Mime glass screen protectors

Search This thread

M2Iceman

Sep 18, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-SaNaXROG4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Www.mimeusa.com

This video helped me with the protector. Posted it and have had it about a week. It's kinda similar to another glad protector out there. I love it. The clarity is amazing and the finger flow on the glass is great. U do have to wipe the smudges off after a bit but no biggie. The function of the S pen is great. It was a concern for me but as soon as I got it on the S pen was the first thing I tried and no problems.
I've gone through a couple other protectors because I use the S pen a lot and hated the marks left on the screens so paying the $30 didn't concern me. The only thing I have issue with us that at the edges it looks like it's not fully connected but it is. Don't really notice it unless I focus on it but all in all a great protector for someone like me that was looking for something that was sturdy and didn't leave marked when u use the pen.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

artofwar

Mar 21, 2007
Did you buy an add-on home button? Did the screen protector make it harder to press the home button since it is much thicker. Is there very much Loss of touch sensitivity?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

Reactions: amirnote

M2Iceman

Sep 18, 2007
Did you buy an add-on home button? Did the screen protector make it harder to press the home button since it is much thicker. Is there very much Loss of touch sensitivity?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

No I didn't buy the home button. It's a bit recessed but it's not bad and I don't have any problems with turning on the phone. So fast no loss in touch sensitivity, I love this protector. I wanted a protector like this for a long time and now that it is I'm happy. A lot of smudges but a quick wipe and clear as anything.
I ordered another one for my wife and it seems the order is delayed. I haven't heard anything from the company but my last order took 4 days to get to me.

Last edited:

MEGA23

Jan 6, 2011
Would this protector work with an Otterbox Defender Case? And do any of you guys have a pic of it installed on your note 2?

M2Iceman

Sep 18, 2007
If u take a look at the video it give u an idea of what it looks like on. I'll have to take pics this weekend to post.

xfaega

Jan 8, 2007
When I order mine I don't remember any where you could order a add on button. But one thing for sure you have to be patient when you order. It took 7 days before they even sent it out. Will be here on Monday. Can't wait.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: amirnote

M2Iceman

Sep 18, 2007
I ordered this:
m-protectors/glaz-tempered-glass-protector_190_en.html?pb=71&pc=20

But kind of wishing I had seen the Mime as it looks like it might be better and I like the fact that it comes with those other screen protectors to put on top of it(but looks like they may not be including those anymore?).

Haven't received it yet, so may try to cancel if possible.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

The purple protector is actually a static cleaner. You use it after using the cleaner to take off any lint or scrap that might be on the screen just before adding the glass screen so its clean and no items. My second one is taking a bit longer to get but received en email from Mime today letting me know that it has been shipped and should arrive shortly. My wife will soon enjoy the protector.

Afishl1

Apr 15, 2012
The purple protector is actually a static cleaner. You use it after using the cleaner to take off any lint or scrap that might be on the screen just before adding the glass screen so its clean and no items. My second one is taking a bit longer to get but received en email from Mime today letting me know that it has been shipped and should arrive shortly. My wife will soon enjoy the protector.

Just to clarify, I meant I might try to cancel the other company's product that I had ordered (which I think was a pre-order).

Here's the correct link by the way:

http://www.itskins.com/product/temp...pered-glass-protector_190_en.html?pb=71&pc=20

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
No I didn't buy the home button. It's a bit recessed but it's not bad and I don't have any problems with turning on the phone. So fast no loss in touch sensitivity, I love this protector. I wanted a protector like this for a long time and now that it is I'm happy. A lot of smudges but a quick wipe and clear as anything.
I ordered another one for my wife and it seems the order is delayed. I haven't heard anything from the company but my last order took 4 days to get to me.

Hi

Is this what it looks like, this is the one I have and I'm like you very happy with it.

If you want me to remove this post just let me know, since it's not actually the mime protector.

This is what it looks like on my phone.

Last edited:

M2Iceman

Sep 18, 2007
Hi

Is this what it looks like, this is the one I have and I'm like you very happy with it.

If you want me to remove this post just let me know, since it's not actually the mime protector.

Yeah, saw your post in another thread and yes thats exactly what it looks like. Im wondering if companies are getting them from one source and selling them as thier own. Anyone wanting to see what it looks like this is what it looks like.

Reactions: -EViL-KoNCEPTz-

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
Yeah, saw your post in another thread and yes thats exactly what it looks like. Im wondering if companies are getting them from one source and selling them as thier own. Anyone wanting to see what it looks like this is what it looks like.

