[ROOT][ICS] Sky Vega Racer A770S + A760S ICS 4.0.4 (Easy)

Search This thread

Xenon112

Oct 25, 2012
Tirana
Hello to all .
This is my first post here , I've been on xda for a while ,See whats going on here .Support For Pantech Sky Phones is not open, just a few threads.
I Got a Sky Vega Racer A760S (a great dual-core 1.5Ghz Phone by the way) and needed to root it and install recovery on it . Searched here in xda for post for that kind of phone , found some ways to root+recovery it successfully, but the problem was that after that find out wi-fi and sound where completely gone . I got mad of that . Then self-upgraded it in sky vega site. I needed to root it , so i searched on some Vietnamese developers site some easy steps that i wanted to share to all that have this kind of superphone .

ROOT
1.Download from the link Root & Recovery.rar mediafire. co m/?h7rka238l2r21lb
2.Download drivers+insall them ( . mediafire . com/?zp1gvl3qhefzhsr
3.Need to put phone into USB DEBUGGING . (go to settings -Developer options-usb debugging need to be checked)
4.No Need to put phone into fastboot.
5.now open Root.bat follow the steps(just pres any key) ( phone will restart dont worry )
6.if you see superuser on your phone your done . :)

Recovery
STEPS 1-2-3-4 are done .
5.open Normal Recovery - ADB.bat for normal recovery Or Touch Recovery - ADB.bat for touch recovery .
6.follow the steps (just pres enter when needed)
7.when all finish , turn off your phone - hold pressed volume down + search button then turn on tour phone . if you see the cwm recovery your done :))

Last edited:

mark_hatred

Oct 25, 2012
Taguig
Your post is very helpful. Million thanks, can you check again for the links you provided? cause those two are same, it's only for the drivers not for the rooting files and recovery. Thanks again, I too have a Sky Vega Racer A760S and this might be helpful for me ;)

mark_hatred

Oct 25, 2012
Taguig
mediafire . co m/?h7rka238l2r21lb
sorry :) noob problems :)
Sent from my IM-A760S using xda app-developers app

Thank you very much sir! :D Im gonna change my recovery now with CWM :D

By the way, in any case.. do you know what CUSTOM ROMs can we flash on our A760 devices? :( Need to remove the korean keybaord switching its annoying and the 80 character sms limit, Im running on Official ICS 4.0.4 v2.21 :(

Last edited:

Xenon112

Oct 25, 2012
Tirana
no need to change the rom. the original is a good rom. for sms limit download from playstore a app.I use sms pro, is good easy and compactible. for the korean keybord I will find out a way and then tell :)

mark_hatred

Oct 25, 2012
Taguig
no need to change the rom. the original is a good rom. for sms limit download from playstore a app.I use sms pro, is good easy and compactible. for the korean keybord I will find out a way and then tell :)

Hmmm I'm thinking of the added korean bloatware, thinking bout MIUI for it .... Im using Go SMS too but it has bugs when using , messages more than 160 chars I think will be missing to the recipient. That's why Im thinking bout having it custom ROMed... If only we have info bout this and XDA has support :( Thank you very much sir! Tell us here for any updates. Chao!

mark_hatred

Oct 25, 2012
Taguig
And BTW, bout the CWM , replacing the stock recovery with it shouldn't hurt my device also even if Im running on Official ICS 4.0.4 with S/W from sky v2.21 sir?

hiack

Oct 27, 2012
hello,is there anything wrong with the link of usb driver download? i can't open that URL correctly?besides,could the usb driver work right on Windows xp? thank you for your help!
hiack!

JiroPrinz8

Apr 20, 2011
Island city of the South
I've seen at leat 6 roms for this phone on a vietnamese site, but trying to understand the posts is so har using google.chrome. anyone know tieng viet?

Sent from my IM-A760S using XDA Premium HD app

a_qadeerpk

Aug 21, 2010
Nairobi
flash ICS boot.img over ginferbread

hi
i wrongly flash a boot.img for ICS, while i was using gingerbread on my sky im-760s. now when i power on my mob i see sky vega icon and then a dim light illuminated blank LCD only :(...
i can access CWM although v6.0 and i have 1 custom ROM on my internal sd but when i choose install zip from sd card i don't see the .zip file .
futher i cant access my internal SD via CWM with error "ums lunfile"...

now help me out guys to give life again to my sky im-760s ...

thanks in advance. plz reply asap.

zianrays

Jan 16, 2013
80 cherector SMS problem

Dear Bro.

I've the same phone, but I've an issue with this, I'm unable to send more than 80 cherectrs text to anyone, I already tried so many ways to to sort out the issue but I'm tired of this plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help me in this regard becz i already tried almost all methods available on the interment and myself................. plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, Trillions of Thanks in advance.

JiroPrinz8

Apr 20, 2011
Island city of the South
Dear Bro.

I've the same phone, but I've an issue with this, I'm unable to send more than 80 cherectrs text to anyone, I already tried so many ways to to sort out the issue but I'm tired of this plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help me in this regard becz i already tried almost all methods available on the interment and myself................. plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, Trillions of Thanks in advance.

Download a custom rom that fixes the issue, 1 google search would give you this. So much for trying all methods. Search search search, then ask.

Sent from my LG-LU6200 using xda premium

zianrays

Jan 16, 2013
Dont know Custom Rom

Dear,
I don't know about the custom Rom. plz guide me plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and give me this custom rom also or any link will be great to u if u tell me step by step method.

Regards

uetian04

Mar 7, 2011
How To Make System Back with CWM?

Hello to all .
This is my first post here , I've been on xda for a while ,See whats going on here .Support For Pantech Sky Phones is not open, just a few threads.
I Got a Sky Vega Racer A760S (a great dual-core 1.5Ghz Phone by the way) and needed to root it and install recovery on it . Searched here in xda for post for that kind of phone , found some ways to root+recovery it successfully, but the problem was that after that find out wi-fi and sound where completely gone . I got mad of that . Then self-upgraded it in sky vega site. I needed to root it , so i searched on some Vietnamese developers site some easy steps that i wanted to share to all that have this kind of superphone .

ROOT
3.Need to put phone into USB DEBUGGING . (go to settings -Developer options-usb debugging need to be checked)
5.now open Root.bat follow the steps(just pres any key) ( phone will restart dont worry )

Recovery
STEPS 1-2-3-4 are done .
5.open Normal Recovery - ADB.bat for normal recovery Or Touch Recovery - ADB.bat for touch recovery .
7.when all finish , turn off your phone - hold pressed volume down + search button then turn on tour phone . if you see the cwm recovery your done :))

I have rooted and flash CWM in A760 (ICS 4.0.4) phone successfully. My phone can be booted into CWM by pressing Vol down+search+Power button. Now I want to make system backup with CWM, but there is NO option available for making backup in CWM menu screen. Only these option can be seen,

reboot system now
apply update from external storage
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
enable ums
wipe internal sd card partition
Initilalize sd card partition
apply update from cache

So please tell me how can I make my system backup with CWM?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello to all .

ROOT

Recovery
    STEPS 1-2-3-4 are done .