[ROM] Myn’s Warm Donut - [RLS 5 - 04/24/2010] - Added Odexed version 06/27

Do you like the current font?

• Total voters
Search This thread

wdbanks

Jun 12, 2008
Anyone know how I can install the GenieWidget apk from the Nexus One on this build? When I attempted to do so it wouldnt install. Thanks

*M*

Oct 25, 2009
New Zealand
Hey Myn - Love the look of the new build, but can't for the life of me get it running on my Sprint Vogue.

If anyone could help me, I would appreciate it!!!

I formatted my 2 gig SD card into 3 partitions using the video tutorial by intimidatorx31. After downloading the files (Market Google Nav SDCard Kit) from the first page, I extracted them into the root/android folder of the largest (fat32) partion. I can't see the other ext2 partitions using windows XP, so I assume I don't put them there. When I run HaRET, I'm using the default.txt that is configured for the width=240, height=320 and panel_type=3 since I'm on Sprint. When HaRET runs, the screen brightens, I get a double vibrate, the screen disappears quickly in a pixelated pattern and the screen goes blank. In the past, I would see the loading information for android on the screen, but I get nothing now. I let it do it's thing for a good 20 minutes, but nothing ever happens, and I have to do a hard reset to boot back into win 6.5. I've attached the bootlog.txt for analysis.

Thanks everyone.

Try panel type 1 anyway

mJoker

Dec 24, 2009
Chicago, IL
Hey everyone

I'm using a Kaiser with Dutty's WM 6.1. I have everything extracted to /android on the sd card, I have resolution to 240x320 (Tried the default too) And the panel_type is at 1 since I have T-Mobile.

I run haret.exe, use default.txt and it says "Booting linux" and shows that little pop-up window with the loading bar, but when the loading bar gets all the way to the end, it stops. No black screen, just freezes up. I've left it running to do it's thing but no cigar.

Anyone know why this might be? I'd love to use this as it seems like the most stable version with the most working gears. I've run other versions of android from this SD (I wiped them before trying this one) so I think it's formatted properly....

Thanks in advance!

gjbnh

Mar 15, 2009
US Cellular

Those users with US Cell, I've found thru several different builds, that the panel should be set to 0 in the default.txt. 1-3 has never worked for me, always resulting in a white screen.

I am having a problem tho; I'm stuck at the opening calibrate screen here. Any Ideas why and how to fix? Build looks great, and appeats to be fast, can't want to really get into it :)
:confused:

Michel82

Feb 19, 2008
Delft
Confirmed working on polaris. Very nice looking build and very (very!) fast. This is the most usable build so far imo.

zakkain

Feb 25, 2009
I've found that if I use the International Nav version, my Market doesn't have access to apps that should be there - like Facebook or Fring. Is that because those apps are only available in the US?

It looks like we have to choose between working GPS and more apps if we don't live in America - is there a way around that?

drewden123

Mar 8, 2008
I've found that if I use the International Nav version, my Market doesn't have access to apps that should be there - like Facebook or Fring. Is that because those apps are only available in the US?

It looks like we have to choose between working GPS and more apps if we don't live in America - is there a way around that?

Market Enabler: code.google.com/p/market-enabler/

You set the "faked" network to US T-Mobile. :)

mJoker

Dec 24, 2009
Chicago, IL
Those users with US Cell, I've found thru several different builds, that the panel should be set to 0 in the default.txt. 1-3 has never worked for me, always resulting in a white screen.

I am having a problem tho; I'm stuck at the opening calibrate screen here. Any Ideas why and how to fix? Build looks great, and appeats to be fast, can't want to really get into it :)

For future reference, I tried this and still no luck with my issue.

skydirt

Dec 6, 2007

I assume that you are running 320x240. This is a known issue/bug when running this resolution at first start. So far the only work around is to delete your data file, change your resolution to 320x480 then load android. Sign in with you account, use the market. You will now see all the apps like fring and facebook. Then, shut down the phone, change your resolution back to 320x240. This will allow you to run this resolution and still see all the apps.
However, this will not last long. This is not a permanent fix. The market WILL reset again after a few days or so.

hideffer

Jan 7, 2008
SoCal
The Fastest and Most Stable Non-Nand Build So Far

After testing multiple SD builds excluding cupcakes , Myn's Warm Donut build has been the most stable and fastest donut build so far. I didn't even have to update Google Maps since it was already the latest. I still like the "dual" booting option (WinMo and Android) so I will continue using it from the SD card. I tried the Tattoo build from SD and it was too laggy for daily use (I'm sure the nand version would have been much better). Thanks for putting this together.

zakkain

Feb 25, 2009
I assume that you are running 320x240. This is a known issue/bug when running this resolution at first start. So far the only work around is to delete your data file, change your resolution to 320x480 then load android. Sign in with you account, use the market. You will now see all the apps like fring and facebook. Then, shut down the phone, change your resolution back to 320x240. This will allow you to run this resolution and still see all the apps.
However, this will not last long. This is not a permanent fix. The market WILL reset again after a few days or so.

That old trick still, eh? Thanks, I thought that had been fixed in all these builds a while ago.

gjbnh

Mar 15, 2009

Found the solution; Tap and Hold several times on sceen, then once the phone is set up, use the calibration feature.

Top Liked Posts