ)
    * removing of the FPS limit (by bilboa1)
    * DockSound support
    * adjustments to the haptic feedback (by bilboa1)
    * higher battery charging temperature [experimental, upstream]
    * zram (successor of ramzswap / compcache - swapfile in RAM) [option]
    * removed (commented out) several limits from the init scripts
    * optimization for sqlite database files (speeding up system & apps)
    * optimized conservative & ondemand governors
    * [upstream] fixed BUG with ARM and delays during cpufreq switching

* disable FM RDS radio for now - potential battery drain & does not work [less battery drain]
    * disable SWAP and zram - zram breaks stuff and enabled SWAP-support might be a battery drain, also disable the xvmalloc [less battery drain]
    * enable KSM and uaccess with memcpy
    * 1:1 CFLAGS from laststufo (Ultimate SO-Kernel flags) and replacement of soft pipelining with module scheduling (internal compiler error)
    * kernel compiled with Thumb instruction set - more efficient (performance) & battery savings
    * disable VGA console (broken - compile errors) & disable FRAMEBUFFER CONSOLE (broke lock-screen and stuff)
    * practically eliminated all lags - (potentially) lagfree
    * tweaks to CFS cpu scheduler
    * tweaks to conservative governor script
    * improved read & write values (write: 4.3 vs. 7.1; read: 11.7 vs. 16.9)

* allow using LED while screen on [thanks to bilboa1 !]
    * working external SD card access
    * and everything I might have forgotten​
    ++++++++++++ [KERNEL] Hacked Lagfix/Ext4 Samsung Galaxy S Gingerbread - JVB, JVH ++++++++++++
    Thread:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=975349
    Hi!

This is a dev-in-progress Ext4 Kernel based on Voodoo code for Samsung's Gingerbread.

Fixed since last release:
    - conversion voices. Bye chipmunk, hello Linda!
    - disk-free checks

Todo:
    - Well integrated CWM 3.x
    - Performance / Smoothness optimizations if any.
    Show some support in donation to help a true stable port!
    rooting is as easy as installing Superuser from market.
    You can control the Ext4 lagfix status with Voodoo control
    Kernels are not yet supported, bug reports are now welcome
    Dev & hack discussion is always welcome!

[/QUOTE]
    ++++++++++++ DamianGTO Ginger Kernel ++++++++++++
    Thread: http://forum.damiangto.org/viewforum.php?f=7&sid=6223c725437676d6742bcc6f40cdc991
    This is link to Damian's forum where are discustion about Damian GTO Ginger kernels.
    You might need to register to Damiangto.org -forum to view/download kernels.
    List of Froyo kernels are here
    The Froyo kernel List

++++++++++++
    [16.04.2011][CF-Root 3.1] JP*,JS*,JQ3,JV1/K/B - su+bb+2e/CWM - rfs+ext4 ++++++++++++

THIS IS NOT A ROM - it is only a kernel. You need to have a firmware already on your device. You do NOT need to wipe anything for this patch. You DO need to read the instructions.MAKE SURE YOUR PHONE CAN ENTER DOWNLOAD MODE USING THE KEYCOMBINATION WHILE BOOTING BEFORE FLASHING CF-ROOT (or anything, really)

Donate
    There have now been over 200.000 downloads of CF-Root and many more if you include ROMs, kernels, ect that use it. Don't be a leech,
    buy me a beer (and use the "Thanks" button!)

Features
    - Root
    - Superuser 2.3.6.1

++++++++++++ [KERNEL][14APR-K13E]Insane OC/UV kernel ++++++++++++

Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=965103
    This is an alpha release!
    It is nowhere as stable and tested as Speedmod itself!

What it is?
    All I did was to compile Speedmod (To be honest, I'm clueless what gizmos are sitting there, but its great)
    Credit should go to hardcore. He is author of this kernel, I'm responsible for breaking it and making bugs.

What did you break?
    + OC/UV features (this might fry your device)
    + some clock changes to keep it stick more to 100mhz (should be at least)
    + preemptive config (needs testing)
    * optimised for size (not sure if this is good)
    * noop is being the default scheduler (i just like it)
    * 341MB ram (if someone is curious about this)
    - everything I have broken along the way (maybe nothing)

So (as you can see) its pretty alpha
    ++++++++++++[KERNEL] SpeedMod Froyo [K13E HPCall VoodooSnd7 SharpnessFix STABLE] ++++++++++++
    Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=822756
    Hi people. This kernel aims to be fast, compatible, stable, and have good battery life. It makes our Galaxy S run the way it should.

