[ROM] [AOSP] » LIQUIDSMOOTH » JellyBean [4.1.2] RC 7 Quincyatt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

martyh1

Apr 13, 2007
Did a quick search but didn't find anything. Right after flashing this ROM fresh (factory reset, clear caches, etc), the hard home button and the nav bar home button both don't work. I think it worked once but that was it. Anyone else have this problem? The hard "search" button doesn't work either. By "hard" I mean the offscreen buttons. Sorry for the incorrect terminology.

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

Did a quick search but didn't find anything. Right after flashing this ROM fresh (factory reset, clear caches, etc), the hard home button and the nav bar home button both don't work. I think it worked once but that was it. Anyone else have this problem? The hard "search" button doesn't work either. By "hard" I mean the offscreen buttons. Sorry for the incorrect terminology.

Nevermind. I guess one of the gapps downloads is required. Didn't know this. Thought I could install those one at a time from the app store (which I also thought was included in the base ROM). Seems to be working after flashing super gapps.

Last edited:

MoJoe277

Apr 22, 2011
Fort Worth, TX.

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

Nevermind. I guess one of the gapps downloads is required. Didn't know this. Thought I could install those one at a time from the app store (which I also thought was included in the base ROM). Seems to be working after flashing super gapps.

Yeah, on any JB ROM you must flash gapps with the ROM. This includes dirty flashing updated ROM versions or whatever. Oh, also never wipe cache/dalvik AFTER you flash gapps. Wipe them before flashing but never after. It screws up the system.

Sent from my SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

O figured out that check marking the "rotate lockscreen " in Liquid Splasher/Interface/Display settings will cause fc and will not let you go back in to change it.

Sent from my SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: SKaustin

SayWhat10

Jun 27, 2010
Miami
www.msn.com
POTENTIAL SOLUTION FOR COM.ANDROID.PHONE HAS STOPPED ISSUE:

1) Boot to TWRP, Wipe cache -> wipe dalvik -> wipe internal storage -> wipe system -> perform factory reset, IN THAT ORDER.
2) Install Liquid Smooth RC7, Install Gapps for RC7, reboot phone (DO NOT WIPE CACHES AGAIN AFTER INSTALL-- thanks truth77)
3) When your phone boots, go ahead and enter your gmail info and update the play store, then let it sit for awhile. DO NOT CHANGE ANY SETTINGS YET.
4) After about 5 minutes of letting your phone sit, call your voicemail (hold 1 on phone dialer screen). You should hear your voicemail, click hangup, there should be no error. Good!
5) Reboot your phone and wait at least another 1 minute. Go ahead and start tweaking your settings, do not make any phone calls yet.
6) After your phone has been powered on for about 5 minutes, go ahead and try another test call to your voicemail. If you hear sound and don't get an error when you disconnect, congratulations for surviving the reboot!
7) Play around on your phone for awhile more, finish up your personal settings, and then give it one final reboot.
8) After the reboot, do NOT try to make a phone call right away (see below). After about 3 minutes, try calling your voicemail again. If everything works with sound and without error, you are probably golden!

NOTES AND ISSUES:
1) If you reboot your phone too quickly after installing the rom, you may cause catastrophic errors including loss of cell signal or inability to hear or other caller to hear you during phone call.
2) If you try to make a phone call too quickly after the rom boots, you may not be able to hear sound and the other party may not be able to hear you. If this happens, you will need to reboot.

Following my own steps above worked for me. Thanks to everyone who lent their support.

ok so im reading this because i now have the phone.acore closing problem
however this fix seems like a first install fix,but this has just started happening to me earlier this morning(had the rom for a few days now)
whenever i call out and hang up it FC's, and when somebody calls it FC's
i re-read through this thread but didnt see a working fix that could be appled that would NOT involve wiping data and stuff(basically having to start all over from scratch and re-input my data)

is there a fix besides wiping data/factoryreset and /system? ( i tried wiping cache/dalvik cache,fix permissions)
i didnt change dialer ring in devs
i currently dont have contacts sync'ing after the first original sync to get my contacts in my phone

please advise

Last edited:

thekrush

Feb 11, 2007
Irvine
I hear noise on LiquidSmooth's FB page of a RC8 release...getting excited!!!

