Aedon's FULL Dusk Keyboard Skins

Search This thread

dmoses1969

Dec 30, 2007
Kansas
Aedon, here is the keys that need to be themed for an Android Keyboard.

I posted in your HD2 thread. Been thread jumping to much and kinda got lost.

Also, here is one of the keyboards I am currently using I themed.

Attachments

• HTC_IME_pngs.zip
    75.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 20110717231354.jpg
    20110717231354.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Reactions: aedon

aedon

Jan 28, 2011
Austin Tx
If you are running the android port on your phone, you should be able to install Root Explorer on your phone. Navigate to System/App/ and pull your keyboard and any other apk that you want to theme. I can help you with resigning the apk files and then you should be able to use root explorer again to push them back to their original location.

Ive got something on my laptop called droid explorer so i can pull the files if you tell me exactly where they are.

But the zip you asked for is right here a few posts up

dmoses1969

Dec 30, 2007
Kansas
If you can just make 3 images the same colors you used on your keyboard with the same size as the images in the zip I can make the rest of it work.

I can do the .9 patch on them and use them to theme the keyboard.

If I post a regular keyboard it is going to be an .apk file.

Do you mind posting a stock keyboard?
It makes it easier to skin
Thanks in advance

aedon

Jan 28, 2011
Austin Tx
So you just need 3 files of the squars then?

What about inverted?

Cause here are a few buttons.
A silver button, a black button, and an inverted black, red, green, and blue button

Last edited:

aedon

Jan 28, 2011
Austin Tx
Sorry, I should have remembered, those images need a 1 pixal transparent border around them.

ok, thats easy enough to fix.

I just overlayed the images you gave me to make them. I figured that the silverish colors in them were the background themself so I just made my own,
But if thats the case I'll re do them in a bit

dmoses1969

Dec 30, 2007
Kansas
Been playing with these for awhile, having problems getting the black key's to look right.

I'll keep working on it.

Sent from my Synergized HTC EVO 4G

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1311047686153.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1311047686153.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 21

aedon

Jan 28, 2011
Austin Tx
Been playing with these for awhile, having problems getting the black key's to look right.

I'll keep working on it.

Sent from my Synergized HTC EVO 4G

They dont look right because the keys are getting streatched and pixelated..
It would be best to have a designated button for all the ones that are getting streated in the exact size they need to be.
That way this doesnt happen

Last edited:

jjollyroger

Dec 5, 2009
hi, just made a quick test on my HD2:
the keyboard works and uninstalls ok , just a glitch in space bar (it is ovelapped by buttons grid)

EDIT uploaded the requested SIPBitmaps, not sure it is stock one since I recently played around with Keyboards

Attachments

• Screen003.jpg
    Screen003.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 22
  • Screen005.jpg
    Screen005.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 22
  • SIPBitmaps.zip
    154.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Reactions: aedon

aedon

Jan 28, 2011
Austin Tx
the keyboard works and uninstalls ok , just a glitch in space bar (it is ovelapped by buttons grid)

Ok thanks.
I know the problem here, It not that its being overlapped, you see the original layout for theese keyboard all have that double space bar thing.

What happens is that the file in the list called "SIPBitmaps.dll" has like 90 images in it that controll the space bars, the sbc/xt9 and a bunch of others. You phone must be using a different version of the keyboard and thus has a different sip file.

If you wouldnt mind, could you pull that file out of your windows directory and post it for me so I can make a fix?

aedon

Jan 28, 2011
Austin Tx

EDIT uploaded the requested SIPBitmaps, not sure it is stock one since I recently played around with Keyboards

I just took a look through it and it all looks like it should work though... they are all the same.

Is it all the space bars?

Last edited:

aedon

Jan 28, 2011
Austin Tx
I like the keyboard, very responsive,

I dont like however the colors, when can we get this w7p style of keyboard? i'd like to have plan colors as opposed to fancy letters,

thanks

Im currently going through the dll. all the layouts are finished and the white text file is ready.

The dll however contains about 90 buttons and images in it.

Im about half way through skinning it.

After that It will only take like 2 hours to set the cab up.
Thanks for your input.

aedon

Jan 28, 2011
Austin Tx
Heres some screen shots of the w7p skins that I made.

I personally dont like the look of this style keyboard skins, but others do so here it is.

Link to the thread here.

Attachments

• ss1.jpg
    ss1.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 237
  • ss2.jpg
    ss2.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 18
  • ss3.jpg
    ss3.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 23
  • ss4.jpg
    ss4.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: nuvens

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So youve tried looking for keyboard skins befor and were excited about the great new look it gave your phone right?

BUT
    You were dissapointed to find that it only skinned the very basic onscreen qwerty right?

I know I was.

SO
    I did something about it.
    If your familiar with the Sharkie rom, you might have noticed that his 5.0 rom featured a full keyboard skin in wich every single keyboard in the phone had been skinned in Dinik's iconic anastasia theme.
    That was my first keyboard skin.

But after the fact I had noticed a themeI liked better then the anastasia glass.

The DUSK!

So I colaborated a bit more with sharkie to make this new full keyborad skin.
    We decided that a traditional black and white look would be best and I went to work on this Dusk keyboard.

Stock green is just that, a stock green version
    Sharkie theme was made to match the sharki roms aqua blue them.
    Crimson Red was basicly for my use but I'll share

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

DISCLAIMER
    I did not come up with the original DUSK style graphics, I only used its style for this skin.
    This is for WVGA phones running EZImputs v2.1.2012.2024.00 (with arrows)

Leave request and comments
    Enjoy
    White keyboard keys fix

Ok... if anyone else has an issue of having white text on your keyboards instead of black like its sapouse to, this is what you do.
    Follow thees steps exactly.....

First, download the "Black ezinputs.zip" at the bottom of this post.

Extract the folder inside of it and place it somewhere on your storage card.

Using total commander, navagate to that folder and click it.

Now, 'right click' or hold down on the file inside of the folder. (the file name should be 'ezinput.dll') and hit 'Properties'

Uncheck all the boxes under attributes.
    (just click on the check mark, and it you have to click it again if it goes gray rather then dissapearing)

Click ok at the botom of your screen.

Now go to your windows directory.
    Find the ezinputs.dll in your windows directory and do the same thing.

After hitting ok, rename this file to 'ezinputs2.dll'

Go back to the file on your sdcard and right click it and select 'copy/move'
    then on the next window you have 4 choices
    copy
    move
    tree
    cancel

Select 'tree', then click on 'windows' (it should be the last item on that list of folders)

After that, it will go back to the window with the 4 choices mensioned above.

Select 'copy'
    It might take a min to do this, just wait.

Once its finished there, soft reset.

After its started up, your keys should be black again.
    All thats left to do is go back into your windows directory and delete the 'ezinputs2.dll' file.

Reset again just to be safe.
    That should take care of it.

This guide was written under the pretence that you have used some other keyboard skin or file that has changed your text to white.
    (Otherwise Id say you dont even need to do this as your text should be black if nothing has been tampered with.....)
    reserved for future releases
    Congratulations bro, check it out.. I told you I'd get you on xda's portal/homepage!! These skins are great!! I'm working on getting you those files for hd2 conversion..ooops did I leak that:p

http://www.xda-developers.com/windo...ows-mobile-keyboard-with-dusk-keyboard-skins/
    Heres an idea I have.
    I wont do it unless people ask for it, but it doesnt seem like too many people are really asking for much or even commenting.

But in any case, I changed the letter color to white.
    I could make a dark themed dusk skin...
    If anyone is interested

attachment.php