[Q] Can't get Epic flashed to virgin >:(

Search This thread
Feb 28, 2012
I swear, i've done it all. I've flashed the donor intercept's "numbers" if you get what i'm saying....
got my AAA and HA passwords,
got my username and all that info inputted in QPST, wrote to phone,
phone restarted.......
*me getting excited*
open dialer on epic to make a test call...

rings once and then "YOUR ACCOUNT COULD NOT BE VALIDATED!"

checked settings, rechecked settings,

is there some type of provisioning i have to do?
do i need to call customer service and "refresh" my data...
the intercept still works fine, too...:confused:

brooksyx

Jan 31, 2011
Vancouver, WA
I swear, i've done it all. I've flashed the donor intercept's "numbers" if you get what i'm saying....
phone restarted.......
*me getting excited*

We are going to need more info then that. Your AAA and HA user name name and password have nothing to do with getting calling to work just data. Make sure you entered the correct meid in QXDM and that u also put in your phone number and mdn as well in qpst.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

Reactions: michael.hooboob
Feb 28, 2012
i got calling/texting to work, finally....

my msid was different than my actual phone number and i didn't realize that.
changed it in ##msl# and voila, calls and text!

now i just can't get that data working, i've manually entered all the usernames and such in ##data# but that didn't work.

so i went the route of using qpst, data still doesn't work.

weird quirk though is that it seems the settings in qpst aren't sticking maybe? i'll write the PPP box to phone and then when it boots i'll read it to make sure it's right, but it will be gone.

Additionally when i try to input the correct settings in the advanced tab on ##data# i cannot get them to save. I'll exit data programming mode and it will all just change back to <not set>.

that may have some problems with it.. i can try flashing a sprint rom again to reset the data settings to start fresh maybe?

again i appreciate any help you can give me because i've been working on this for damn near 4 days!!!!:eek:

edit: i've attached my list of important things to have while programming, most of which was pulled from data programming on intercept.
i trust that you won't try to steal any of my number and what not, if it's possible.

Attachments

• important2.txt
    673 bytes · Views: 27
Last edited:

brooksyx

Jan 31, 2011
Vancouver, WA
i got calling/texting to work, finally....

my msid was different than my actual phone number and i didn't realize that.
changed it in ##msl# and voila, calls and text!

now i just can't get that data working, i've manually entered all the usernames and such in ##data# but that didn't work.

so i went the route of using qpst, data still doesn't work.

weird quirk though is that it seems the settings in qpst aren't sticking maybe? i'll write the PPP box to phone and then when it boots i'll read it to make sure it's right, but it will be gone.

Additionally when i try to input the correct settings in the advanced tab on ##data# i cannot get them to save. I'll exit data programming mode and it will all just change back to .

that may have some problems with it.. i can try flashing a sprint rom again to reset the data settings to start fresh maybe?

again i appreciate any help you can give me because i've been working on this for damn near 4 days!!!!:eek:

edit: i've attached my list of important things to have while programming, most of which was pulled from data programming on intercept.
i trust that you won't try to steal any of my number and what not, if it's possible.

First of all delete that!!!

And secondly try to use dfs cdma instead of qpst.

Edit: looks like u Xed out the important stuff.

Shinydude100

Feb 24, 2011
Dallas
I always re-input all qpst data, including passwords, each time I use it to avoid possible data corruption, as well as going to ##DATA# and viewing the starred passwords there.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Feb 28, 2012
i'll give it a try now,

another weird thing i found is that if you want your AAA password just open up ##data# on the intercept and click on the password like you're editing it, long press it and hit select all, and then turn the phone sideways like landscape mode and you can see the passwords in plain text! that's how i got mine anyways... seemed easier than reading through the adb log.

edit: TO BE CLEAR that way of getting the AAA password ONLY works on the intercept running 2.2 STOCK. It may or may not work for you, if it works for you then we can probably assume it will work for others who have problems with adb like me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shinydude100

Shinydude100

Feb 24, 2011
Dallas
i'll give it a try now,

another weird thing i found is that if you want your AAA password just open up ##data# on the intercept and click on the password like you're editing it, long press it and hit select all, and then turn the phone sideways like landscape mode and you can see the passwords in plain text! that's how i got mine anyways... seemed easier than reading through the adb log.

edit: TO BE CLEAR that way of getting the AAA password ONLY works on the intercept running 2.2 STOCK. It may or may not work for you, if it works for you then we can probably assume it will work for others who have problems with adb like me.

That's good info for someone on a intercept. I just went ahead and stuck with the adb log method to blanket cover all who may not be using an intercept phone.

Sent from my SPH-M910 using xda premium

Feb 28, 2012
Okay, so if i change my data username in ##DATA# to A0000.....@prov.vmobl.com i can get 3g to flash on/off intermittently and i can get steady 1x. problem is that the icon is there but there but i can't actually go to any websites. i'll open the browser and the arrows will light up like it wants to work but no.

if i change it back to mdata.vmobl.com i lose the 1x icon and 3g and back to nothing...

i dont get it....:confused:

Shinydude100

Feb 24, 2011
Dallas
Okay, so if i change my data username in ##DATA# to A0000.....@prov.vmobl.com i can get 3g to flash on/off intermittently and i can get steady 1x. problem is that the icon is there but there but i can't actually go to any websites. i'll open the browser and the arrows will light up like it wants to work but no.

if i change it back to mdata.vmobl.com i lose the 1x icon and 3g and back to nothing...

i dont get it....:confused:

#1. Follow the tutorial.

You'll notice you're suppose to program it with software, not just trying to enter at ##DATA#

brooksyx

Jan 31, 2011
Vancouver, WA
#1. Follow the tutorial.

You'll notice you're suppose to program it with software, not just trying to enter at ##DATA#

Lol I feel like if people just followed the tutorial they would have 0 problems. Once u get all the needed keys and what not the epic is a breeze to flash.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

Feb 28, 2012
I did the tutorial exactly, but my data wouldn't work. So I tried manually in ##data#.
Is there a way I can just start over fresh?

Shinydude100

Feb 24, 2011
Dallas
I did the tutorial exactly, but my data wouldn't work. So I tried manually in ##data#.
Is there a way I can just start over fresh?

Start over fresh? Why Certainly! Odin EL30 Stock Tar. Have Repartition checked and make sure you have efs clear selected as well.

WARNING!!!! EFS clear is going to wipe that phone clean, you'll have to re-input the ESN (I think) and prl, etc. Least that's what I believed happened to me last time I did an efs clear.

Feb 28, 2012
i will do that once i am off work!
you guys are a lot of help, and i appreciate it.
i just want to start off fresh because i was about half asleep when i entered all the numbers in and i'm about 99.5% positive i funked up a number somewhere that shouldn't have been effed with.... i'll let you know if it works!

Feb 28, 2012
well! reflashing to stock fixed my problems.
followed your guide and entered all the settings verbatim.
the 3g icon is up, data is working .....very slowly.
this leads me to believe that it's not actually 3g and just 1x.
according to mobile speed test i'm going at about dial up speeds (not even 1x) with 3 bars of service.

any idea??

got it!
it just fixed itself when i cycled data mode on and off, thanks guys!
getting solid 1 mbps downloads with half that for uploads in my area of NE!:D

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    phone restarted.......
    *me getting excited*

We are going to need more info then that. Your AAA and HA user name name and password have nothing to do with getting calling to work just data. Make sure you entered the correct meid in QXDM and that u also put in your phone number and mdn as well in qpst.

i'll give it a try now,