This kernel is for the International Galaxy S (I9000) and Bell Mobility Vibrant (I9000M)

The SpeedMod kernel for the AT&T Captivate is available here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=893880

Note: Only lagfixes using EXT4 are robust. Other lagfixes run the risk of data loss on freezing, hard-reboots, or sudden power loss.

WARNING: Before you try any lagfix, make sure that you have enough free space on your Internal SD. You should have at least more free space than data+dbdata+cache combined.

Latest K13E (12-Apr) - Voodoo Sound v7. Lowmemorykiller fixes. Improved display sharpness using AMOLED processing mode in MDNIE. Support for voice calls through headphones. Check here for more info and downloads.

>>> Click here for the installation procedure using Odin.

>>> If you have questions, please read the FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions first!

>>> What is the SpeedMod kernel?

Latest features:

- Compiled using codesourcery 2010.09: Faster and more battery efficient
    - The only properly working Tiny RCU implementation, thanks to Paul McKenney
    - More efficient: Removed debug logging from kernel and Android
    - Most updated version of my Enhanced Universal Lagfix fork with improved stability
    - Full Android 2.2.1 ROM compatibility

This kernel has:

- Based on JPX Android 2.2.1 kernel source
    - Works on all stock Froyo 2.2 and 2.2.1 ROMs and popular custom ROMs
    - 340MB RAM
    - Enhanced version of sztupy's Universal Lagfix
    - Includes neldar's BackLightNotification 2.3 from https://github.com/project-voodoo/ba...ernel_patches/
    - Sharpness (AMOLED mode) & color fixes for the screen
    - SpeedMod: Replaced kernel jhash2 with jhash3
    - Includes my Startup Tweaks from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=813309
    - Adjusted kernel HZ value to improve smoothness
    - Uses BFQ IO scheduler by default, from http://algo.ing.unimo.it/people/paol...ed/sources.php
    - Updated ext4 code in kernel from http://www2.kernel.org/pub/linux/ker.../ext4-patches/
    - Properly working Tiny RCU for better speed and efficiency from http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=ker...90160a18caf95d
    - Patched lowmemorykiller for compatibility with Tiny RCU from http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=ker...3cbfcb015577a9
    - Optimized compiler flags: -mcpu=cortex-a8 -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=softfp
    ++++++++++++[KERNEL] Advanced Voodoo v666.1+2 (CLOCKWORKMOD 3/VOODOO SOUND/OC+UV) ++++++++++++

Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=823300
    - Builtin CWM (Voodoo Edition)
    - Back Light Notification (BLN) v2.3.1 (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=813389
    - Control BLN with http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=823922
    - Custom bootanimation support (bootanimation.zip in either /system/media or /data/local)
    - BFQ IO scheduler (http://algo.ing.unimo.it/people/paol...ed/sources.php
    - Tiny RCU patch for better speed and efficiency (http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=ker...290160a18caf95
    - Network Security Improvements by nikademus/_renaud_
    - Kernel tweaks for better(?) GPS. tnx hardcore.
    - OC/UV (tnx raspdeep and lastufo!) use xan voltage control to enable OC (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=829731)
    - Voltage app seems to bug sometimes so sometimes you have to apply twice before it updates freqs to use
    - FREQS: 1280/1200/1120/1000/900/800/600/400/200/100, NO OC AS DEFAULT! (read 2 lines up)
    - Added cifs/tun support
    - Using JPY ramdisk
    - Based on JPX Sources

Version v666
    - Clockworkmod v3.0.0.5
    - Special suprise when booting
    smile.gif

- Minor fixes, some fixes, checkout my github commitlog.
    - There is no OC/UV yet, will add several diffrent OC/UV versions in the next couple of days

Advanced Voodoo v666.1
    - VOODOO SOUND 1.0 !
    - v666.2 - OC/UV version. all other features included

++++++++++++[KERNEL][VoodooSnd4-VSF-OC-TRCU-BFQ-ZRAM] Super Optimized Kernel 4_8_3 STABLE [03-18] ++++++++++++

Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=811660
    ULTIMATE SUPER OPTIMIZED Kernel

Samsung S5PV210_Rev1.0 Datasheets Are available here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=859545

GT-I9000_Kernel_4_3_4_OK Sources available here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H0QFFLJ4

GT-I9000_Kernel_4_4_8_OK Sources available here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UJM8VASD

GT-I9000_Kernel_4_5_1_OK Sources available here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y038C7LT

GT-I9000_Kernel_4_6_1_OK Sources available here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D9SB31OI

GT-I9000_Kernel_4_7_3_OK Sources available here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4MZSID83

GT-I9000_Kernel_4_7_7_OK Sources available here http://www.multiupload.com/4J7C7PNX7J

Insanity [ROM] by nitr8 powered by ULTIMATE SUPER OPTIMIZED Kernel !!!!

