Official AT&T (M8) Off Topic Thread

Search This thread

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
Agreed. That's why I'm trying to get all my note 2 buddies to get an m8. I selfishly want to populate this thread ;)

Note 3 Rules ?
Unlocked - Knoxed Up - Canadian
e5u2u7y9.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
Slim FAQ: http://www.slimroms.net/index.php/faq

Reactions: mindmajick

mindmajick

Account currently disabled
Note 3 Rules ?
Unlocked - Knoxed Up - Canadian
e5u2u7y9.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
Slim FAQ: http://www.slimroms.net/index.php/faq
Well sure.. if you're a Canadian it's a great phone... If you're on AT&T it's not so wonderful. Rooted yes... Unlocked boot no.

Thanks for stopping by, my friend from the other off topic thread... Hopefully some of my Sammy buddies will come to the light of HTC.

Sloth

Inactive RC / Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
The AT&T M8 forum in general is not nearly as active as I would like or have thought it would be. Maybe the device is still new enough that its only early adopters on here? Maybe folks are waiting for a price drop?
I think the AT&T section is slow because most users use the M8 forum rather then the Carrier specific forum

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
I think the AT&T section is slow because most users use the M8 forum rather then the Carrier specific forum

Yeah, I figured as much, also. I'm not crazy about the way they've split up the carrier versions into forum sections. Our community is fractured, to say the least.

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.

Madcat8686

Nov 9, 2013
Konoha
HTC One (M8)
Google Pixel 2
I think I might try FR out now. I have been going straight to the website and using pinch zoom ever since they changed Tapatalk, I've done it so long now that I've forgotten what it's like to use a forum reader.

Last edited:

Madcat8686

Nov 9, 2013
Konoha
HTC One (M8)
Google Pixel 2
Random thoughts about Linux...I've been a dedicated Microsoft user since Windows 3.11. I used it mainly for the office applications Excel, Word, Powerpoint but in the last year I've had two additional laptops with different flavors of Linux on them (Ubuntu and Xubuntu) to test the waters of Linux. I'm pretty convinced that I need to get off Microsoft and go with Linux totally.

Here's why: In the last two iterations of Windows starting with 8.0 the OS seems geared not for work or design but for social media. Anyone else think the metro interface is optimized for teenagers that mainly do the social media thing? I like the apps thing on the phone but on my PC? How do you get work accomplished with all the apps blinging at you? I know I installed a start menu program that sends the computer straight to the desktop so I don't have to see the interface. O.K. rant complete. lol.

As for Linux, it's getting better and better. I can do a full install in less than 30 minutes and I have all the functionality I expect from the computer. Not to mention the office packages have come a long way. It's easier to design and build things for me too.

Anyone else feel like jumping ship with me? (You know you want to.)

kdeuser

Jul 16, 2014
Random thoughts about Linux...I've been a dedicated Microsoft user since Windows 3.11.

I'm with ya. Still have the 3.1 floppy disks. First dual boot install of Red Hat 5.0 was in 1998-1999. Gamed on Windows, but, dualboot kept me in on what was happening with Linux over the years. Linux has come to be my favorite now. PCLinuxOS is my KDE flavor. Stable for me. Good to know there are others seeing what's really out there.:D

Reactions: Madcat8686

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello mods and fellow xdaers!

I have opened this thread for off topic discussion. We had similar threads in the Samsung skyrocket and note 2 forums.. I find that these types of threads really help the teamwork aspect of development by giving members an outlet to talk to each other without cluttering a development thread.

--
    I am a new user to this device but hopefully will be assisting others in no time. My history speaks for itself lol.
    --

I'll be updating this op once I get back to my pc but here are the rules of this thread:

1. No flaming bashing politics religion hate prejudice bad feelings nonsense allowed!
    2. No instigating the XDA Moderators.
    3. Mod Edit: Follow the Forum Rules and everything will be great...Enjoy

Just be nice.. say hello... Post silly memes... Be friends and learn stuff!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    I like it so quiet and peaceful, wait this is not the sprint S5 forums....?

Judgment is near....
    Every time I see your tag line I get scared... Guilty conscience I guess.
    Welcome back :) enjoy.
    trolling-meme-center_o_1146998.jpg
    Nice to see you here my friend! I was hoping you'd come across this thread.. It took a bit of effort and a kindly judge to get this here. Now maybe we can inspire some bacon based togetherness over here.

Lies all Lies.....:laugh::p that joker is biggest douche/tool bag I know :laugh:
    For the die hard BACON lovers... Lol
    Notice the JD similar to the boss MAN above... [emoji48][emoji14][emoji41]
    Run and hide or you'll end up in here if JD catches you doing wrong...
    storymaker-bacon-inspired-products-slideshow14-514x417.jpg

Just dropping in to give my hello/hi..cya

Sent from my T889 N2/N3/S5..