No deep sleep, "No stats" for Kernel Wakelock

Search This thread

timg11

Jul 20, 2010
Google Pixel 3 XL
Google Pixel 5
I'm using BBS 2.4.265 on Andriod 5.1.1, Samsung Note 4.

I have not yet succeeded in diagnosing the power consumption issues, but recently, the behavior of BBS has changed

I used to (from initial BBS installation to about a week ago) see a significant time in deep sleep when the phone was idle. Now I see Deep Sleep is Zero%, and Awake Screen Off is the total time since unplugged from charging.

Formerly, I would see processes listed under Kernel Wakelock. Now Kernel Wakelock reports "No stats have been collected yet"

How can I determine what has changed and fix it?

Looking in the Android Battery Usage summary, it says the majority of the battery usage is from "Android System", which is not helpful.

Last edited:

timg11

Jul 20, 2010
Google Pixel 3 XL
Google Pixel 5
I'm using BBS 2.4.265 on Andriod 5.1.1, Samsung Note 4.
I just updated this phone to Android 6.0.1. It has not helped solve the mystery power consumption, but BBS is working better.
Summary reports Awake Screen Off as 92% of time
I am now able to see the Kernel Wakelock value again. It shows PowerManagerService.Wakelocks at 100%. Details include Count 0, Expire Count 0, Wake Count 0, Total time and Sleep time = 14228011. Max Time 0

What is the next step for debugging? What changes can be made to reduce PowerManagerService.Wakelocks?