FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.0+] MiXplorer v6.x Released (fully-featured file manager)

5,511 posts
Thanks Meter: 28,905

By HootanParsa, Recognized Developer on 17th May 2011, 03:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd March 2019, 05:59 PM |#29051  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Translator
Flag Preserving Air Supremacy over XDA!
Thanks Meter: 6,043

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekeluo

Screenshot 1: in-app update option (appears after tapping about)
Screenshot 2: available update(s) details
Screenshot 3: downloads different version

Thanks very much. Very interesting - and I'm glad that I could learn. Just retried it (same MiX version as yours) but I don't achieve your "result". Going to fiddle around a bit tomorrow and hopefully find the differences.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oswald Boelcke For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Oswald Boelcke Ad-Free

24th March 2019, 05:55 AM |#29052  
Thanks Meter: 1,242

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronTechmonkey

In MiX Silver on LOS 15 w/LOS SU hashes for files on external SD can be checked...

thanks for the info. but, what are the steps to check hashes in silver variant?
in beta select file, click on (i) and 'hashes'. no (i) or 'hashes' in the pop-up on silver?
will try and get the logs from him.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hashes on MiX Silver.jpg
Views:	856
Size:	243.6 KB
ID:	4729773  
24th March 2019, 08:11 AM |#29053  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,925

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0han

thanks for the info. but, what are the steps to check hashes in silver variant?
in beta select file, click on (i) and 'hashes'. no (i) or 'hashes' in the pop-up on silver?
will try and get the logs from him.

Erm ... I'm on Silver, latest version, and the procedure is exactly the same for me as the one you listed
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_MiXplorer_20190324-080930.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	140.7 KB
ID:	4729851   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_MiXplorer_20190324-081253.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	4729852   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_MiXplorer_20190324-080954.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	189.9 KB
ID:	4729853  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nimueh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nimueh Ad-Free
24th March 2019, 09:13 AM |#29054  
Thanks Meter: 1,242

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimueh

.. the procedure is exactly the same for me as the one you listed ..

will ask my friend to do a clean install and check again.
24th March 2019, 09:55 AM |#29055  
日本
Thanks Meter: 4,084

More
Just noticed that MiX is not actually picking up filesystem changes, but only monitoring /sdcard/Download for changes.

24th March 2019, 12:54 PM |#29056  
Thanks Meter: 201

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HootanParsa

Choose 'Save in temporary folder' which works like previous versions.
I will add Code editor to the list if you choose 'Direct link', for the next build.

You don't need to reset all settings. Tap on 'Remember' in Settings > More settings > Reset > Remember.

Congratulations on finally making it to the playstore dear. i see 1000+ downloads. all the best. The addons are now all free. this is a good idea. i dont like the icons in popup menus in this 'Silver' version so i am back to the xda version but i am not going to ask for a refund at all please keep both the versions.
24th March 2019, 03:19 PM |#29057  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 7,974

More
@HootanParsa. Here is a potential new issue or limitation for some LOS devices trying to deal with Moto partition madness:

MiX XDA Stable 6.35.2 on Moto X4 running LOS 16 (Android 9) with LOS SU cannot write to / (root) or /system/etc but can write to /data/data.

Attached log spans one or more attempts or MiX sessions to create a new file in /system/etc. I tested before and after installing MiX busybox but forget which one the log captured (result was the same). A comparative test in Total Commander seemed to fail around the RW remount but I'm just going by a UI indicator there, no log.

I've found no app yet which can write to /system/etc in LOS 16 on this device and even attempts to use recovery to create symlinks (for Adway) to /data/data (which can be written to) fail. I'm not seeing this as a MiX issue but hoping there might be some way to work around it.

[EDIT] Discovered later that using Magisk instead of native LOS SU allows write access to root, so this is clearly an issue between LOS and its own SU.
Attached Files
File Type: txt BadMotoMiX-Log-B19032210.txt - [Click for QR Code] (46.8 KB, 2 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
24th March 2019, 04:25 PM |#29058  
日本
Thanks Meter: 4,084

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronTechmonkey

@HootanParsa. Here is a potential new issue or limitation for some LOS devices trying to deal with Moto partition madness:

MiX XDA Stable 6.35.2 on Moto X4 running LOS 16 (Android 9) with LOS SU cannot write to / (root) or /system/etc but can write to /data/data.

Attached log spans one or more attempts or MiX sessions to create a new file in /system/etc. I tested before and after installing MiX busybox but forget which one the log captured (result was the same). A comparative test in Total Commander seemed to fail around the RW remount but I'm just going by a UI indicator there, no log.

I've found no app yet which can write to /system/etc in LOS 16 on this device and even attempts to use recovery to create symlinks (for Adway) to /data/data (which can be written to) fail. I'm not seeing this as a MiX issue but hoping there might be some way to work around it.

MiX with Lineage 16 su has no issues writing to /system in my devices... None of which are A/B.

( And my purchase of one of those is being postponed further and further, given all the issues you're uncovering... )

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ultramanoid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ultramanoid Ad-Free
24th March 2019, 04:46 PM |#29059  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Why was SendAnywhere feature removed in the last update? I found it very useful.
24th March 2019, 05:28 PM |#29060  
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 705

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by priccis

Why was SendAnywhere feature removed in the last update? I found it very useful.

API is paid now.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to marciozomb13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift marciozomb13 Ad-Free
24th March 2019, 06:19 PM |#29061  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 7,974

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramanoid

MiX with Lineage 16 su has no issues writing to /system in my devices... None of which are A/B.

( And my purchase of one of those is being postponed further and further, given all the issues you're uncovering... )

In on-device-TWRP's file manager the path is /system/system/etc and it is writeable (top system directory not seen unless mounting system with checkbox in TWRP). Within MiXplorer, TC, etc that location is seen as /system/etc and is not writeable. Even with /system/system/etc, symlinks are a mess - "too many symlinks..." I recall a previous instances where CM was similarly limited. A terminal command to remount some location as r/w was a workaround and it was eventually fixed in the ROM. I'll have to dig into some old Tasker tidbits to see exactly what that command was although I think this mess-pile is bigger.

(LOL I noticed you were watching and hope you are having fun. The device itself is not a disappointment but this has been rough.)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chm, cloud, encfs, epub, mix

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)