Thats what i'm thinking of, if this is true, then this one I have is telling the truth, at least is stated korean design and made in china, whiles the mime say it's made in the USA.

I actually ordered a spare one and received it, when I posted this in another thread, and during the installation there was a bubble that will not go away, even when I removed this protector a few time, I though it was a uneven glass, and suddenly it turned into a like a oily patch like rainbow effect, and thought it was just my sample, well just last week, it gone away, so now I have a spare one.

Don't get me wrong my spare one is not for sale, so please don't PM me.

I'm really happy with this and at a price i paid, can't really fault it, and a highly recommended product, whether it's my chinese version or the mime branded version.

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

You should get yourself a aluminum home button, it's a perfect match.

nnay

Jun 17, 2010
Paris
@kms108 can you give a link for your protector?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

xfaega

Jan 8, 2007
I received my glass screen protector from mime. I have two issues. One on the top and botton corners on the left side does not adhere on the corner edges and the second issue is that I have these very small like bubbles in random places that I can get out. I have applied and re applied and still get them in random places. Anyway besides that the screen seems to been good quality.

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
I received my glass screen protector from mime. I have two issues. One on the top and botton corners on the left side does not adhere on the corner edges and the second issue is that I have these very small like bubbles in random places that I can get out. I have applied and re applied and still get them in random places. Anyway besides that the screen seems to been good quality.

read my post 15.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-SaNaXROG4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Www.mimeusa.com

This video helped me with the protector. Posted it and have had it about a week. It's kinda similar to another glad protector out there. I love it. The clarity is amazing and the finger flow on the glass is great. U do have to wipe the smudges off after a bit but no biggie. The function of the S pen is great. It was a concern for me but as soon as I got it on the S pen was the first thing I tried and no problems.
    I've gone through a couple other protectors because I use the S pen a lot and hated the marks left on the screens so paying the $30 didn't concern me. The only thing I have issue with us that at the edges it looks like it's not fully connected but it is. Don't really notice it unless I focus on it but all in all a great protector for someone like me that was looking for something that was sturdy and didn't leave marked when u use the pen.

Can someone post pictures of their actual MIME protector installed?

Here are a couple of pics of the Mime screen protector :)

Hi

Hi Vectron, I'm trying to decide between MIME and Seidio for a glass protector for my Note 2 and hoping you can weigh in here. Do you happen to have a comparison between the two? The small size of the Seidio concerns me since it requires having more of the edge of the phone completely exposed.

That's a tough call because I never tried MIME and can only base my opinion from reading 18-pages of comments in this forum :D What I see in common, tempered glass is obviously rigid in comparison to PET film so the cut makes a BIG difference since GN2 glass is curved toward the edges. So if you have to make a call on how wide it should be and considering that glass is thicker and thus edges will be more noticeable - I think the cut right at the edge of visible LCD portion of the screen looks very clean (VITREO). Regarding not having a full screen protection, if you have a decent case with a lip - it won't matter much since the exposed part (with UAG case it's about 2.5-3mm) will not come in contact with surface and any impact directed at the glass has a lot higher probability of lending in the middle anyway (like if you drop it on a sharp or protruding object).

From what I gathered, people with MIME tempered glass have issues with bubbles around edges and some bubbles in the middle that take awhile to clear up, etc. But the product has a price advantage and offers a wider coverage, although at the expense of edges not always sticking (maybe it was in early version and fixed now?!?). Vitreo I believe is a higher quality product but it comes at a higher price as well, and also smaller cutout. I also heard from a few people that touch sensitivity of MIME is not the best, something I can't complain about with Vitreo. Actually the opposite, I feel it's a bit oversensitive which could be part of a slippery glass I still getting used to after having iSmooth protector for 3+ months. Maybe it's just a combination of slippery glass and oleophobic coating which might wear out after a while. But I have noticed on a few occasions with Vitreo where I have to touch'n'hold the link my fingers slides a little down so I have to respond faster in these situation.

Maybe someone who tried both can chime in? The problem is that with tempered glass being so expensive if it works for you, nobody going to lift it off and go on try something else :) With plastic screen protector it's easier especially when you get 2-3 in a pack. So unless you have problems or don't like it anymore, and decide to take it off and to try another one - it will be hard to find someone who played with both. And even if you have some issues with edges not sticking, some people just accept it and live with it.
    Can someone post pictures of their actual MIME protector installed?

Here ya go.