[SAFE] TW 4.4.2 | 06.20.14 | NE4/ND8 Hybrid | AT&T StockROM

Search This thread

lemonboi5

Sep 24, 2012
www.facebook.com
I've jumped to a conclusion. Its not the best but it could be worse.

Talkingmonkeys has boosted his sound file.
Your microphone may be wearing out.
Aokp roms have the sound settings set up pretty well to begin with.
I asked Talkingmonkeys to post a flashable here of his sound settings file..
Sent from my SGH-I747 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: jondroid2

jondroid2

Aug 9, 2012
I've jumped to a conclusion. Its not the best but it could be worse.

Talkingmonkeys has boosted his sound file.
Your microphone may be wearing out.
Aokp roms have the sound settings set up pretty well to begin with.
I asked Talkingmonkeys to post a flashable here of his sound settings file..

OK. Thanks for the help. I was running volume blaster at the time and flashed the restore zip just to be sure that wasn't causing the problem. I assumed that only affected the speakers though.

talkingmonkeys

Inactive Recognized RC / RT
May 15, 2013
It does only affect the speakers. It must be missing something else. A lib or something for this. I've only gotten bootloops with my attempt at moving everything from my nd8 port into the new base so far but its a fresh day and hopefully i can figure this out or I'll be working harder to redo a lot of things. Thought it was the frameworks so i already started retheming them but still got a bootloop.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Shels

sakdroid

Mar 11, 2011
Do we have alternate download link..
I tried the link in first post and it opens the Page and see 5 dots circling around and no download for last 30 mins...

talkingmonkeys

May 15, 2013
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2293133

This helped me out a lot

Sorry forgot to attatch the link to mine that works well for me. This probably won't fix that for google voice search though. It may be missing a lib. Try using titanium backup to delete it completely and download google search from the playstore https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox&hl=en

heres my sound boost I posted a while back, hidden in the stockmod thread. http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52999235&postcount=518

Reactions: jondroid2

MrPandroid

Jan 29, 2011
Greenville, SC
Great work man thanks for getting this up quickly.

To everyone please avoid updating the firmware (modem/bootloader) unless we find that we need to for some reason. Since it works the same on these ones there really is no point in us dealing with the new one if we don't have to yet. To clarify what worked for you with any 4.3 rom or the ND8 port ones that we've played with the last month will work the same with NE4.

I will probably stay on the 4.3 firmware until I get a new phone.

So if I understand your post correctly, if I took the OTA and am on the new bootloader/modem, any rom that worked with the 4.3 bootloader/modem combo should in theory work with the new ones?

Figure, better safe than sorry, so might as well double check before I do anything.

talkingmonkeys

May 15, 2013
So if I understand your post correctly, if I took the OTA and am on the new bootloader/modem, any rom that worked with the 4.3 bootloader/modem combo should in theory work with the new ones?

Figure, better safe than sorry, so might as well double check before I do anything.

Enewman17 said earlier that he got s3rx 3.0 to work it just didn't have wifi and he needed the mj2 kernel with it so I assume this would work for everything else 4.3. He also said he tried an aosp rom which worked just fine. Now for the ND8 ports you should have no problems either. Nd8 ports may need kt747 kernel.

So long as you don't do anything to downgrade your bootloader/modem you will be fine.

Reactions: MrPandroid

jondroid2

Aug 9, 2012
Sorry forgot to attatch the link to mine that works well for me. This probably won't fix that for google voice search though. It may be missing a lib. Try using titanium backup to delete it completely and download google search from the playstore https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox&hl=en

heres my sound boost I posted a while back, hidden in the stockmod thread. http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52999235&postcount=518

Everything up and running real good now. Reflashed the same Rom I had saved and mic working perfect now. This time around I let the rom settle in a lot longer. I will chalk that up to impatience and user error on my part :facepalm: I did throw in the volume boost kitkat-update.zip for good measure. Sorry for taking up you guy's valuable time, I know you have a lot on your plate right now. Just want you guy's to know how much we appreciate these new Roms:)

Reactions: lemonboi5

lemonboi5

Sep 24, 2012
www.facebook.com
Everything up and running real good now. Reflashed the same Rom I had saved and mic working perfect now. This time around I let the rom settle in a lot longer. I will chalk that up to impatience and user error on my part :facepalm: I did throw in the volume boost kitkat-update.zip for good measure. Sorry for taking up you guy's valuable time, I know you have a lot on your plate right now. Just want you guy's to know how much we appreciate these new Roms:)

Were here to help :) glad you got it running good

spaceghost21

Feb 28, 2013
So i updated my s3 OTA to 4.4.2 and rooted using the towel method but some of my apps are force closing. Are you guys experiencing the same thing? And will installing the ktoonez kernal help resolve this? I have wiped cache and dalvik but still getting FC, not frequently. I am on stock rooted havent installed anything besides SuperSu.