If you want to disable ramzswap put S_ramzswap_disable.sh from S_scripts.zip into you /etc/init.d directory

If you want to maximize ram performances put S_stock_mem_timings.sh from S_scripts.zip into you /etc/init.d directory

If you want to disable VSF put S_VSF_Disable.sh from S_scripts.zip into you /etc/init.d directory

The file "Customized_freqs.txt" contains a list of usable frequencies, and all of them divisors, for customize first four kernel frequencies.

If someone want ... i added possibility to donate something by paypal on my profile. If you appreciated my work you could give me a little gift.
    It works on all stock froyo ROMS !!

Istructions:

Install Kernel :
    1- download kernel
    2- (Only Odin Version )turn off unzip file and use tar file as pda in odin and flash it
    3- (Only CWM Version)go into CWM recovery and select install zip from sdcard, choose kernel CWM zip from sdcard and then install it

Apply Lagfix :
    - after you installed kernel go into CWM recovery and select advanced ulk features-->Lagfix option and select your desire method and reboot your device

Apply root :
    - Go into CWM recovery and select advanced ulk features-->Install superuser option, select Ext:..... and then select yes. Afther reboot the phone.

This kernel has:
    - Works on all stock Froyo ROMs and popular custom ROMs
    - Adjusted kernel HZ value to 300
    - Adjusted user HZ value to 150
    - 340MB of RAM and all features should work e.g. 720P recording & playback (since 4_4) 342MB since 4_5_3
    - tun support included inside kernel
    - Includes neldar's BackLightNotification 2.2 from https://github.com/project-voodoo/ba...ernel_patches/ (update to v2.3.1 since 4_6)
    - sztupy's Universal Lagfix
    - Sharpness & color fix for UI, inspired by supercurio's work on Voodoo
    - SpeedMod: Replaced kernel jhash2 with jhash3
    - Uses BFQ IO scheduler by default
    - Updated FS code in kernel
    - Added Tiny RCU patch for better speed and efficiency
    - FS drivers compiled as external modules and loaded only if used
    - OC frequencies (1200-1300-1400-1500-1600) keep attenction !!!!!!
    - PDIV values optimized into clock sources
    - support for AOSP bootanimation.zip
    - ramzswap (http://code.google.com/p/compcache/) for better ram usage.
    - sched patch : automated per tty task groups (system more smooth and responsive) (v3(since 4_3) and v4(since 4_4))

++++++++++++[KERNEL] Steam Kernel 2.9.9.0++++++++++++

Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=881837
    STEAM KERNEL v2.9.9.0 (it's not 3.0.0.0 because that would mean stable)

Steam Kernel is the successor of ULTK, so you can expect it to be mostly the same, except for a few things.

But first the Credits: anzo,ChainFire,DocRambone,hardcore,koush,nikademus ,neldar,newmail,patience,PFC,RyanZA,tariattila,XDA ,ykk_fice,ZAGE,z4ziggy

What is this about?
    This project is the successof of ULTK, with many new features. The main points are (the new features are in bold):
    - Convert filesystems to ext2, ext4 or jfs (data, dbdata, cache and system)
    - Use fake /efs to get a completely-rfs free ROM (only works if /system is set to be mounted as rw)
    - Startup tweaks
    - Even more boot-time settings (adb security settings, mounting options, bootanimation chooser)
    - BackLightNotification 2.2
    - Includes Steam Recovery (with many new features too, like touch based input, file manager, improved SGS compatibility, read more here)
    - Includes possibility of filesystem encryption (read more here)
    - Includes boot-time log viewer applications (with the option of watching the logs go instead of a bootanimation)
    - Superuser install function
    - Afterburner support (read more here and here)
    - Many more I might have forgotten...

