FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.0+] MiXplorer v6.x Released (fully-featured file manager)

5,511 posts
Thanks Meter: 28,911

By HootanParsa, Recognized Developer on 17th May 2011, 03:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st April 2019, 08:06 PM |#29141  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 4,529

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scissorscrush

So SMB doesn't work for me. Connection lost message comes as soon as I open SMB. It scans and add the computer just fine but when I try to access it, that message comes up. It used to work long time ago but didn't work for 3 months. Not an issue with phone or setup coz it works in es file explorer. Don't wanna ditch MIX. OP5t. How do I share more info dev?

What version of mix you're using? which smb settings within mix did you set(there are several)? What type of smb you're trying to connect to(smb version, authentication etc.).

You'll find a lot of information about smb within this and the FAQ tread from IronTechmonkey. Have you searched it already?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strongst For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift strongst Ad-Free

1st April 2019, 08:23 PM |#29142  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by strongst

What version of mix you're using? which smb settings within mix did you set(there are several)? What type of smb you're trying to connect to(smb version, authentication etc.).

You'll find a lot of information about smb within this and the FAQ tread from IronTechmonkey. Have you searched it already?

I used to use SMB on mix before it stopped working so I think I know I'm doing everything right. I'm using the latest version of mix. I've already tried installing separate SMB add on and tried that but same issue. No settings were changed in SMB, everything was default apart from setting up my computer in it. Trying to connect LAN SMB.

2 or 3 updates before, in the changelogs i saw a reference to SMB connection issue which was supposed to be fixed by apparently it didn't for me. I guess the dev is aware about the issue.
1st April 2019, 08:31 PM |#29143  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 4,529

More
Quote:

I used to use SMB on mix before it stopped working so I think I know I'm doing everything right. I'm using the latest version of mix. I've already tried installing separate SMB add on and tried that but same issue. No settings were changed in SMB, everything was default apart from setting up my computer in it. Trying to connect LAN SMB.

You simply did not answer any of my questions or give any information to help you further...

Even when everything was working fine before, nobody knows what YOU did or changed.

For me everything works fine, latest version, OP5, SMB
The Following User Says Thank You to strongst For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift strongst Ad-Free
1st April 2019, 08:36 PM |#29144  

More
Quote:

Quote:

You simply did not answer any of my questions or give any information to help you further...

Even when everything was working fine before, nobody knows what YOU did or changed.

For me everything works fine, latest version, OP5, SMB

I did answer your questions.
Q. What version of mix? I said latest.
Q. Which smb settings within mix did I set? I said everything default and I just added my computer.
Q. What type of smb. I said LAN SMB.
1st April 2019, 10:37 PM |#29145  
Thanks Meter: 113

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HootanParsa

SMB video thumbnail is not supported. It's very slow. I will check again to see if VLC can generate thumbnails fast

Hi. Is there any update on this? It would help a lot in selecting the right video from the NAS over SMB. I've been searching for this option in settings. If it works for the local files, could there be some extra option that would allow it by smb? Even if it's slow in some cases would speed up browsing more than opening files with dates one-by-one.
Greetings.
1st April 2019, 11:29 PM |#29146  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 7,987

More
Quote:

...latest....

Latest? Just like the countless networked user folders labelled "this month's files" I've had to hunt for over the decades?

But truly, "latest" is not a version # and is generally meaningless, more so when considering the fact that you've not even specified whether you are using Stable or Beta. People do sometimes report problems from older versions and carelessly say they are using the latest even though that is not so. There is no reason anyone should waste time chasing an issue that might be from an older version. This is not to doubt you but in such an environment the responsibility to provide the requisite bug-reporting details is yours.

So, rather than playing keep-away with information that helps developers and users figure out what the problem on your device is
you could provide it as is expected in problem reports. https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...67&postcount=7
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
1st April 2019, 11:30 PM |#29147  
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 716

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I did answer your questions.
Q. What version of mix? I said latest.
Q. Which smb settings within mix did I set? I said everything default and I just added my computer.
Q. What type of smb. I said LAN SMB.

Better you back to OP and check how to provide a bug properly. Otherwise your 'report' will be probably ignored.
The Following User Says Thank You to marciozomb13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift marciozomb13 Ad-Free
2nd April 2019, 03:51 AM |#29148  
Flag Patna
Thanks Meter: 750

More
#BugReport

Editing files directly from sftp doesn't works

Steps to reproduce

Open sftp session > tap on a file > choose direct link > Open with code editor > Make changes > Tap on save button

It shows null output.

This is happening since you added back the code editor to directly edit files from sftp.

Log: https://hastebin.com/ujibewufem.php
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190402-081755_MiXplorer.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	4735244  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to @ki For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift @ki Ad-Free
2nd April 2019, 03:56 AM |#29149  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
@HootanParsa
A irritating bug has arised in new beta MiXplorer_v6.35.3-Beta_B19040110 , whenever I 'move' any file on the same storage, it takes a lot of time to complete the task. Actually it is copying the file and then deleting the original file, also the timestamp is changed. This behaviour should not be shown when moving file on same storage.
LOG attached
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smart_sudeep For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift smart_sudeep Ad-Free
2nd April 2019, 04:18 AM |#29150  
Flag Indianapolis, IN
Thanks Meter: 1,320

More
Quote:

2 or 3 updates before, in the changelogs i saw a reference to SMB connection issue which was supposed to be fixed by apparently it didn't for me. I guess the dev is aware about the issue.

Without knowing more about your smb setup, as the above poster asked, try this:
swipe right on the smb tab, choose the pencil icon for settings, change: smb1=true and try that. Also in that dialog page, enter the user name and password there also, if your setup requires it, if not, leave it blank.
you can also choose the search local button and maybe find the correct connection info. I find that hit or miss on my Linux Mint Mate persistent setup, though. On the scan window I often have to hit refresh several time to get the info. On my device it will initially show smb://192.168.2.255, instead of the true, smb://192.168.2.2. Maybe someone with more networking knowledge will clarify.
In my case I am connecting to a wireless, home router.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to martyfender For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift martyfender Ad-Free
2nd April 2019, 04:41 AM |#29151  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyfender

Without knowing more about your smb setup, as the above poster asked, try this:
swipe right on the smb tab, choose the pencil icon for settings, change: smb1=true and try that. Also in that dialog page, enter the user name and password there also, if your setup requires it, if not, leave it blank.
you can also choose the search local button and maybe find the correct connection info. I find that hit or miss on my Linux Mint Mate persistent setup, though. On the scan window I often have to hit refresh several time to get the info. On my device it will initially show smb://192.168.2.255, instead of the true, smb://192.168.2.2. Maybe someone with more networking knowledge will clarify.
In my case I am connecting to a wireless, home router.

Tried that, didn't work. My mix Verdon is 6.35.2 stable. I'm trying to upload the bug report but unable to. I'll try again in new moments.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chm, cloud, encfs, epub, mix

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)