Darian71

Aug 31, 2012
holcomb
Just wanted to take the time to brag on this Port! Job well done guy's. I have noticed some small differences in the ND8 & NE4 but absolutely love it, battery (great kernel), + build prop = Nice ROM. after fixing the MMS issue not sending with wifi on with the S5 apps from Mr Bola, my device is running like a pro! Always been a huge fan of Aosp ROMS, but loving this so much I may never go back! YOU ROCK @lemonboi5!???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Joehen873

Dec 9, 2012
philly
Just wanted to take the time to brag on this Port! Job well done guy's. I have noticed some small differences in the ND8 & NE4 but absolutely love it, battery (great kernel), + build prop = Nice ROM. after fixing the MMS issue not sending with wifi on with the S5 apps from Mr Bola, my device is running like a pro! Always been a huge fan of Aosp ROMS, but loving this so much I may never go back! YOU ROCK @lemonboi5!???

What s5 apps from bola do u have working properly? ?

Darian71

Aug 31, 2012
holcomb
What s5 apps from bola do u have working properly? ?
The S5 messaging app and I had to apply the fix listed below it. I actually deleted the messaging apk from this ROM in system priv-app, replaced it with the S5 apk. Then did the same with the fc fix.

Here's the S5 mms app download
http://www.mediafire.com/?ms91rlyl86ddsi8
And here is the link to the forum describing what to do and the fc download if you experience fc's with the messaging.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=52627471

Last edited:
Reactions: talkingmonkeys

Joehen873

Dec 9, 2012
philly
The S5 messaging app and I had to apply the fix listed below it. I actually deleted the messaging apk from this ROM in system priv-app, replaced it with the S5 apk. Then did the same with the fc fix.

Here's the S5 mms app download
http://www.mediafire.com/?ms91rlyl86ddsi8
And here is the link to the forum describing what to do and the fc download if you experience fc's with the messaging.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=52627471
What about phone and contacts? ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    android-kitkat-logo.jpg

What is This?
    This is ND8, but it has all the NE4 files you need, even NE4 CSC. no traces of sprint are left behind. It's a fully flashable, and safe AT&T build.

Why?
    I made this hybrid to make you feel safer, while getting the same AT&T functionality you want. It's ND8 based, and we know ND8 is safe.

Screenshots:
    2014-06-202_zps4d8715cc.png

2014-06-201_zps5300671d.png

2014-06-20_zpsda5c6d6e.png

Downloads:
    Download NE4/ND8 Hybrid AT&T 4.4.2 StockROM
    Mirrors coming soon!
    Anyone is welcome to re-upload this!
    Freely use this as you wish!
    I believe the development in this community is beautiful!

Requirements:
    4.3 Firmware (bootloader & modem)
    (Mjb, and Mj2 compatible)

Whats Removed?
    Knox only. It's all stock NE4. All bloat is there.

Notes:
    • This includes the NE4 build.prop properties
    • All NE4 APPS included
    • Fully Stock- All Bloatware included.
    • Clean Flash recommended.
    • You can flash over ND8, but do not report bugs to me if dirty flashed, as the same toggles and everything are not enabled for AT&T.
    • I am claiming this as a"Hybrid"
    • It is safe. My device is still fully functional.

enewman17
    CNexus
    saranhai
    docholiday77
    talkingmonkeys
    Ktoosez (kt747)
    Can this lock on to lte network? I tried to lock lte on an nd8 Rom and it wouldn't do it.

Locked onto AT&T lte network just fine. Took a little while to settle in.
    Could you give a step by step guide of how you got all of that working? It doesn't have to be too detailed, but just where you found the apps and how you got them installed. Thank you.

I am planning to make flashable zip of all those apps hopefully by end of next week. If I have more time, I am end up building a S5 ROM with most of the S5 apps in it. ROM will be stock(untouched) with S5 apps cooked into it.:fingers-crossed:

Sorry, I don't remember what things made those apps working on the NE base. I have been playing with this stuff for almost month now.:silly:
    I am on stock kernel with S3Rx Rom, MJ2 bootloader and MJB Modem.
    Does the ROM also has Ktoonsex kernel also?

Yes. And I have the same firmware setup as you.

First! Thanks for the hard work