++++++++++++[KERNEL] Project Voodoo stable, lagfix, color, sound. Usage and development.++++++++++++

Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=774500
    Hi everyone !
    http://project-voodoo.org/
    I tweet about progress on the project.

Last but not least, the wonderful community-build page for the Voodoo 5 Froyo preview (not yet up to date)

Voodoo 5.x releases with Voodoo sound, build from sources, recommended:
    Checkout the Sound bounty thread:

I propose also versions only the lagfix only, called stock+Voodoo because they are build around the kernel compiled by Samsung

stock+Voodoo-latest XYJS8:
    Flash with Odin: http://dl.project-voodoo.org/stock+V...9000-XWJS8.tar
    Flash with CWM: http://dl.project-voodoo.org/stock+V...ned-update.zip

stock+Voodoo-latest XYJS5:
    Flash with Odin: http://dl.project-voodoo.org/stock+V...9000-XWJS5.tar

stock+Voodoo-latest XYJS3:
    Flash with Odin: http://dl.project-voodoo.org/stock+V...9000-XWJS3.tar

stock+Voodoo-latest XXJPY:
    Flash with Odin: http://dl.project-voodoo.org/stock+V...9000-XXJPY.tar

stock+Voodoo-latest XXJPX:
    Flash with Odin: http://dl.project-voodoo.org/stock+V...9000-XXJPY.tar

JPX, JPY, JS3 versions are based on Samsung pre-compiled kernels. This is why those are feature limited (no Voodoo sound, no BLN, no sharpness adjustment).

This project is 100% opensource and i'm proud of it
    smile.gif

You can build everything from sources using https://github.com/project-voodoo

Important note, I don't recommend installing this relase with Odin if you don't have a direct access to the Download mode with the 3 buttons combination.
    Odin is known to give a % of flash fails. This has no consequences for most because if you retry it works, but for people unable to go to the download mode this is a serious problem (and a Samsung official bug, they distribute a hardware part internally to force the download mode access)

5.1 changes:
    Updated lagfix
    Voodoo sound support (Download Voodoo App from the market)

5.0.3 changes:
    added cool shell with tab completion

Final changes:
    So many it will be hard to describe everything here.

++++++++++++ [KERNEL] I9000B Voodoo_latin.Froyo.C3[SND+Color+lagfix]++++++++++++

Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=927383
    Update Jan 31, 11:
    Updated kernel with sound driver v4
    Voodoo_latin.Froyo.C3[SND+Color+lagfix].zip

Don't forget to update your Voodoo apk on market, to control all features!!

Updates of sound driver v4:
    - add ADC 128x quality oversampling control
    - fine-tuned FM radio volumes. DRC compress only to prevent saturation in non-standard case
    - remove full_bitwidth SNR booster option (killer samples expose artifacts)
    - restore high frequencies by allowing to control a filter and bump the input gain
    - apply headphone amp levels only on media and FM radio
    - mono downmix applied automatically at play, no more click at power up with 128x oversampling, improved code quality

More info on https://github.com/project-voodoo/li.../froyo-voodoo/

++++++++++++ [KERNEL] TEGRAK lagfix build 18 for I9000 XWJS5 with Voodoo Sound v6 ++++++++++++

Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=920711
    This is another way to do lagfix based on XXJPY, XWJS3 kernel.
    You can simply change file system(RFS <-> EXT4) by clicking app's menu.
    Supports I9000, M110S, M130K, M130L and M180S (Korea GalaxyS and GalaxyTab models)
    tegrak lagfix application has been downloaded over 80,000.
    "andrewti" helped me to make this kernel for I9000. Thanks.

Finally, TEGRAK kernel was included in Doc & Stefunel RomKitchen!!
    Thanks very much, tricky103 and beta testers.
    You can download TEGRAK kernel from RomKitchen Generator.
    http://romkitchen.org/

UPDATE in build 19 2011-04-01 KST
    based on XWJS5
    supports Voodoo sound v7

++++++++++++
    [KERNEL] z4mod kernels ** updated 2011-02-18 ++++++++++++

Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=824747
    ****** Information *****

I will no longer develop this kernel, for the lack of development on Z4Mod source.
    If you like my work you can try this kernels:
    DamianGTO Ultimate Kernel
    DamianGTO Steam Kernel

You can also try my tweak program:
    Damian tweak

I will continue to support this tread so long its needed.
    If you want to change kernel you MUST remove all lagfix first.