Sent from my SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

dadymon53

Jul 10, 2012
I probably shojldnt stir this up but I have a way but its a build prop edit. Change Maxlayer to 2, composite to hw from dyn. This is an old way to do it but it still doesn't check the button. JUST changes rendering.

If these changes made will it be necessary to disable overlays after a reboot?

Sent from my SGH-I717 using xda premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

liquidpooga.png

liq0005group1.png

LiquidSmooth is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project.
    As a team, we are dedicated to providing Android users with smooth, stable and fast Roms :)

Ours is an open source project. Please feel free to look at our code on LiquidSmooth GitHub

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project.

Furthermore, we also extend our gratitude to AOKP, Team CNA and Team EOS for parts of their code that we have incorporated.

Credit: Eric Hobart

liq0004group3.png

There have been lots of changes since RC 5 released.
    We have tried to incorporate various fixes and look into stability issues as well.

Some major additions and fixes, which we have incorporated and would like to give credit for are as follows-

Code:
    [COLOR="Blue"][B]LIQUID[/B][/COLOR][B]SMOOTH [/B][I][B]RC 7[/B][/I] Changelog

◘ Fix LTE Toggle Modes - XoomDev

◘ Added Navbar widgets/Resizable Navar Widgets - Zaphod-Beeblebrox

◘ Custom navbar targets for tablets/Tabui - Stevespear426

◘ Addded group mms threading - viekvanasani

◘ UI overhaul including Lockscreen Shortcut Bugfixed and power widget fixes - Danesh

◘ Added special Paranoid Android Sauce - Credit Paranoid Android

◘ [B]Added USB Mass torage support for tablet mode[/B] - DAGr8

◘ SystemUI-Fix menu button in landscape - Zaphod-Beeblebrox

◘ Fix H+ and add new navbar widget icon - kwes1020

◘ "Death by subtlety" aka updated holo pngs - ToxicThunder

◘ SystemUI: Recents Ram Bar - Stevespear426

◘ Security hole fix (prevent logging of lock pattern) - CM

◘ Added home button unlock option - invisibleK

◘ Bugfix for samsung usb dock events - StevenHarperUK

◘ Make toggles hidable - Stevespear426

◘ Add setting to allow haptic feedback on toggle press -gdanko

◘ [B]COMPLETE SETTINGS LAYOUT/ICON OVERHAUL[/B] - ToxicThunder

◘ Added support for wired headset detection - Sudhir Sharma

◘ Fix for UI LockUP with headset insert/removal - Ravi Kumar Alamanda

◘ Show more info during boot dialog (i.e. "package _ of _ is being optimized") - JbirdVegas

◘ Fix Haptic Feedback Bugs while switching toggles - sethyx

◘ Fix NFC Toggle not working if it was not on @ boot - sethyx

◘ [B]Huge Liquid Splasher overhaul including strings/summaries, layouts[/B]  - Liquid0624

◘ Added ability to hide expanded Desktop - D4rKn3sSyS

◘ Brand new boot animation - ToxicThunder

◘ KT747 10/28 kernel and Ktweaker for D2xxx U.S. builds - Ktoonsez

◘ Leankernel 4.5.0 for toro, maguro - Imoseyon

◘ Leankernel 0.3 for grouper - Imoseyon

liq0003group4.png

Liquid JB v2.0 RC7 (i717)*

SIZE: 127 MB
    MD5: unavailable for now ..

LIQUIDS JB GOOGLEAPPS
    MD5: efb067f6df551080d1955e2541d6d717

LIQUIDS JB WALLPAPERS
    MD5: a34ed96cd3bf36e8aa421e08a70bfe5c

liq0002group5.png

Liquid0624

Liquidzgrl

Nocoast

Hiemanshu

ToxicThunder

RaymanFX

DaGr8

DG4Prez

liq0001group5copy.png

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourselves update on the go!

Facebook

Twitter

Google+

liq0000group5copy2.png

Like our work ?

Many hours have been spent bringing you this release.
    You may show your appreciation and support for our project by considering a small donation -

--
    links are live ..

and its officialllll
    one more in case ..
    This didn't go to well last time but does anyone wanna test this weather zip? I'm using it now.
    http://db.tt/tutnG4eJ