Post Reply Email Thread
22nd September 2014, 05:18 AM |#21  
Flag Hanoi
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Dear Admin,
How can I update into list by myshelf ?
I checked the host file, all of IP in there 127.0.0.1 then the web link
incase if I want to add more I must put in IP same above then put on then web link after there ?

29th September 2014, 01:38 PM |#22  
OP Member
Flag Düsseldorf
Thanks Meter: 223

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crownvn

Dear Admin,
How can I update into list by myshelf ?
I checked the host file, all of IP in there 127.0.0.1 then the web link
incase if I want to add more I must put in IP same above then put on then web link after there ?

Yes, follow this scheme and you can add hosts yourself. Be careful when re-zipping before flashing, I won't be responsible if you will break your phone . More safe would be to do modifications in hosts file on your phone directly (but also no guarantee)
30th September 2014, 06:25 PM |#23  
Flag Hanoi
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantelinho

Yes, follow this scheme and you can add hosts yourself. Be careful when re-zipping before flashing, I won't be responsible if you will break your phone . More safe would be to do modifications in hosts file on your phone directly (but also no guarantee)

How can i modification host file directly?
I tried istalling adway app then updating host then copy and paste it into my phone but i received the notice can not
4th November 2014, 04:40 AM |#24  
Flag Whittier,CA
Thanks Meter: 5,926

Donate to Me
More
Here is a newly modified AdAway. Just install like a regular app. When you hit start, it MIGHT ask you to go into settings/preference and change host path from data/data/hosts to data/hosts. Its simple. Then when you reboot it automatically makes the symlink path to system/etc/hosts. It has been working great!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mju5wog385....2014.apk?dl=0

Sent from my HTC One using Xparent Gray Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to JohnCorleone For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JohnCorleone Ad-Free
7th November 2014, 06:44 PM |#25  
Flag 59909 Bestwig
Thanks Meter: 155

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCorleone

Here is a newly modified AdAway. Just install like a regular app. When you hit start, it MIGHT ask you to go into settings/preference and change host path from data/data/hosts to data/hosts. Its simple. Then when you reboot it automatically makes the symlink path to system/etc/hosts. It has been working great!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mju5wog385....2014.apk?dl=0

Sent from my HTC One using Xparent Gray Tapatalk 2

Does it work on a galaxy s5, too?
17th November 2014, 12:47 AM |#26  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Smile
Hi
I just wanted to install this, as it worked perfectly fine before an update I got on my HTC One, but now, when I try to install it, it doesn't work at all. I tried the "manual" way, with the
"cd /system/etc
mv hosts /data/data
ln -s /data/data/hosts hosts
exit "
command, but the problem I encounter is, I have "too many symbolic links encountered", and my phone won't do the updates on AdAway. It is rooted, and everything works perfectly fine, except Adaway. I would like to know how I could delete the symbolic links, or how could I work that around.

Thank you a lot for your help !

EDIT : I just found the solution online. I post it here so it might help :

I actually booted into the recovery, mounted Data and System, and went into the terminal, on my computer.
Wrote "adb shell", then "rm /data/data/hosts",
booted the phone again, and did the whole AdAway update again. Worked perfectly fine.

Thank you once again for everything you've done !
The Following User Says Thank You to MrIlikeit For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MrIlikeit Ad-Free
16th December 2014, 02:08 AM |#27  
Flag Darmstadt
Thanks Meter: 110

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrIlikeit

Hi
EDIT : I just found the solution online. I post it here so it might help :

I actually booted into the recovery, mounted Data and System, and went into the terminal, on my computer.
Wrote "adb shell", then "rm /data/data/hosts",
booted the phone again, and did the whole AdAway update again. Worked perfectly fine.

Thank you once again for everything you've done !

Thanks a lot! Solved my issue @ my m8, too. Great
Best wishes

Martin
18th December 2014, 10:24 PM |#28  
Flag Chicopee
Thanks Meter: 1,919

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantelinho

A) Link /system/etc/hosts to a partition AdAway can write to
Install symlink_hosts_to_data.zip via your custom recovery (like CWM) to create a symbolic link from /system/etc/hosts to /data/data/hosts. Afterwards you can configure AdAway to use /data/data/hosts (as shown in attached screenshot) and it will work perfectly with updates and everything.

If you like to restore original state after having flashed one of the recovery zips above, use the attached restore_original_hosts.zip

Thank you for this. I'm new to HTC phones and I was panicking thinking I couldn't have adaway. This worked perfectly
4th January 2015, 12:08 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Wink VZW Moto X (1st gen) on 4.4.2 (write-protection)
Im using Towelpie for a tethered root (lose root on reboot). My question is how can u flash stuff like this if u have write protection? or even have a custom recovery in the first place to flash something? I have gotten Xposed to work with it, but no luck wit AdFree / AdAway, figured it was because of the write protection. Do i have any options here? (Besides getting Sunshine and unlocking bootloader, trying to preserve my warranty in case i drop my phone, motorola fixes the motomakers first cracked screen for free).

PS: that 'verify your not a robot' text for the captcha when you post a comment reminds me of blade runner...
2nd February 2015, 08:25 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Is this application block ads while surfing internet with any browser.???
2nd February 2015, 09:17 AM |#31  
Flag Mwanza
Thanks Meter: 132

More
Yes i does….
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)