++++++++++++[Kernel][2.6.32][OC/UV][Up to 1.4ghz configurable][2nd Dec][Froyo][Fast Scaling] ++++++++++++

Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=822027
    New Directions:
    As there will be more tweaks and findings out by xda members, i will not include much tweaks (unless those i run) into my kernel but to release source so others can incorporate my oc/uv into their "all-in-one" kernel threads.

im glad someone took the liberty to add voodoo kernel and hope he eventually get voodoo to merge nicely with modded cwm.

UV control version 2.1 and above
    - voltage scaling
    - full UV user control via sysfs
    - works on all governor
    - echo "50 50 150 75 75 100" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/UV_mV_table
    - column 1 for 1.2ghz, 2 for 1ghz, 3 for 800mhz, 4 for 400mhz, 5 for 200mhz, lastly 100mhz
    - values are mV
    - Use latest xan's app if you dont want to mess with commands - here

Info:
    - based from the jpm froyo 2.6.32.9 kernel drop
    - using sztupy ramfs (it has sztupy modded cwm but i did not test all options esp lag fix)
    - Mem config based from here - free 341mb
    - BLN by Neldar
    - sysfs user configurable Undervolt
    - FS supports - ext2 / ext4 / JFS
    - sourcery 4.4.1 g++ 2009q3
    - linpack 16 MFLOPish
    - supported frequencies 100/200/400/800/1000/1200
    - rooted adb shell

Stock voltage info
    1200000 - 1300 (<-added)
    1000000 - 1275
    800000 - 1200
    400000 - 1050
    200000 - 950
    100000 - 950
    Max vdd_arm is 1.31v according to datasheet so dont go crazy OV'ing

To-do
    - a lot

How to install:
    - download any latest .7z file
    - extract .tar from the .7z file
    - use odin, load tar file under pda and flash

Credits
    - sztupy
    - supercurio
    - unhelpful
    - hardcore
    - xan
    - neldar

enjoy!

++++++++++++ [KERNEL] DamianGTO Ultimate kernel (version 1.3 Beta 2) **2011-04-05**
    ++++++++++++

Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=959696
    **** DamianGTO Ultimate Kernel Version 1.2 ****

This kernel will be used with Ultimate ROM and in many more roms.

The DamianGTO Ultimate Kernel V1.2 has the following features:

- Ext2, Ext4, Jfs and rfs file system support.
    - Backup/Restore.
    - Root (installs Busybox 1.19 and superuser).
    - Theme support with cwm update script.
    - 345MB RAM.
    - Optimized kernel tweaks.
    - Low memory killer minfree settings (24MB, 32MB, 46MB, 60MB, 80MB or 92MB).
    - Deadline schedueler (Optimized).
    - Tiny RCU( less memory footprint).
    - lowmemorykiller patch.
    - Support for bootanimation.zip.
    - Made from froyo 2.2.1 source code.
    - Initramfs from JS8 kernel.
    - Android logging (Turn on or off).
    - Voodoo sound V6.
    - Full CWM recovery with alot of extra options.
    - Touchscreen sensitivity (Low, Default, high, super high)
    - OverClocking (OC) 1200MHZ
    - Under Volt (UV) (25,50,75,100 or 125)
    - Underclocking (UC) 800MHZ
    - CIFS
    - TUN
    - Sharpness fix (Mild)
    - Boot animation fix for fuguTweak.
    - Fixed 3G video chat for the stock program.
    - Tweaked EXT4 to get it faster. It still has journal.
    - 2 more low memory killer settings (80MB and 92MB)
    - Rewritten some drivers
    This is a collection of links about kernel flashing
    @K4P1: maybe you want to include these in your first post.

Tools/Methods for flashing a kernel:
    This list is sorted by the required level of skill in usage and by the easiness to break the phone with the particular tool/method... :D

And these are threads with videos that show how to use these tools:
    [VIDEO] Samsung Vibrant Video How-To Thread by connexion2005
    video tutorials how to flash custom kernels/roms and use ADB for beginners by zolah

And btw could you please add my bln kernels to the list in the op?
    The bln kernels do not contain any additional feature beside bln - that is for people who want to enjoy the original samsung feeling but with bln. ;)
    You got there first! Was going to add this to my list of ROMs, good work.
    Hi guys im using devil kernel with termislin v2 very good indeed but i want know is there any other rom & kernel better than this... If so pls tell im new to here

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app